It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Makin Island transits Strait of Hormuz and nobody noticed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The USS Makin Island (LHD-8) and its entire Amphibious Ready Group and Marine Expeditionary Unit sailed through the Strait of Hormuz and docked at the US Naval base in Bahrain without incident this week. Nobody even noticed. The Iranians did not threaten to sink her and no one on ATS pointed out the obvious False Flag potential here.

The Makin Island is a "small" carrier of 40,000+ tons (Compare the Yorktown class carriers at 20,000 tons) designed to support amphibious landings with helicopters and Harrier jets.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Good post... sounds like poker... the US 'raised' and Iran folded like the cheap suit they are... smart move on their part....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

My guess for false flag would be from the USS Enterprise.
This carrier needs to be decommissioned and its nuclear engines on board which would be a very expensive operation.
If something would happen to it they do not have to clean it up and they have their excuse for attack

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This task force, is supposed to stay in bahrain or will they move on?
Seems we dont really need an invasion force of they dont think Iran will needs boots on the ground.....
This coupled with the mother ship they are sending for JSOCOM they will have a quite capable raidnig and harrying force stationed well close enough to Iran for operations against Iranian targets.
Or possibly for operations against bashar Assad....in Syria?
This is more likely the near term idea for this task force if it comes to intervention......

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Sounds like they are sending a message.

Move in, destroy what they want to destroy, move out?

All that nation building seems to be a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cayote

This carrier needs to be decommissioned and its nuclear engines on board which would be a very expensive operation.
If something would happen to it they do not have to clean it up and they have their excuse for attack

Yup. We have several threads that have suggested the Enterprise is the best candidate for a False Flag. Follow the scenario. The Enterprise goes through the Strait of Hormuz. It is sunk by us, but blamed on the Iranians. Now we have the Enterprise on the seabed with eight live nuclear reactors, likely damaged, spewing radiation. The Strait is only 75 meters deep at the dogleg and not much deeper on either side. The Enterprise is 250 feet tall, so if sunk in the Strait it would stick out of the water. You think we wouldn't have to clean it up??? The Strait is closed, of course and no tankers can get through, thus throwing the entire world into a Depression that makes this so-called Great Recession look like child's play.

Taking apart the Enterprise is already in the budget. It's nukes will be taken apart at Norfolk, then the carrier will be towed to PSNS, Bremerton Inactive Ships Facility where it will be scrapped. So we're going to destroy the world's entire economy and lower the standard of living for what, again? The whole idea is nonsensical.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
LOL

The US is not going to attack Iran. It would be suicide in all ways possible. Not to mention the insane increase of suicides inside the US army if they dare attack Iran.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
LOL

The US is not going to attack Iran. It would be suicide in all ways possible. Not to mention the insane increase of suicides inside the US army if they dare attack Iran.

I dont want to see US attack anyone but if they did it wouldn't be suicide at all, people thought the same thing when we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq and US military has lost less than 10,000 troops in both of those wars compared to well over 1,000,000 combined in Afghanistan and Iraq, that is an absolute staggering kill ratio 100-1. Besides the fact that our troops are well acclimated to the area having spent 10 years in that region and are the most battle hardened soldiers of any military currently on this planet. Its suicide for whoever the US decides to invade. Only way Iran can have a snowball's chance in hell is if the Russian's and Chinese were to come to the defense of Iran. If that happens then everyone on this planet loses so it won't matter after its done.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

LOL

I dont want to see US attack anyone but if they did it wouldn't be suicide at all, people thought the same thing when we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq and US military has lost less than 10,000 troops in both of those wars compared to well over 1,000,000 combined in Afghanistan and Iraq, that is an absolute staggering kill ratio 100-1. Besides the fact that our troops are well acclimated to the area having spent 10 years in that region and are the most battle hardened soldiers of any military currently on this planet. Its suicide for whoever the US decides to invade. Only way Iran can have a snowball's chance in hell is if the Russian's and Chinese were to come to the defense of Iran. If that happens then everyone on this planet loses so it won't matter after its done.

Yeh yeh, bravado never scared anyone. Listen, you are talking like that because you want to talk some courage or hope into yourself. An attack on Iran cannot be compared to Iraq and Afghanistan COMBINED, but you wouldn't know those things because you are a blind to certain facts. Mainly because of your ignorance about cultures and history.

Your troops will kill themselves by the truckloads if they step into Iran.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

LOL

Yeh yeh, bravado never scared anyone. Listen, you are talking like that because you want to talk some courage or hope into yourself. An attack on Iran cannot be compared to Iraq and Afghanistan COMBINED, but you wouldn't know those things because you are a blind to certain facts. Mainly because of your ignorance about cultures and history.

Your troops will kill themselves by the truckloads if they step into Iran.

