It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Miami raided by SWAT teams (VIDEO)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by seabag

But recent postings suggest a rift between those living at the apartment building and other Occupy Miami members, and the last Twitter update from a main Occupy Miami account says it has been "hijacked by a small, non-consensus group of radical members."

Another member posted on Twitter that the Facebook page, too, was "unilaterally taken over by a rogue element in the group following an attack by police in riot gear."

(from OP's link)

The trouble makers who always show up to OWS were there, which obviously attracted the attention of police and agents. Why would they not take these tips about guns seriously after this group has already destroyed property, pushed old ladies down stairs, rapes, robberies, assaulting police, etc. 

Guilt by association. When you attract the scum of the earth and associate with them you can expect some company from the law too.

Seabag, I appreciate your inclusion of additional information here, which we may not have otherwise known about, and which could explain the motivation behind whoever tipped off the police. However, I would ask you to cease trolling, as well as emphasising the lies that various city officials have used as pretext for operations against Occupy in the past.

How is adding information from the OP's source that was previously overlooked trolling?

Is this thread only open to OWS supporters who want to talk bad about the cops and pat each other on the back? I kept reading this thing was unjustified and I found evidence that it may have been. Did that ruin the storyline for you?? 

D.I.

Being that they found nothing...would lead me to believe that it was likely unjustified.

I mean unless the swat team is routinely used to investigate rumors.

Thanks for the information anyway.

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Okay, if I may add a different take to this:

Dozens of Occupy members moved into the building after its owner, an Occupier who changed his name to Sr. Paz (Mr. Peace), donated some of the vacant apartments to Occupiers rent-free. But recent postings suggest a rift between those living at the apartment building and other Occupy Miami members, and the last Twitter update from a main Occupy Miami account says it has been "hijacked by a small, non-consensus group of radical members."

Another member posted on Twitter that the Facebook page, too, was "unilaterally taken over by a rogue element in the group following an attack by police in riot gear.

and earlier in the article...

"They said that they had gotten a tip that we had 'long guns' and were going to use them at our protest," Occupy member Thomas Parisi told Miami New Times. "But we are a peaceful movement and told them that we had no intention of doing anything like that."

Now, we have two entirely different groups of people who would have a reason to drop a bunk tip to the cops. The people in the Apartments who weren't Occupy and could't stand what I'm guessing was quite a bit of activity around the clock. Occupy has never known a curfew I've ever seen. The other group would be the side of Occupy there that thinks they got sidelined by the more radical group that their own members are out twittering about (Hey guys..the cops read facebook and twitter. The cops have their OWN twitter feeds
)

The tip sounds specific that they had rifles and planned to use them at this specific event. I.E....they had them there, and ready to use in the here and now. Hmm.. Didn't have any though...... So I am guessing someone made a crank tip as a grudge thing...and things obviously got a response beyond what the idiot expected. At least I'd hope some tipster wouldn't have done that deliberately, knowing it wasn't true.

edit on 15-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The linked twitter feed doesn't exist and the facebook reference is about after the raid in which dozens of comments about various things including foreigners deserving the raid and other such nonsense.

ETA Going back a week on Occupy Miami's main twitter feed and facebook page...there's absolutely nothing about a rift, nothing about a radical element. Also nothing on occupymia.org.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Its only a matter of time till "Citizens raid SWAT team" And when citizens raid you bet its crazier.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Its only a matter of time till "Citizens raid SWAT team" And when citizens raid you bet its crazier.

The only thing that will lead to, is said citizens being shot.

"...Eventually, someone will do something stupid...and when that happens, all that's really necessary, is for V to keep his word."

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

this video must have been posted today and sent back 20 years!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm just curious. Is it going to take you getting a police bullet in your own head,

fact is nobody in the "flash mob" Occupy Miami got bullets in there head, Certainly not me as I am a law abiding citizen

stop resorting to 50 year old stereotypes, in order to justify governmental fascism?

Stereotyping hell, more like profiling. You think everybody that doesn't agree with you is living under a rock. I know that crowd in Overtown, I know the citizens in Overtown didn't approve those rejects in there hood.
Why does the argument always come down to republicans against democrats, Fascism over Marxism and Muslims against Christianity.
When America can meet on the issues instead of calling people names during it will be ready for the cool change you and I want.
Keep talking about running bullets into heads and you will loose your battle very fast

ummm yes, I said Flash Mob. Calling it the way I see it 50 yrs and counting

edit on 15-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tegz_1

Originally posted by rebellender
Miami is one of my stomping grounds in my youth. This is not a good hood in the least. And when I consider RT or RT overwriting a Youtube Video ...who knows maybe its more fake news.

what would be the point in a fake video like this, to make themselves look bad ... no if it was fake the cops would be glorified

there have been claims to fake news and it turns out this issue was "Faked"

nnneeexxxXXXXTTTT!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Swills

As stated, that is not probable cause enough. There is obviously more to this story then what is told.

