It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before sharing your pithy, antiChristian quips, please read

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

unashamed bump......anyone? Dare go verse for verse with me?

In other news, do you think as Christians we should HATE other religions? I do......and I can prove it. WITH scripture in context. Can any of you guys prove other wise?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

I 'included' them in this discussion to ward off nitpicky road scholars who would throw a fit had I not included them.

Now isn't that the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Ok, first rule: tighten the belt buckle of priest, enforcing celibacy instead of suggesting it like Paul did. Maybe we can force them into sexual transgression

Second, I vote we put money before anything. While we're at it, lets switch the commandments around, and move the Sabbath.

Maybe we can find a lunatic to dig up some crap and redefine God's will.
Yeah, rules are a great idea. =P

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by KJV1611

unashamed bump......anyone? Dare go verse for verse with me?

In other news, do you think as Christians we should HATE other religions? I do......and I can prove it. WITH scripture in context. Can any of you guys prove other wise?

Why? You won't address others presented verses, still waiting on those 9 I've already presented to you to be addressed. You're not interested in discussing and letting iron sharpen iron, you want everyone to get on the witness stand and answer to you when you demand you be answered.

That's not Christian fellowship, that's a criminal trial.

btw, here is my unashamed bump too:

Alright then, I suppose we could just beat each other up by bouncing random verses off each other, that's prolly never been tried before.

edit on 16-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You say you don't "hate" anyone... Thats Good! Unfortunatly KJV disagrees with that statement... Apparently according to him... You should hate people.... "its ok"...

I never said I liked hating people.....I said that you are suppose too. I take no pleasure in hating someone or watching them make decisions that I KNOW will send them to Hell. God takes no pleasure in it either. What I said is the BIBLE DEMANDS and COMMANDS for us Christians to HATE certain thing...and them things include people sometimes. Try me out if you want the scriptures...I got them, plenty of them. There are plenty of things in the Bible I don't agree with...that doesn't make my opinion right or even worth anything. I DO AS I AM TOLD via the Holy Bible. IT is called having AUTHORITY......and that is what keeps people away from being Christians...they are their OWN GOD and make their own choices and are called idolaters.
They worship their self.

Can you see why i will not label myself as Christian? The label is just far to broad for me to accept..

Well Christian is the Bible term that we are to call our self if we are SAVED from Hell. So if you don't want to be called Christian....it is because you are not one.

ACTS 11:26 And the disciples were called CHRISTIANS first in Antioch.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by threewhiteeyes

Ok, first rule: tighten the belt buckle of priest, enforcing celibacy instead of suggesting it like Paul did. Maybe we can force them into sexual transgression

Second, I vote we put money before anything. While we're at it, lets switch the commandments around, and move the Sabbath.

Maybe we can find a lunatic to dig up some crap and redefine God's will.
Yeah, rules are a great idea. =P

I'll play..

Third: Can we still pray to the queen of heaven? Perhaps give her a Christian name?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

please, post ANY VERSE you want. Unlike you apparently...I am open to debate and will do so happily with a neutral attitude. (not a good attitude, nor a bad one, but BALANCED)

Anyone able to disprove that we are to HATE other religions?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

By definition militant means combative and aggressive... i would hardly call you either of those, though i don't know you asside from your posts here.

I told you I've been neutered here, that I'm currently on strike #2 as far as posting bans go. I don't know how you can claim I'm not combative, THOSE R FIGHTING WORDS MY FRIEND! lolol

IF you are combative and aggressive about your religion... Well im sorry the truth hurts... On the other hand, IF what KVJ said is true... that being the resposiblity of the deaths in the name of Christianity falls upon the Catholics.... that is an entirely different issue...

I don't agree with that. Sometimes the elect still make grave mistakes in the heat of passion. David had a man murdered. But in an essence, I also agre with what he said because Christians were the ones running and hiding in terror from the RCC. The RCC in one afternoon murdered more Christians than in all the Roman persecutions combined. That's sad. Christians were the ones being made extra crispy, they weren't holding the matches.

Perhaps you should start a thread as to why Catholics arn't Christian...

No thanks, that's a can I have no desire to open. been there, done that. It's gets extremely ugly,.. extremely fast.

You say you don't "hate" anyone... Thats Good! Unfortunatly KJV disagrees with that statement...

I don't care, he doesn't speak for me, he can only speak for himself.

Apparently according to him... You should hate people.... "its ok"...

Well, when there is a gospel according to KJV I'll listen.

Can you see why i will not label myself as Christian? The label is just far to broad for me to accept..

Jesus: "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

Paul: "For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock."

They. We're. Right.

They didn't warn us of that so we could reject Christ, they warned us of them so we could prepare, be on the outlook for, and turn away from them.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

please, post ANY VERSE you want.

Again?

Why do I need to waste bandwidth and my time posting for no reason whatsoever other than you're too lazy to go back a couple pages? No, grow up.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I already replied to all verses you posted. If I missed any I am sorry and will happily respond to them accordingly. But you refuse to address my verses
Do they not agree with your theology? I will await such discussion.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by threewhiteeyes

Again and again you imply that God does not love us. There is no Truth in this. Citing scripture doesn't justify your aberrant claims, either.

