It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 14
15
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes
 

And I know you probably do not know to much about the scriptures....but Christians are commanded to JUDGE people....have you even read Matthew 7:1-5??

Read verse 5 especially, as Jesus tells us to judge others if we are not hypocrites. Now read the verses and stop doing all this imaginary praying "online" for me to be blinded with the grossly perverse LOVE-sick god you guys worship.

My God is a balanced being, and has both attributes of Love and Hate. Wrath and Mercy. Judgment and Grace. Life and death, Heaven and Hell. You can't pick and choose the attributes of God hun.........you must take Him at face value. READ YOU BIBLE.
1 Cor 2:15.....read!




posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by threewhiteeyes
 

And I know you probably do not know to much about the scriptures....but Christians are commanded to JUDGE people....have you even read Matthew 7:1-5??

Read verse 5 especially, as Jesus tells us to judge others if we are not hypocrites. Now read the verses and stop doing all this imaginary praying "online" for me to be blinded with the grossly perverse LOVE-sick god you guys worship.

My God is a balanced being, and has both attributes of Love and Hate. Wrath and Mercy. Judgment and Grace. Life and death, Heaven and Hell. You can't pick and choose the attributes of God hun.........you must take Him at face value. READ YOU BIBLE.
1 Cor 2:15.....read!


Keep telling me to read scripture, and I'll keep telling you to pull your head out. ONE of us is keeping our end of the deal. I'm sorry it came to insult, but I give up. You don't want to be edified, and intentiona- hell no. I'm not repeating myself. Try actually reading my post; my new sig is thanks partly to you.

You keep pointing at scripture, and I'm pointing at you. The Word can be a weapon, and any hate monger can use it to focus on negativity. You utterly distract from the message, and ignore the wisdom I and a couple others have imparted to you.
You want scripture? Here, then:

Proverbs 26:9 : Like a thorn that goes up into the hand of a drunkard is a proverb in the mouth of fools.

and

Proverbs 26:24 : He who hates, dissembles with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart.

finally, last, but far from least...

Proverbs 26:4 and 26:5. you can look THAT one up; you'll see why when you get there.

You've crossed the line of intelligent discussion, sending your brothers out into chasing the wind. NuT and I were sticking you until you made it clear you weren't here to sharpen iron. Just the opposite. I'm very hesitant you actually have faith, rather, an unjustified penchant for promoting hate. If ARE serious about God, I recommend reading proverbs, and what it says about self-proclaimed wisdom. Please consider doing this.

Memorizing passages means NOTHING if you decide for YOURSELF what they mean. We are to receive the Holy Spirit, that scriptural citation may serve a higher will than our own. Get some humility, and REALLY start thinking about being a hate monger. God can proclaim His feelings just fine; as a Christian, we are to promote Good News.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by threewhiteeyes
 



It is not our place to judge, which is the only way to generate this hatred he calls for.


"If people cannot see the love of Christ in your eyes, they won't care what comes out of your mouth, and if they can, it doesn't matter what comes out of your mouth." ~ unknown


very interesting. Ironically, I am DEATHLY afraid of eye contact. Irrational phobia, at a 'glance', but part of some things I learned when I...I learned too much involve eye contact.

Some things are better left unlearned.

I can't say I fully agree with the quote, but understand the implied sentiment. I can't help but recall Christ's response about washing the outside of a cup, or, that what comes out of one's mouth makes him unclean. I wonder who 'unknown' was..


That came from a hardcore criminal talking with Arthur Blisset. Saying how he ran up to Arthur and he said he was immediately disarmed by the love of Christ in his eyes, then said I had nothing to say, and the only thing that came out of Arthur's mouth was "JESUS."

That's it, 1 word. And I said "unknown" because I don't recall who he was, a bald man.


Quite a story. I can't help but wonder his inflecton saying 'Jesus' as the criminal ran up to him, though.

Hehehe I kid, I kid.

On a serious note, in my expeirience, that name has had the greatest impact on society. It makes me pond3r the whole 'Nuh-uh, it's "Yehushuae", not Jesus thing.' What is your view on that, NuT?



