It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australias State of the Climate 2012 report.....CO2 Higher now than in the last 20,000,000 yrs!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
www.climatecodered.org...:+ClimateCodeRed+%28 climate+code+red%29

Have a look at the article, and tell me if you think this is solid science?
If so what is the death of the Global Warming theory behing touted for when it seems we are getting to the tipping point?
Global warming ...fact or fancy?
These scientists seem to think its real.......whats your take?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

lemme ask you this... was there anything 20,000,000 years ago like cars and jets?

seeing as the answer is no... then of course Co2 would be higher now.

this report is for the sheep, who dont have the common sense to know what I just said, they see "scientists" and leave it as truth, without doing any research of their own

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So, this report basically says that CO2 has been climibing steadily for 800,000 years.

One volcano puts out more CO2 than all industry combined in one year.

Are we still working on the mysterious claim that manmade CO2 emissions are signifant in global warming?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Okay, let me take a ride in the time machine that they used to gather this information. I hope its not bits and pieces from a small amount of places.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Never mind that some scientists calculate significantly lower CO2 amounts than the alarmists. In any case, given the insignificant amount of the stuff humans are responsible for, it hardly seems likely that taxing us for it is going to accomplish much. Maybe if we rend our garments and pour ashes over our heads and cry out to the Christian God--maybe that would help....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

if the co2 levels were as high 15 million years ago as they are now, than that proves manmade co2 has no effect. It is just a natural cycle. Then again, who knows if there were advanced industry 15 million years ago....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The reasoning in this thread is beyond pitiful.

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a member of ATS.

I resign on this topic.

There is no point to even try..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Global warming is real, there is no doubt about that, and the only people who tell you differently are the sheep who get most of their info from the likes of Rush and other nutjobs.

It is delusional to ignore the increase in CO2, and pretend that it doesn't have anything to do with global warming.

Chances are good that we are about to hit a tipping point. Methane boiling up out of the Arctic continental shelf, the warming of the southern ocean, glaciers slipping off Antarctica and into the ocean.

That methane factor is huge.

www.barentsobserver.com...

Also further to the East in the Arctic ice conditions are very unusual this year. The Kara Sea to the East of Novaya Zemlya was completely ice-free in February, as BarentsObserver reported.

A recent NASA-study shows that the oldest and thickest Arctic sea ice is disappearing at a faster rate than the younger and thinner ice at the edges of the Arctic Ocean’s floating ice cap. The shows that multi-year ice has diminished with each passing winter over the last three decades with a rate of -15.1 percent per decade.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The tipping point was breached sometime last decade, according to an emeritus climatologist I exchanged emails with for a little while.

It's just going to take some more years to play out.

Seriously, there is no reason to even try at this point.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Regardless of cause.....cars or methane, the last time that CO2 was this high(actually a little less back then)
was 20,000,000 million years according to the report.
The seas were up to 120 ft deeper......
This has repercussions and regardless of the arguments, what will they do when the coastal lowlands start to flood?
Which could be anytime now........according to the study.....if i read it right....
Assuming that CO2 is the driver of global climate.....
There are a dozen or two other factors to take into account...
Space weather,Vulcanism,Ocean caiity and many more probably....
Is CO2 the big buggaboo?
Or could it just be a peripheral cause? or even a result of other stronger factors?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

And that is a reason for not taxing ourselves out the wazoo, regardless of it being real or not.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I do not believe that the can have true readings of ancient ai qualities by analyzing ice cores , it may give them a very very slight idea what was going on but to say the whole earths atmosphere was X or Y from a couple of ice cores is bull cucka

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

So, if it was just as high as 20 million years ago, before planes, trains and automobiles, then why is there an argument that this is man made, or that we even have a significant affect?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It doesn't look right to me
according to the ACTUAL ice core data www.igsoc.org:8080...

there are some nifty little chart datums in thar

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of all this. All this dreadful news, if real, would pretty much remove any doubt from anyone's mind that human beings are responsible for global warming--excuse me--climate change. Anyway, I gave up feeling guilty about driving my old 1999 GMC van when I found out that every planet in the solar system is experiencing global warming--unless, of course, we're responsible for that too. (Boy: That's gonna make our cap-and-trade taxes skyrocket!)

So I say again: What the hell are we supposed to do about it?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Ice cores not accurate?
as compared to what?
Math models that have the co2 going up no matter what data is put in

man has lots more to worry about other then finding away to tax breathing:
Like Fucushima, ww3, derivitives, GMOs, non ionizing radiation an ICE AGE....
just to name a few REAL problems that taxes arn't going to fix

PS when the C02 was higher plant life was more lush life was easy and there was no need to live in the realm of problem reaction solution
edit on 14-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Regardless of cause.....cars or methane, the last time that CO2 was this high(actually a little less back then)
was 20,000,000 million years according to the report.
The seas were up to 120 ft deeper......
This has repercussions and regardless of the arguments, what will they do when the coastal lowlands start to flood?
Which could be anytime now........according to the study.....if i read it right....
Assuming that CO2 is the driver of global climate.....
There are a dozen or two other factors to take into account...
Space weather,Vulcanism,Ocean caiity and many more probably....
Is CO2 the big buggaboo?
Or could it just be a peripheral cause? or even a result of other stronger factors?

I guess man bear pig is going to have to sell his new shack

It's good to be green - Al Gore buys $9 million seaside home

www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
anybody see MaxMars nifty thread on how C02 make you fat?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

BOOGIEMAN!

Just sayin

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

So where in the article do they ask for more money to "prevent" CO2 from climbing even more? Because I know all these Liberal jacktards want is money..

If Carbon is higher than any time in the past 20 million years, I want to know what industries existed 20 million years ago to cause such high carbon presence?

Otherwise it's just a cycle.. and no amount of tax dollars will stop it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I would have to go with Vulcanism being the culprit back then.....
There were some very big craters found that could have been partly to blame, but im not sure of the dates of asteroidal hits.......One made the Gulf of Mexico, then ixtclub? crater?
And so forth....big earth shaking hits....even a few only miles across would kick a lot of stuff up and cause a pile of CO2 to be injected into the atmosphere from all the burning vegetation.....(could be huge conflagration even.......)
Volcanos next in line produce mega crap including lots of CO2.....
Warmer seas will melt methane fixed on the ocean bottoms as well......
The results of the study do seem to indicate something mega SHOULD be evidently happening ....RIGHT NOW...
With 70 more parts per mil than ages ago even.......
Do you think the large weather we are facing these days is the direct results of this increase?
Is it also due to Solar influences?
Also there is a large Ion cloud we are currntly cross navigating in space.....This energy differential in space which we are passing through, could also be root and cause of all that we experience as out of the norm lately.....This energy cloud is light years across....so well be swimming in loose electrons, neutrons and other particles which could be sufficient to penetrate earths core and excite the magma to expansion levels....??
Just sayin...................

edit on 14-3-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join