It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidently Hit Enter When Creating A Thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Have you ever been writing a thread title, without adding any content to the post yet, and hit enter? Next thing you know your thread has been posted without any content and you have to scramble just to get everything in order before the naysayers come in to point out that the thread is blank!

Or you have to ask the mods to delete so that you can get your thread together?

I did this....again....today!

Is there a way for the admin to change the script or something so that this does not happen, or is it a browser issue?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Have you ever been writing a thread title, without adding any content to the post yet, and hit enter? Next thing you know your thread has been posted without any content and you have to scramble just to get everything in order before the naysayers come in to point out that the thread is blank!

Is there a way for the admin to change the script or something so that this does not happen, or is it a browser issue?

Thanks!

I'd blame it on hot dog fingers...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Best way would be to just stop filling in the title. There, that's the problem solved.

What I always do is write my title at the top of my actual post and then write the content underneath. Once It's time to post I just copy and paste it to the title and then I'm good to go.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Rising Against because: Spelling fail..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yes...I have quite large hands! So in the end it is my fault. But I also like to use the keyboard more than the mouse. So hitting enter is almost involuntary.

reply to post by Rising Against

That makes sense. Good idea.
edit on 14-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Thanks!

Right on the money there, I have done that so many times and I never seem to learn from my mistakes here.
I think it is because of the fact that when you reply to posts or threads you are so conditioned to hit the enter key that it just happens.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Best way would be to just stop filling in the title. There, that's the problem solved.

What I always do is write my title at the top of my actual post and then write the content underneath. Once It's time to post I just copy and paste it to the title and then I'm good to go.

Excellent post, now if I could just remember to do that because I don't post many threads and I can almost guarantee you that I will do a major face palm the next time I hit Enter whilst creating a thread.

The second to last time I did the enter key thing I had a lot of text and it was gone with the links......

Once again great information you posted that may save a lot of keyboards from the garbage.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Great tip here, thanks a bunch!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Been there! LOL

I put in whoops and then quickly try to write the thread.

People think I am crazy but this has become a much bigger problem for me with Windows 7. I have random cursor movements and stuff dissappearing.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

RA That's the solution too. I figuered that out myself believe it or not ( all proud ) after pulling that off once. Never
been more in a panic in my whole life but I did manage to get thru it ok... A sentence at a time.

Funny ass thread.
edit on 15-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I was like

Oh crap....................messed up and hit enter..................please bare with me..............Oh crap double post.

new topics

top topics

join