It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen's mother makes her wear a thief t-shirt outside, after she is arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
cnn.com...

This was on CNN, well maybe this is a good way to deal with it.
I guess she got arrested for shoplifting, so her mother is forcing her to wear a T-Shirt that says "Hide your Money, Hide your Clothes, because I am a thief"

It makes me laugh but It also make me think that it could work with younger kids.
I wonder what everyone here thinks of this?
edit on 14-3-2012 by KingAtlas because: embedding video didnt work

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Tell you exactly what I think....

Good for you Mom!!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think this is a perfect example on how to use public humiliation as a deterrent and a teaching tool. The Japanese use this to an extent of creating shame upon individuals in their communities to punish one that breaks the rules.

I think some cases like this is handled much better than any court room could.
I am ok with it, it needs to be used more. I would even like to see exiling individuals from their communities as a punishment make a return. Every punishment does not call for an individual to sit in a jail cell to be "rehabilitated."
edit on 14-3-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
she should market those shirts
2nd

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I saw this on CNN and my first thought was GOOD FOR THAT MOM!
My second thought?
How many people are going to say this is abuse. Too many.

edit on 14-3-2012 by chiefsmom because: wording

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
No This bad because it wasn't' far enough. What we should do is put her in stocks and throw rotten food at her like a Civilized society and for Drunk Drivers? Iron Maiden. Rapist? Guess what? Wicker man. Terrorist? Brazen Bull.
I mean let's look at the facts , TV is nothing but brainwashing by the Illuminati , right? So how should we entertain ourselves? Public Hangings for pick pockets! The kids will love it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well I would assume its less abusive than beating their kids for it.
I think it would also be alot more of a deterent, unless, there was like a bunch of kids with the T-Shirts, then they would make a club haha

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wow - Mom is wearing a shirt that says "sexy to the hard core" - WTH?

Anyway~

Public humiliation - if used, should be used wisely.

edit on 14-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I think the moms t-shirt is also part of the punishment haha

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is stupid...

I have no second line... cause this is too stupid.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well I would assume its less abusive than beating their kids for it.
I think it would also be alot more of a deterent, unless, there was like a bunch of kids with the T-Shirts, then they would make a club haha

Yes, after a few takers oblige to be humiliated publicly, I am sure the rest of the teenagers will soon get the point and think twice about their actions. Teen years, the most influential time of a persons life, lets use it to its fullest advantage to jerk a knot in these kids asses.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Good discipline technique - about time too. Kids need to learn that every action has a consequence and it's a great way to see how 'un cool' theft is because we all pay for it in the end and the kid who continues will carry it with them for the rest of their lives.

Who would knowingly employ a thief and once it's on the record, there's no taking it off - they need to learn early what the very serious consequences are. S&F

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Good discipline technique - about time too. Kids need to learn that every action has a consequence and it's a great way to see how 'un cool' theft is because we all pay for it in the end and the kid who continues will carry it with them for the rest of their lives.

Who would knowingly employ a thief and once it's on the record, there's no taking it off - they need to learn early what the very serious consequences are. S&F

Public humiliation works I guess... why not tattoo it on her face so she WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER IT

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by quedup

Public humiliation works I guess... why not tattoo it on her face so she WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER IT

Well...
If all else fails and the shoe fits....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes sir I'm sure that girl learned her lesson well and will behave in the future and never cause trouble again after that HORRIBLE punishment. You have got to be shi**** me, lol if that were me having to wear that shirt i would love it and think it was hilarious. What an idiot.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The huge practical flaw with this is that sloganned t-shirts, with a variety of strange, risque, gimmicky or rebellious messages, are extremely common.

How many people would read what's on the girl's t-shirt, and take it at face value? If I'd seen someone wearing a t-shirt like that, I'd assume that it was some pathetic attempt by the manufacturers to offer an ''edgy'' or subversive message for teenagers to wear.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Reminds me of my son's ex wife and the mother of my grand daughter who doesn't call her by her name, Alexis, she nick named her "stupid".................Alexis has ADHD.

No, this isn't the way to "cure" a kid that shop lifted.

It's leaning towards the Middle Eastern People and how they punish their kids.

Next you'll be saying, brand all adulterers with A's on their forehead.

God, when I see posts like yours it just makes me sick to see how mankind has degenerated vs ascended.

Not saying Shoplifting is right.

Consequence - tough love.

My first son got "into trouble"..............we let him suffer the legal consequences (He also has ADHD).

He paid for the errors of his ways, we also took out a second mortgage at $150,000 to have him committed past what the insurance would pay for, for psychological counseling and he is now a productive, honest and redeemed person.

You know, nobody thinks twice about the massive trillions we are pouring into our military and yet when it comes to family and social services people balk and wonder why our kids (with a 50% divorce rate) are so screwed up.

How about Winona Ryder, should she be wearing a tee like that.................she is a millionaire and stealing.

Did this girl have the money? What did she steal?

Not saying what she did was right, but no her parents have no right to shame her - this will only drive her deeper into misery and I guarantee you making her wear that tee shirt will not solve her problem.

You sound like my brother in law who use to beat me with a belt and make me stand in one spot for six hours until I fainted.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I notice the mum has SEXY on her t-shirt. How are people to know what to believe?

Anyway, at 13 she can still get a smacking and grounded. You brand your child an untrustworthy thief they might stay that way.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Hearing how they talk... Ah forget it. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

But I did like what the mother did. Hopefully this will push her kid in the right direction. However, I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

join