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes
 





Oh, absolutely. When I compare the squandering, american attitude vs. the humility practiced by those risking their life to even utter His Name, I can't help but secretly crave it. The cleansing.


Do you think those of us who really love Jesus wouldn't rather be there with those who are on the front lines trying and dying to tell his story? This is why we send missionaries and delegations out from us. Most of us are too poor to be able to even afford to go over there let alone leave the towns we live in.

I do pray for those christians living in enemy territory, that they succeed in their mission, and hope for the day when they can live free of fear and oppression. That day is coming soon, but it will get worse before it gets better.

Its all about the mark ofthe Beast, if you don't have it you can't go anywhere, do anything or buy anything. People think the mark comes in the great tribulation but theyre wrong. The mark has been around for thousands of years and i know what it is.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611
 





Always remember guys, God lovED the world in the PAST by sending His Son to die for us....what did we do? We killed His Son.....you can expect God to take REVENGE.


I can see why you would think this. This is a natural reaction of...a human, but he is not a man, he is as far beyond us, as we are as far beyond a pissant and just as alien to our understanding because our limited imaginations cannot even begin to grasp what he is. We only know what we know of him because of the prophets like Moses whom he chose to speak through and because of Jesus.

The basic fundamental of christianity is that Jesus is God, that by knowing Jesus we can know the Heveanly Father and that by believing in Jesus we believe in his Father. Jesus was never about revenge, he pleaded mercy for his murderers. The Glory of God shielded us from his anger.

Matthew 12:1-8

At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. 2 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!”

3 But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: 4 how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless? 6 Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple. 7 But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

He has always desired mercy over sacrifice, thats what Jesus was trying to tell the pharisees but they could only see the law.



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by threewhiteeyes
 





Oh, absolutely. When I compare the squandering, american attitude vs. the humility practiced by those risking their life to even utter His Name, I can't help but secretly crave it. The cleansing.


Do you think those of us who really love Jesus wouldn't rather be there with those who are on the front lines trying and dying to tell his story? This is why we send missionaries and delegations out from us. Most of us are too poor to be able to even afford to go over there let alone leave the towns we live in.

I do pray for those christians living in enemy territory, that they succeed in their mission, and hope for the day when they can live free of fear and oppression. That day is coming soon, but it will get worse before it gets better.

Its all about the mark ofthe Beast, if you don't have it you can't go anywhere, do anything or buy anything. People think the mark comes in the great tribulation but theyre wrong. The mark has been around for thousands of years and i know what it is.


I'm guessing the dollar? I've entertained this thought and even mapped out a handful of 'coincidences' that lined up. What about 'trade'? Just last month, the U.S. exported tons of food to China, in exchange for a sentiment. Iran also made a large, non-fiscal trade for food last month. I can trade my stack of cds for an xbox, so to speak. And SO many other countries bereft of any monetary guideline...Can't be, can it?

I could ask what you actually meant first, I suppose..I go off sometimes. IYO, what is the MOTB?

And I totally agree with your first paragraph...Many people secretly rooted on that Iranian pastor they hung last month. It sounds morbid, but we know what an honour it is to die in Christ.



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes
 





I'm guessing the dollar? I've entertained this thought and even mapped out a handful of 'coincidences' that lined up. What about 'trade'? Just last month, the U.S. exported tons of food to China, in exchange for a sentiment. Iran also made a large, non-fiscal trade for food last month. I can trade my stack of cds for an xbox, so to speak. And SO many other countries bereft of any monetary guideline...Can't be, can it?


Not just the Dollar, but the entire system of money we use now that was created by Nimrod. In ancient times pre-flood people worked in the fields by the sweat of their brow to feed themselves, and they used a barter and trade method of payment whenever they needed something or they just went without. I made a thread on the mark, people can bounce ideas off eachother.

Every country has some type of currency, even 3rd world countries, if not paper money then it is gold,silver,copper,precious stones or whatever that society deems as "money".



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
3 Things HUman;s Do NOT Know
1. Where we come from.
2. Why were all here.
3. Where We Go when We leave.
PEACE!



