It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please get rid of Java/flash chat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just a suggestion. I'd love to be in the ATS chat section, but because I'm on an IPad, I can't since it does not support java. Can this be resolved?

And I'll tackle the anti IPad crowd now...I know it's an IPad. I know it's the evil empire. I know some hate the IPad and will tell me to get a windows enabled device. But, I'd be willing to bet there are thousands on ATS that browse ATS on an IPad.

Thank you admin. Just a suggestion. Also, is there an app in the works yet?

edit on 14-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
it's not java, it's flash that's the issue...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0scree0
it's not java, it's flash that's the issue...

Sorry, your browser is not Java enabled, please visit our java support pages

I'm not an expert, but when it tells me the above I'd like to believe it. So, ok....please get rid of flash

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
so you want the site to change a section of itself purely for the sole reason you use an ipad.

amazing.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
so you want the site to change a section of itself purely for the sole reason you use an ipad.

amazing.

Because I am the ONLY one on ATS that uses an IPad? Give me a break. Join the 21st century.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yep, am an iPad user.

So there's now two of us to change it for!

Shoulder to shoulder, bro.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The entire site should change because of an Ipad? What if Ipads are not cool in 2 years, i mean how many fashion accessories really last longer than a few years?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Get rid of Java because its a security liability.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
The entire site should change because of an Ipad? What if Ipads are not cool in 2 years, i mean how many fashion accessories really last longer than a few years?

What if windows isn't cool in two years? Same deal. What is the current trend? Tablet devices. What is the biggest selling tablet? iPad. Do the math. It ain't hard.

Those that argue against apple iPad accessibility are uninformed of the trend of the past several years.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

A few years? Bro, catch up with reality. Not only iPads, but iPhones. It's not a "fad". I suppose you still listen to cassettes damning the compact disc industry for their impending doom?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm on a macbook and it's a nightmare for me to try to open chat. If I should occasionally succeed, it's ugly and doesn't work at all. I can't see things and nothing moves well. My solution: I don't go there.

I guess Apple users have to sit at the back of the bus.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
I'm on a macbook and it's a nightmare for me to try to open chat. If I should occasionally succeed, it's ugly and doesn't work at all. I can't see things and nothing moves well. My solution: I don't go there.

I guess Apple users have to sit at the back of the bus.

Agreed. It's frustrating.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Out of curiosity did you check if it supported Java before you bought it?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
maybe you should switch to android.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's just a matter of time flash will be replace
with html 5[link]
www.phonearena.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by theshot

indeed. that's been the plan for awhile now. that is why i find it hilarious that this thread even exists.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

What if windows isn't cool in two years?

Windows is not "cool" and never was. It has always been a functioning OS that fulfills the needs of more people than all the other OSes do.

What is the current trend?

Exactly it is a trend that is to say it is trendy, like a fad.

Those that argue against apple iPad accessibility are uninformed of the trend of the past several years.

How am i arguing against the Ipon's accessibility? You are the one complaining that crap does not work.
This whole tablet thing is just like the PDA in the 90's. They were cool and anyone who was anyone had one. And what happened? The phones got better and replaced them.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

What if windows isn't cool in two years?

Windows is not "cool" and never was. It has always been a functioning OS that fulfills the needs of more people than all the other OSes do.

What is the current trend?

Exactly it is a trend that is to say it is trendy, like a fad.

How am i arguing against the Ipon's accessibility? You are the one complaining that crap does not work.
This whole tablet thing is just like the PDA in the 90's. They were cool and anyone who was anyone had one. And what happened? The phones got better and replaced them.

But the PDA did not have an app store where BILLIONS of dollars have been made. Also, the PDA is nothing like the IPad, or a tablet decice. Let me guess...you do not own one? Phones will never replace the tablet. It's a very happy medium between a laptop, and a smartphone.

I have a iPhone btw....and have had several PDAs, and two cellphones.

It's clear that you do not own a tablet device, and can't see the Forest for the trees.

ETA...when was the last "fad" as you say, that DOMINATED the tech market for over five years? It isn't a fad...now the members only jacket your wearing? That's a fad.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I do not own a tablet and I would never want one especially an apple one. The Ipads are already starting to lose their ground with tablets.

ETA...when was the last "fad" as you say, that DOMINATED the tech market for over five years? It isn't a fad...now the members only jacket your wearing? That's a fad.

ipad came out in 2010...
edit on 14-3-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just to clarify, chat is java based not flash but in any case, iOS supports neither at the current time although it does appear Java may be in the works. Read the following wiki link for more info:
Java and iOS
Good luck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join