It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Miami raided by SWAT teams (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Swills

As stated, that is not probable cause enough. There is obviously more to this story then what is told.

Rifles as part of a Political Demonstration will bring Jonny Law right down on you. Get real.

Wasn't there an OWS protest just awhile ago where there were guys with AR-15's "protecting" the protesters? As far as I know they were left alone since they followed the letter of the law.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Sure was, a while ago, and I think it was in AZ, where you can go to the grocery store armed. I think these guys have also been accused of being Neo Nazi's.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

State of Florida laws on carry are no open carry.
With certain exceptions. Like going to or from a shooting range or fishing trip.
You can openly carry mace or a stun gun without darts or with darts that shoot no more than 15 feet.
www.leg.state.fl.us.../0790/Sections/0790.053.html

www.leg.state.fl.us.../0790/Sections/0790.25.html

here is a pdf with laws for florida
www.handgunlaw.us...
edit on 14-3-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I guarantee you carrying around rifles pistols and shotguns out in the streets of Miami will get you shot and killed by locals faster than with the cops.

I think the claim of weapons is hear say and the OP's RT videos didnt show militant Police. They showed a very poor gripe of a couple of hippies being detained and no actual arrests.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

More than two dozen cops swarmed Occupy Miami's Overtown safehouse yesterday afternoon after responding to what appears to have been a bogus terrorism tip.

If that is true, no warrant was needed (Patriot Act). And now everyone of them are not only on the 'No Fly List', they are all in a ' Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB) '.

Who gets included in the TSDB?

Per HSPD-6, only individuals who are known or reasonably suspected to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism are included in the TSDB.

But this made me laugh

A cop in a dress shirt and bullet-proof vest jumped out of an unmarked car, aimed his gun at them, and shouted, "Everyone on the ground," according to Occupy Miami members.

"I thought it was either a joke or he was robbing us," says an occupier who gave his name only as Cobra. "Then an ice-cream truck full of SWAT officers pulled up."

The ice-cream trucks are a lie. Ha! It is not even safe to get a fudgsicle anymore in the US.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Pretty cool, thanks for the info! I figured FL wouldn't allow open carry, most states don't, but who knew I could open carry mace or an unloaded stun gun? My state says its illegal for me to have mace or a stun gun, and I understand why I can't have a stun gun but not mace?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

With that said, if they were there for the guns then they would have obtained information on unlawful possession or use, or intel that they were planning to use them in demonstrations. But as stated in the article and by you, no one was arrested, nothing was found, the SWAT was acting on a tip which they would have needed a warrant, they didn't find anything and no one was arrested. The law is working effectively here. No harm, no foul.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I called this several months ago. +n one of my OWS threads I noted that when protestors and movements go underground the governmment will start to worry because in secret is where plans for revolution start to come together. I know a lot of people are against Occupy but we really need to support them. The majority of them aren't funded and are led by regular citizens. This is what camps exist for. This is the kind of thing corrupt governments fear.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by grey580

Pretty cool, thanks for the info! I figured FL wouldn't allow open carry, most states don't, but who knew I could open carry mace or an unloaded stun gun? My state says its illegal for me to have mace or a stun gun, and I understand why I can't have a stun gun but not mace?

You can carry a loaded stun gun.
openly.
My favorite is the plastic knuckle stun gun. very cool.
look up florida statue 790.25

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I guarantee you carrying around rifles pistols and shotguns out in the streets of Miami will get you shot and killed by locals faster than with the cops.

I think the claim of weapons is hear say and the OP's RT videos didnt show militant Police. They showed a very poor gripe of a couple of hippies being detained and no actual arrests.

1 video was RT's, the other is not. Its clear, even with the facts we have, that you are biased against the protesters, even degrading them. These hippies were raided by SWAT, weapons pointed at them and their children and the reason no arrests were made is because the cops had nothing on them. But somehow you side with the police and put down the protesters. If I could take back that star I gave you I would. That'll learn me to read the entire post first before starring.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

reply to post by Swills

As stated, that is not probable cause enough. There is obviously more to this story then what is told.

Rifles as part of a Political Demonstration will bring Jonny Law right down on you. Get real.

Wasn't there an OWS protest just awhile ago where there were guys with AR-15's "protecting" the protesters? As far as I know they were left alone since they followed the letter of the law.

Black Panthers?
ATS has its share of Threads of OWS protests mixed with Black Panthers, Muslims and others wanting in on the publicity of "its a rotten world after all"
edit on 14-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

They made no arrests.

I don't see what the problem is here, unless they entered without a warrant.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The problem is being raided by SWAT (who btw have a terrible raid record) based on a tip. What seems to make it lawful is that the word terrorism was associated, so with that law enforcement can trample your rights and raid your home, whether they are right or not. See emberscott's post just above for more details.

What is it that you don't get about this? Either way, if you think this is okay so be it, most us disagree (like a lot)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

reply to post by grey580

You can carry a loaded stun gun.
openly.
My favorite is the plastic knuckle stun gun. very cool.
look up florida statue 790.25

(h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

Pull your pieces out in Overtown an see how long you live. get a grip and a sense of geography. Trust me you wont even stop at a red light.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

What are you talking about? That poster is just providing us with the laws associated with guns in Florida. No one said anything about pulling out there piece in Overtown, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

No arrests?

"They were pointing guns at children!" says Ramy Mahmoud, one of three Occupy Miami members taken in for questioning and then released without charges.

Looks like there were three arrests made. No formal charges but arrests were made.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

man u got that right just wait until the open comes open and we find out that this was anti-cuban and cia or somehat other agencies

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Taken into custody and arrest can be two different things, right? How can they be arrested if they haven't been charged with a crime. Why they were even taken into custody is questionable since the police didn't find what they were looking for. But I guess a chance to question the protesters about what it is they are doing is too good to pass up.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

1 video was RT's, the other is not. Its clear, even with the facts we have, that you are biased against the protesters, even degrading them. These hippies were raided by SWAT, weapons pointed at them and their children and the reason no arrests were made is because the cops had nothing on them. But somehow you side with the police and put down the protesters. If I could take back that star I gave you I would. That'll learn me to read the entire post first before starring.

There you go Swills I gave you your star back. You dont know the whole story and neither do I. But I stand on Open Carry will get you killed in Miami faster than messing with the Cops. Thats Likely why the cops showed up. Especially if children were involved.
Your story says Long Rifles were reported, you have to go with the whole story dude, you cant thread on part of it and make up dope on the rest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join