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KingArthur
 
where we might come from, why we might be here, and where we might be going ... www.youtube.com...



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingArthur
3 Things HUman;s Do NOT Know
1. Where we come from.
2. Why were all here.
3. Where We Go when We leave.
PEACE!


You ONLY speak for yourself.



Yes PEACE, from the Prince of Peace.




edit on 18-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 
And He will not resign ....Amen....peace



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Bwahahahahahaha Tell me something You know for sure
. and can prove it otherwise it's all speculation. And even then perspective can be skewed towards one ssens input and the optical field of ones vision still feelings come into Play should i go on?



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


...yeah, it makes sense, but I can still trade chickens for potatoes, here in NE. I mean, I never actually have, but..

What are Christians to do, then. Since my back surgery failed, I'm unable to work-really do anything.

If I want to eat, my older brother provides. Shelter? I live in his basement, atm. TP and soap? Yep.

Now, my brother is cursed, literally. He is incapable tof hearing or speaking Truth. Yet, he ALONE has provided for me. Naturally, God's looking out for me, but..through my brother, who is a fierce unbeliever.

I am too crippled to catch squirrels. Do you think it's money, overall? Jesus did ask who's likeness was on a coin, following with, 'return to ceasre (sp? Im half awake) that which is his, and return to me what is mine.'

Wouldn't He have imparted further warning? I actually had a dream about the mark being currency,
recently:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-3-2012 by threewhiteeyes because: smudge marks on lense. No wait. no no WAI-



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingArthur
Bwahahahahahaha Tell me something You know for sure
. and can prove it otherwise it's all speculation. And even then perspective can be skewed towards one ssens input and the optical field of ones vision still feelings come into Play should i go on?


No, you shouldn't. Anyone can cover their eyes before a car crash.

You know how I KNOW he's right? The Spirit inside of him; the same within me. I haven't so much as chatted briefly with him, and yet I know.

Not anyone can see this kind of thing, so it should sound speculative; I assure you, it is not. Submit your will to God. THEN He might show you. Non Christians do not see it-I didn't a 'few' years back. As I daily reached for God, He daily brought me closer. It didn't happen overnight.

Yes, it IS supernatural. If I would have known soo-well..I don't think I know for sure at all HOW it works, but it sure does..



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by KingArthur
 
where we might come from, why we might be here, and where we might be going ... www.youtube.com...


sounds like the Terminator


I can see this happening, though.

Sorry, though, this guy lost me when I noticed three things 'for sale' in the description. If I want to warn my brethren, I don't ask for their money.
: \



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes
 
In all honesty Chuck Missler has been a blessing to me.I haven't sent him any money but would pay for some of his material .He does labour in the word and has gone from a Ferrari driving executive to a very knowledgeable teacher of the word .check out a few of his podcast ..peace www.firefighters.org...

oh and this is a good vid from youtube .. www.youtube.com...


edit on 18-3-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes
 



Sorry, though, this guy lost me when I noticed three things 'for sale' in the description. If I want to warn my brethren, I don't ask for their money.


Now come on. Someone needs to pay for the wages of everyone involved in production of the materials. I teach Pre-K at church, should I not pay for materials and visual aids to help the children understand better than I could? Kids love pictures, and I can't draw.

Someone spends all their time and talents on something they should be compensated for their work. It's a job hun.



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by threewhiteeyes
 
In all honesty Chuck Missler has been a blessing to me.I haven't sent him any money but would pay for some of his material .He does labour in the word and has gone from a Ferrari driving executive to a very knowledgeable teacher of the word .check out a few of his podcast ..peace www.firefighters.org...

oh and this is a good vid from youtube .. www.youtube.com...



Yes, Chuck has really blessed my walk tremendously as well. I recommend his work to everyone. I also dearly love Mark Driscoll, Perry Stone Jr., Damon Thompson, and Dr. David Regean. But Chuck isn't a preacher, he's an exegetical commentator and prophecy teacher.



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KingArthur
 



Bwahahahahahaha Tell me something You know for sure


Cats hate water. And witches float in water.

(Sorry for the Monty Python plug)



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join