I think what KJV1611 is trying to convey is that even though we have his love, he still has the entire judgment thing he will execute.

It's not that he is going to take his anger out on his bride, but rather the bride that whored around on him and those who don't accept his gift of salvation.

That whole "wrath of God" thing still happens and will happen again on a scale that will make your hair go white with fear.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It always amuzes me to see people complaining about people generalizing them but then generalizing about others whom they know nothing about.

But i've been both a Christian and an Atheist in my time.

And you know what?

If I said i was a Christian, non Christians of all sorts attacked and berated me just for believing in something different than them.

When I was an atheist, religious people would attack and berate me just for believing in something different than they did.

And i'm incredibly frustrated with it.

I wish people would learn not to attack and ebrate and insult and belittle people just for believing in something different than they do.

It really shouldn't matter.

What matters is how people are treated. Beliefs should be secondary to that.

Do what thou wilt at no harm to others shall be the whole of the law.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

When I read .. Jud 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
Jud 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
I get the feeling that one is better responding with love as opposed to hate ...Its a hard old road we are on and we surley need guidence ...peace

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think what KJV1611 is trying to convey is that even though we have his love, he still has the entire judgment thing he will execute.

It's not that he is going to take his anger out on his bride, but rather the bride that whored around on him and those who don't accept his gift of salvation.

Hello old friend, let me clear up what I have said so everyone knows the truth.

God loves and always will love those that have trusted His Son Jesus Christ. If God was to hate a Christian, it would be the same as God hating His Son....which He loves. (Romans 8:35-39)

Now, with that said, God DOES NOT LOVE any that is not saved. If you are lost and willfully rejects His Sons sacrifice on the Cross then God HATES you. This is very clear from scripture. (John 3:16, Hebrews 10:29, Psalm 139:21-22)

God loved this wicked world ONLY through His Son Jesus. You can not find God's love outside of Jesus Christ. God hates anybody that does not trust in His Son for salvation. (John 14:6, Psalm 119:128)

Always remember guys, God lovED the world in the PAST by sending His Son to die for us....what did we do? We killed His Son.....you can expect God to take REVENGE. God does not LOVE this world PRESENTLY.....if you think He does, you are sick. Anyone took a long look around the world lately? Does it look like anything God is loving or taking care of? Nope.......Satan rules this world. And the worse is yet to come....

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I'll give you one even better out of Jude:

JUDE 1:23
And others save with FEAR, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Remember now....your opinion on what "works" does not amount to a hill of beans. Its God opinion and His words that matter.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

I already replied to all verses you posted. If I missed any I am sorry and will happily respond to them accordingly. But you refuse to address my verses
Do they not agree with your theology? I will await such discussion.

Okay, okay, okay, okay, (&%@#)!!!!!!! I will curtail to your stupid games yet again. This is only to show you how ridiculously patient I'm being with you.

*started doing this a 6:00 PM EST*

#1: (We do NOT war against flesh and blood.)

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

#2 (Secondly, you don't have a clue what Christ is doing in a person's life. That person you "HATE" today may accept Christ tomorrow. Then where are you, you've "murdered" one of God's elect. )

"Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." 1 John 3:15

#3 (You are not appointed judge of another man's servant.) *you were attacking other Christians at this time*

"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

#4: (Christ is capable of chastising and rebuking those whom He loves.)

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth." Hebrews 12:6

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." Revelation 3:9

#5: (His kindness leads us to repentance, not His wrath.)

"Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?" Romans 2:4

#6: (His mercy and grace is what attracts us to Him.)

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved
"

#7: (You were only told to visit widows and orphans in their time of need and to spread the gospel to all nations.)

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." James 1:27

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

#8: (Your hate is causing the pagans to blaspheme the Lord.) *false teachers*

"For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written." Romans 2:24

#9: (Did He say Love God with all we have and love our neighbor as ourselves, or was it hate your neighbor as you see fit? Help me out here!)

A: "And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." Mark 12:31

(And like I said in the post, in the story of the good Samaritan Christ tells you exactly who your "neighbor" is.)

#10: (No kidding following commands is works, why do you think He saved us to begin with? The word says we were saved to do those works. Ephesians 2 doesn't end at verse 9, what does verse 10 say?)

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

#11 (in Galatians 5:14 Paul even narrows it to ONE single command for Christians. I'll give you a free hint, it's not "hate your sinful neighbor".)

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

*finished @ 6:57 pm EST*

Now, absolutely no more bull excrement, either address all these or don't you ever call me out for refusing to deal with scriptures.

edit on 16-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I will await such discussion.

I thought you didn't want discussion? I thought you just wanted to bash eachother's brains in with Scripture void of personal commentary and reflection?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Well, why didn't you just say you were into satanism?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I get the feeling that one is better responding with love as opposed to hate ...Its a hard old road we are on and we surley need guidence ...peace

Amen. Love drives out any and all fear. And fear is how the enemy operates.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Well, why didn't you just say you were into satanism?

Careful with that...

When you look at it from the right perspective he is correct... even though that quote comes from a satanist. ( ...and a brilliant man)

In fact all people are free to do as they will...

edit on 16-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join