It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Miami raided by SWAT teams (VIDEO)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

to drink and drive or commit crimes and become felons.

i suppose it was implied then. so stupid for drinking and driving.. you obviously wouldnt know that both times was from me avoiding problems with idiots at house parties and bad registration. never a speeding ticket or even seatbelt otherwise. although i do have a disordely conduct for decking a bitch that asked me where my dead grandma was among other even worse things and a battery for beating up my moms ex-boyfriend for being disrespectfull to her in a bad way but a record just says you did wrong and thats it, but no, i protected the sanctity of my family in the only way i knew how at the time but even though i've matured far beyond that behavior, thats what i'll be on paper for life and honestly i've had enough of retarded bull heads like you. goodnight
edit on 16-3-2012 by robbyraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Swills

Maybe a tip that they had intent to use, or that said persons were in unlawful possession of said firearms. Either way I think we're missing part of the story here.

Why is it so difficult for you to believe that America is ruled by psychopaths who don't need an excuse, thehoneycomb? Why do you think the cops have to obey any semblance of due process any more? Why do they need probable cause, a warrant, or anything else?

What are the public going to do about it, if the police don't go by the book?

Because these people took an oath to uphold the constitution.

OWS took a no oath they just try to abuse and exploit the system.

Maybe if these people who are just risking their lives everyday, by doing their jobs and holding their oath decided to not uphold their oaths I would agree. But until that day, the people on the wrong side are the accusers who with little to no reason will make mindless accusations. Even though there was no brutality and no arrests made and no harm done. The people who have taken an oath to uphold the law have somehow become the enemy. And that is not right.
edit on 19-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Maybe if these people who are just risking their lives everyday, by doing their jobs and holding their oath decided to not uphold their oaths I would agree.

Yes, but the only problem with that argument is that if they did stop upholding their oaths, you'd refuse to believe it.

I grow weary of the endless pro-government apologetics that occurs on this forum. There are several conservatives here who are willing to go to literally any lengths to maintain their belief that the government can do no wrong.

The more we make excuses for the authorities, the more we allow them to bash, torture, and wrongfully arrest people.
edit on 19-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm not suggesting that wrongful arrests don't happen and that every authority figure in history has upheld their oath.

I am simply stating it did not happen here.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

I'm not suggesting that wrongful arrests don't happen and that every authority figure in history has upheld their oath.

I am simply stating it did not happen here.

Ok. I will admit that I can make emotive judgements at times.

Can you explain to me, what you believe happened here? I am not trolling or asking rhetorically, either. I'd honestly like to know.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Being that Florida is not an open carry state, I believe that the police received a valid tip from someone inside the complex that these protestors had planned to carry long rifles to an Occupy Demonstration. The rifles obviously were not in their possession, so there was little in the way of evidence so there were no arrests made, but obviously there was some questioning.

I also question the legality of them staying or squatting there, but if the owner was the owner and allowed it then I guess that was probably ok. I bet the neighbors didn't like it though. I couldn't imagine I would enjoy it too much either and if I had to guess they got a little bit loud and obnoxious one night and probably pissed off one of the tenants and were probably talking very loudly about stuff that tipped them off.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

Being that Florida is not an open carry state, I believe that the police received a valid tip from someone inside the complex that these protestors had planned to carry long rifles to an Occupy Demonstration. The rifles obviously were not in their possession, so there was little in the way of evidence so there were no arrests made, but obviously there was some questioning.

This seems like a fairly reasonable interpretation. I remember there being some speculation, about a possible power struggle within the group, and that the tip may have originated internally as a result of such.

Given that this is the case, I perhaps would still, to a certain extent question the severity of the police response. Police armament, and a desire on their part to preserve their own lives, are not by themselves things with which I take issue. It is these reports of people's heads being driven into footpaths and windows, and the police stamping on people etc (and even video footage at times which appears to reinforce these claims) that are my own primary source of concern.

As a result, I am inclined to believe that a more truly balanced perspective for me to take, is that while at times some elements of Occupy do pose legitimate security concerns, the police themselves apparently have fairly severe disciplinary problems as well. This wouldn't be the first time in history where there has been engagement with the police, where problems have later been found on both sides. I am inclined to believe that police superiors do usually seem to be interested in disproportionate use of force, where Occupy in particular are concerned.

The War on Terror also has not helped; I've seen evidence of a general attitude among police over the last ten years or so, where they have gradually begun to view themselves as entirely unquestionable, paternalistic authority figures.

I also question the legality of them staying or squatting there, but if the owner was the owner and allowed it then I guess that was probably ok. I bet the neighbors didn't like it though. I couldn't imagine I would enjoy it too much either and if I had to guess they got a little bit loud and obnoxious one night and probably pissed off one of the tenants and were probably talking very loudly about stuff that tipped them off.

This makes sense, as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Well I would just add that like the military the police are trained for combative situations, especially swat teams, it keeps them alive. When you are in the field any wrong move could be life or death.

Not that I find this group of individuals particularly threatening.

But they are seasoned and trained for any situation and it is necessary part of their training that they treat every situation with great caution.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by robbyraw

excuses excuses excuses

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

As stated, that is not probable cause enough. There is obviously more to this story then what is told.

Not in the land of "See Something/Say Something".
Turn in your parents, your neighbors, your friends, your teachers.
We at the Ministry of Love will take care of them now...

They don't need no stinking warrants anymore.
Nor do they need probable cause.
Didn't you get the memo?

Fascist pigs.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join