InfoKartel... I really don't know where you get your info, but respectfully, the US alone could smash Iran like the stink bug it is.
Iran has a limited ability by themselves to fight a ground war, i.e. WWIII while the US or NATO would be fighting WWXII.
Russia will stay out of it as Putin is already on record saying that 'Iran should not have nuclear weapons'.
China, I don't think they give a rats patootie about Iran as they intend to 'buy' the whole world.
Iran might throw up some antiquated bio-weapons like Iraq used against them in their war, and as everyone says they aren't developing nukes, then the only other possibility is a nuke they purchased from someone else. OF course if Iran does something as insane as this, then with the push of a couple of buttons Iran turns into a glow int he dark parking lot for thousands of years.
No offense, but can I have some of whatever you're smoking as it must be some really good ganghi.
I've heard this BS forever and it is laughable, and there is no need to put boots on the ground to end this, but thank goodness the US is attempting to stop this by bending over backwards to a bunch of religious zealouts pumping out bushwah by barrel.
You apparently are a disinformation agent for Iran.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

I wouldnt put much weight behind Putins statement.
Also, the USA vs Iran in a full frontal air and boots attack would see the US win. No doubt. They'd lose a decent amount of men, heli's, jets and ships but they would win.

Now, your a fool if you believe Iran are going to go face first into a 1 on 1 fight with the USA when even they can see they'd lose.

Didnt the USA learn anything from Pearl Harbour?.. how many carriers, assualt ships, warships whatever ships are now sitting in that little pond that is the gulf.

Ultimately Iran will lose over time due to weight of numbers and force, but the USA will almost certainly suffer a significant damage.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I wouldnt put much weight behind Putins statement.
Also, the USA vs Iran in a full frontal air and boots attack would see the US win. No doubt. They'd lose a decent amount of men, heli's, jets and ships but they would win.

Now, your a fool if you believe Iran are going to go face first into a 1 on 1 fight with the USA when even they can see they'd lose.

Didnt the USA learn anything from Pearl Harbour?.. how many carriers, assualt ships, warships whatever ships are now sitting in that little pond that is the gulf.

Ultimately Iran will lose over time due to weight of numbers and force, but the USA will almost certainly suffer a significant damage.

Agit... respectfully, IF the US were forced into a military confrontation with Iran it would go much like Iraq initially with massive airpower and missles raining down all across Iran destroying anything and everything that moved and within hours massive numbers of Iranian troops would dessert and or surrender... just like Iraq....
I beliee much of the Iranian population do not buy the propoganda of the few realigious nuts in control and those who did, after the war with Iraq will give another war the old one finger salute and disappear into the night.
The mistake many make is two fold; one believing the younger Iranian people are stupid and buy the propoganda and two that the most 'really are ready to meet their maker'. I believe that again is religious propoganda spread by the few who are currently in control.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Not everyone has to point out everything that goes on in the ME on ATS!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I hear what your saying,
Accept Iraq had no ability to strike the source of the cruise missiles.
Iraq didnt have sophisticated anti-air.
The US and UK knew Iraq back to front, theyd invaded before and had been monitoring it for a decade. THey knew every single capability Iraq had.
Also, the US had one big thing on its side. Public backing.

Fast forward to today, Iran is MASSIVE and its main cities are isolated by rigid mountain ranges. Perfect hiding places for anti-air. Iran has agents all over the world ( i believe ) so you wouldnt just contain the attacks to the ME.
Iran has a massive coastal line facing the battlegroups sending in the massive air power and missile strikes. Anti Ship missiles will pose a significant problem.

Also, strikes wouldnt be limited to the battlegroup. Iraq would get violent. All those AlSadr militia's that went into hiding in 2007/8/9 will over run the US bases and Iraqi government.

Now, im not saying Iran will WIN, but they will inflict significant damage.

As for the Iranian youth your correct, a large % of them enjoy western values. They want TV, alcohol, fashion etc etc.
BUT you have a very real and very dedicated mass of people willing to die for the regime, thats critical when you have battle fatigued american youth who in all honesty dont want to be there, but at the same time dont want to go home and be unemployed while the US gvt screws them.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Has anybody thought that this is what the Iranian President wants? He is a "Twelver" after all. He actively courts the "end of the world as we know it."

But the US, NATO and the regional players aren't biting...yet.

What better way than to get others on your side than by blaming others.

Oh but wait, there are all those pesky press conferances that say otherwise, aren't there?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Air strikes.Just the nuke sites.No ground forces.They used a similar tactic during Desert Storm.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

You apparently are a disinformation agent for Iran.

You better start taking your pills again, sweetheart.

Where I get my information from? Well, definitely from more than one source, unlike you

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by cayote

Yup. We have several threads that have suggested the Enterprise is the best candidate for a False Flag. Follow the scenario. The Enterprise goes through the Strait of Hormuz. It is sunk by us, but blamed on the Iranians. Now we have the Enterprise on the seabed with eight live nuclear reactors, likely damaged, spewing radiation. The Strait is only 75 meters deep at the dogleg and not much deeper on either side. The Enterprise is 250 feet tall, so if sunk in the Strait it would stick out of the water. You think we wouldn't have to clean it up??? The Strait is closed, of course and no tankers can get through, thus throwing the entire world into a Depression that makes this so-called Great Recession look like child's play.

Seen as foreign nations buy dollars to pay for their oil I dont see why the US would want that. Also a pipeline has been completed recently, that is capable to send as much as one third of Saudi oil to a point past the straight.

www.thenational.ae...

If anything steps are being taken to be able to use the straight without blocking the flow of oil.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Not everyone has to point out everything that goes on in the ME on ATS!

If that means something important, please enlighten me. I don't understand what you are saying here.

top topics

join