It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Honey Discovered That Kills All Bacteria Scientists Throw At It

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Interesting.

I wonder if you can get here in the US?

You haven't read the thread. Please re-read to answer your question.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
No thank you turkish...im sweet enough

On a more serious note. I'll shall be trying this stuff out ASAP.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
uhh gee i wonder if codexILLimentary would approve - or just dismantle the factory.
fda approved or simply laughed at and it kaint be that simple or simple minded imbeciles that they are.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Join me and my Bee friend's against the eternal struggle against the wasps!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Honey as always been anitbacterial, antimicrobial, that's why in old cultures it was used on cuts and gashes.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
For anyone who has acne, spread manuka honey over your face like a mask. It will munch all the excess bacteria that encourages acne. Pretty good for the skin to be honest.

I've been doing that for several weeks now, and my skin has never looked better or been clearer!

This honey smells very medicinal, however, and I do NOT want to eat it. I tasted it, and, GROSS!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
For those interested in the science behind it:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 033131p://3America/ChicagoThu, 15 Mar 2012 15:10:44 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Confused about what Manuka Honey product you should purchase? Manuka Health New Zealand rates their products healthful benefits by the most up-to-date system available.Concerned about UMF level? Don't be!! UMF is no longer the most accurate way to rate Manuka Honey! MGO = Methylglyoxal What is that? It is the scientific compound responsible for giving Manuka Honey its health-giving antibacterial quality.What's another benefit? It is SO much easier to rate products. MGO 100+ = 100mg dietary Methyglyoxal per kilogram. Identifying the amount of dietary Methyglyoxal in every batch of Manuka Honey sets a New, Stringent, Higher Standard for quality Manuka Honey. UMF is not standardized and does not measure anything particular in the honey. Unless you see the MGO level there is no way to know what healthful properties are available, if any. It could even be classified as Table Honey!

Link...
edit on 15-3-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

It would not surprise me if this is true, but I see no link to any study even at the source. Good sources generally give you a link to the study or at least who conducted the study.

The linked partial article you used is actually a sales pitch to sell you the honey by using the actual article. I wonder how many here buy based on that and how effective this pseudo journalism is in selling products?

Way to much fraud in the health products industry to ever take these sites word for it, without having access to the studies. Generally its just a way to highly increase the cost of a common item by health claims that may or may not be true. Likely the same honey is available at a fraction of the price from a regular source. Those places always inflate the prices to the point of insane because they know people will buy it and not go to a regular source and pay far less.

I don't think there is actually much new about any honey in that article / sales pitch.

On the other hand if this is true, it will be standard fare in all Doctors Offices and Hospitals almost overnight and could save many lives by curing infections plaguing hospitals all over the world. If that's the case it will be mainstream by Monday and if not, it's just a pitch.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Honey as always been anitbacterial, antimicrobial, that's why in old cultures it was used on cuts and gashes.

That's my issue. This just seems like a marketing gimmick to charge way to much for one variety.

If this can kill any Bacteria it is a major breakthrough and like I said will be mainstream overnight. We will know very soon.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join