Rifles as part of a Political Demonstration will bring Jonny Law right down on you. Get real.

Unless you are a tea party protester. Then an AR-15 carbine slung over the shoulder is just fine.
/boggle

]
edit on 3/15/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

what does your reply have to do with the Occupy Flash Mob in Overtown procured by FB scam....stay on topic maybe we will talk open carry gun laws state by state in another thread and Tea Parties which I haven't been to since I was 3yrs old,

edit on 15-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
wheather THIS story is true or not doesnt matter, there are many many just like it and worse.

here is just one story of a 7 year old girl killed by police in detroit

listen to this guy! (commentary about police brutality

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What a load of BS... if they raided them over that.... well we are in sad shape. Last time I check you have a right to peacefully assemble. If the local law allows them to open carry ( which in FL I don't think is the case ) GO for it.

The US Constitution is quite clear on this subject: " the right of the people ( regardless of political views ) to keep ( to own ) and bear ( to carry ) shall not be infringed"

We are a nation full of laws which strip us of our rights more and more everyday. We get upset when a new one is passed then we just give up and move on with our lives. As long as we keep up this pattern we will soon realize that we have no rights left.

Even though I disagree with what the OWS has been about, I still respect their right to protest about it.

Please lets re-elect Lord Obama!

I want my rights completely stripped away as do many other law abiding citizens.

That way when they come appropriate lawful actions may be taken.

All laws passed that are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.

When they strip away our rights to keep and bear arms we will be left with no other choice.

Simper Fi.

edit on 15-3-2012 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, as marshal law becomes common place, we the people continue to lay our hands down and put up no fight. We willingly let this happen. Welcome to our future folks, this future we allowed to happen. Where protests are illegal and corporate money laundering is A OK.

Carl would be disappointed and so am I.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Even though I disagree with what the OWS has been about, I still respect their right to protest about it.

Thank-you for saying that.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Swills

As stated, that is not probable cause enough. There is obviously more to this story then what is told.

more likely that the FBI informant talked about the guns to another FBI informant ..... and then used that to raid them in hopes of finding something!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

the only people who like whats really going on in this country are stuck in thier little bubble like a fetus so safe and warm, the rest of us are floating around getting a birds eye view of the horrors that are and are to come.people forget and slowly mechanize. sorry for you
edit on 15-3-2012 by robbyraw because: i only had two drinks so far??

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by robbyraw

I never said i liked it. If this is truely bothering people like they say it is,go somewhere else. Or heres a insane idea, If everyone is truely fed up with the government like they say they are go become an elected official and change the goddamn county then. Everyone always has the best idea to fix the mess, yet i've never ONCE heard someone on here say "I think i'll run for office and try to make a difference" No you wanna bitch and moan about everything and yet do nothing to remedy it. Your little protests will NOT work. ever. The only way it's gonna change is from the inside out. And yes i am pefectly fine and happy here in my little fetus bubble as you called it
edit on 16-3-2012 by alkesh because: sp

edit on 16-3-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

as many of my friends were.. (happy in thier bubble)... anyways, you know damn well not everyone can just up and run for offices.. i personally have a record that kept me from even joining the army (2 dui's.. a .08 and .11 ten years later, both by dumb luck) and my age prevents me from joining the marines by one year, so how would i up and run for an elected official on top of work and raising kids?? what a narrow minded statement. and my record doesn't make me look bad, the powers that be do because i was never a threat in that way, but have always been anti-gov. born and raised
edit on 16-3-2012 by robbyraw because: specifics

edit on 16-3-2012 by robbyraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by robbyraw

Not my fault idiots like to drink and drive or commit crimes and become felons. Just how is it narrowed minded for me to tell people to run for office to change the govnt. they don't like. Not eveyrone has record. There are PLENTY of people in this country who could run for office and make a great deal of change. They choose not too for various reasons. Laziness, don't really care, lack of funds,(which you would get if your ideas were any good).ect,ect. As i stated earlier people want to bitch and moan and say how "awake" they've become yet i see no action. Don't think for a second i don't see how f'ed up the world is from the safety of my fetus bubble. I simply fall under the category of not givin' a rats ass.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

not giving a rats ass means not meaning a f*ck to anything or anyone. and im not a felon. and you are an ignorant prick who see's black and white and is a part of the deterioration of the human soul. congradulations! you're killing humanity!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join