It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake hit Norway this evening!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
That magnitude quakes are not uncommon around Scandinavia. Caused be post-glacial rebound I guess, as this was very near to surface. Earthquakes here can be felt far away, as rock here is very solid, not fractured like areas with stronger earthquakes. We had magnitude 3.? earthquake, near coast of Sweden in 2010. It was felt over 150 kilometers from epicenter, even though it was very weak. It was also first earthquake I have felt.

Could also have been caused by undersea slippage. That sort of thing is not uncommon in the North Sea (produced biggest Tsunami we know about that hit Britain).

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is a map of earthquakes in scandinavia, it's rare but not uncommon, and usually not very powerfull.

And to clear out the word March, it is spelled Marts in both Danish and Norwegian, i am Danish and speak Norwegian

Source Google translate:www.geus.dk...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I was in Denmark last week and had a dream about an earthquake while I was there. I know it's nothing scientific, but seeing this thread helped me connect the two, even though Denmark is south of where this occurred.
Btw, Denmark is awesome!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

You are wrong... This was just the strongest in that AREA of Norway and even if it was strongest in 23 years, that would not suggest anything unusual at all. And i guess you forgot the earthquake of 6.2 on richer s scale that we had just outside Svalbard a few years ago?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As others are pointing out, it happened where it is common. It's on the earthquake report maps now. 4.7 on a fault far enough off the coast that it should not have done more than rattle a plate. I see the common quakes there are not at a dangerous level, but common all the same.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I don't even wanna get into this. But.
That is just wrong.

Month of March: Mars.
To march : å marsjere.

marsjere
verb intr. marsjere ( v2) [mɑɾ'ʃeːɾə]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>