It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please get rid of Java/flash chat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Dominating the tech market?

What?

Despite what those adverts may tell you, this is far from the truth, please do not be your stereo typical apple consumer please.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Ipad has actually been losing ground and it will fade away, just like myspace.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I use a mac book and it's pain since they have changed to the new version. I hardly ever go in now because I get an annoying flicker. It's a shame as I used to be in there quite a bit.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

I know man I just failed to understand the point to them, I can literaly not think why they are needed, I honesty have no idea.

Kinda lol'd when apple just brought out there ipad 3 lol. Thats like more than 1 a year haha, there brining them out faster than iphones.

Wonder if they are just gonna keep crankin out pads or try and create something else entirely to brainwash hipsters with. Dunno, will be funny to wait and see. They might revisit there ipods maybe insert something i dont need to it and sell it for twice the price.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
apple is quickly losing it's market share in the tablet market. article on such personally, i think this is because android is an opensource platform and more easily caters to the consumer rather than say apple telling people what they should like.

basically OP, instead of demanding website accommodate your computer choice, perhaps you should complain to apple about their products not being compatible with code that is used across a large part of the web.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The problem is Apple not making their device compatible with the existing technology.

And Iphones get terrible reception if you hold it wrong or tilt it slightly in the wrong direction.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Actually, it's an "iPad". Not an "IPad".

Secondly, I'd suggest you write Apple about their lack of Java/Flash support. Using an HTML script for chat can be very resource consuming on the servers part. My old Nokia E90 (from 2007) can run Flash and Java. No excuse for such an expensive gizmo (the iPad) to not support these web standards in 2012. I owned the first gen iPad when it first came out, I sold it after the "ooh" factor wore off and went back to my old WindowsCE palmtop computer.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I actually own an iPad2, LOVE it for traveling, I don't try to use it for things that it won't do though...

Flash and Java are two things Apple won't allow, if we could find another chat client that was secure, didn't cost $10,000.00+ we would have one, sorry Amongus, it just isn't out there. they are either WIDE OPEN which violates our privacy policy, or, they are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for us.

My only suggestion would be to buy a cheap netbook (

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Yummy was the first word that came to mind re: the App to come. I would like to extend my willingness to beta test if you need member feedback

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
MY best friend bought an ipad a few weeks ago and traded it last week 2 someone from craigs list straight up for a 17inch sony vaio the guy even put full meory in it,but my friend got the better deal.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
my ipad2 is limited in some things here like chat but great in others like i can hook my tv up with netflix to watch movies on etc

great for lying in bed at night and going on the net , each to their own i suppose

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Locololo made a thread on exactly this a little while ago, You can use chat on an iphone / pad / whatever if you install the Cloud Browse app from the app store

Link pre emptive problem solving
edit on 14-3-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
so you have to pay for the app, then pay a monthly subscription for it also just to use it! no way bro......

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have a Nook tablet that I love. $250, can navigate things the iPad can't, has removable storage, amazing screen etc... That being said, I cannot IMAGINE trying to chat on the thing. I just tried actually and I can't get on ATS chat either. Why don't you just go buy a cheap laptop? Like this one. Blows the iPad out of the water and is probably cheaper. The iPad is such a scam. No removable storage, no support for Flash, horrendously expensive for what it is. I had an iPhone that I really liked, then got an Android phone and don't think I'll ever go back to apple. They are an innovative company. They set some trends. I just find the products to be ridiculously expensive, and the no flash thing is ludicrous. You don't have a real computer too? I use the tablet for netflix/movies/reading when in bed, but again, could not imagine trying to actually type more that a few sentences in an email/ATS reply. I type fast on the phone, fast on the computer, but snail slow on that tablet.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

YES an APP is on the way, it will be months in the making, but, YES, it's coming and it will be STELLAR

Can we get a little strip tease here? Not asking for all the goods, maybe just a little leg...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
To that evil ipad user..this is your bet bet, btw, is it jailbreak ?, either way, you have plenty of time to read up and post your question. Simply make sure you post it in the right are or say "sorry if this is in the wrong are...etc etc...etc..."

ipad

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Commen sense....I think YOU need to join the rest of us. The site cant serve everyone equally with whatever you are using (outdated or unpopular)...unless of course, you dont mind ATS to start CHARGING us for the site.

And yeah...we know what youre gonna say...you have a right to....yadda yadda...but its accomodating to most users with whatever they have...and those with a limited product...well...you cant have everything.

Go to the library and use their computers...or upgrade to modern tech.

Thanks for playing!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Back to topic,..

Chat sucks!

Ring any bells from wayback?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

My only suggestion would be to buy a cheap netbook (

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link