It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Azerbaijan arrests 22 suspected of working with Iran to attack US, Israeli embassies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

BAKU, Azerbaijan — Authorities in Azerbaijan have arrested 22 Azeri citizens suspected of spying for Iran and plotting to attack Western embassies and companies, the National Security Ministry said on Wednesday.

The ministry said the arrested people had links with Iran's Revolutionary Guards (Sepah) and their alleged targets included the U.S. and Israeli embassies as well as British oil major BP.

"Sepah wanted to set a special contingent in Azerbaijan under a cover of religious activity," the ministry said, adding that the suspects were equipped with rifles, grenades, detonators and "special equipment for spying."

Earlier this year, Azerbaijan arrested a few others for working with Iran. Whatever Azerbaijan is doing, they're pretty good at catching people working with Iran.

The arrests come two months after two men were arrested in Azerbaijan, Iran's northern neighbor, on suspicion of plotting to attack foreigners, including the Israeli ambassador and a rabbi, and after bomb plots in India, Thailand and Georgia that Israel blamed on Tehran.

Im wondering, why are they targeting BP? Im guessing they are trying to disrupt Western oil supplies?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I highly doubt that they wanna cut us off from oil
If that were the intentions Iran could just decide to stop sending oil, no need to attack BP and risk war..

Sounds to me like propaganda

*edit*
Unless these are individuals without ties to Iran or anyone for that matter
edit on 14-3-2012 by HellaKitty because: just to edit xD

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
BP's been there for years
And have been up to no good
Wouldn't surprise me if they were cross border drilling Irans oil ?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The arrests come two months after two men were arrested in Azerbaijan, Iran's northern neighbor, on suspicion of plotting to attack foreigners, including the Israeli ambassador and a rabbi, and after bomb plots in India, Thailand and Georgia that Israel blamed on Tehran.

So Israel blamed Tehran?

This article is like a propaganda leaflet for the internet.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ok im going to say it. Will this start the drums for war with Iran. Just saying because in just about every Iran thread where someone brings up more west propaganda against Iran, someone says its the start of world war 3.
Honestly I dont think so. I think this propaganda by both sides will go on for years.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Good post Buni.... Flag and star for you... keep us posted...

Iran is certainly not above any of this and I see the strings leading from Iran to one of their terrorist organizations and it appears they got caught with their turbans around their ankles this time...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

Iran is certainly not above any of this and I see the strings leading from Iran to one of their terrorist organizations and it appears they got caught with their turbans around their ankles this time...

Nor is our own CIA above any of this. I suspect that they entice and entrap "terrorists" much the same as the FBI do domestically.

We have no way of knowing what's true and what's a put-up job anymore... not that we ever did. But at least we know it goes on now....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

Nor is our own CIA above any of this. I suspect that they entice and entrap "terrorists" much the same as the FBI do domestically.

We have no way of knowing what's true and what's a put-up job anymore... not that we ever did. But at least we know it goes on now....

ExCT... I would not argue with your point for one moment... this world of 'spy vs spy' has gotten totallly out of hand and even with a program we can no longer tell the good guys from the bad...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
\\\\\\gee theres prograams now too?
And to think i have no credit card....perhaps i could look at yours?whens half time?
The Iranis arecertainly more than capable of it......The false flag possibility is equally possible....
That they never got to do anything is perhaps regrettable to the war hawks who lust for casualties no matter whose.....knows no bounds.
I hope they didnt torture the sh&T out of these poor patseys....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
\\\\\\gee theres prograams now too?
And to think i have no credit card....perhaps i could look at yours?whens half time?
The Iranis arecertainly more than capable of it......The false flag possibility is equally possible....
That they never got to do anything is perhaps regrettable to the war hawks who lust for casualties no matter whose.....knows no bounds.
I hope they didnt torture the sh&T out of these poor patseys....

Heavens sake stirling... I have no idea what you're talking about... sure you can share my program, I guess... as a fact this is all a game... which Iran is losing daily.

Lets analyze this a moment, Iran has been openly financing and back terrorist organizations which have been killing innocent human beings for years now... oops, I almost forgot in the name of religion... well, that certainly makes it all right... and lets see, the US has, has, NEVER attacked Iran, because if the US would have, then this bickering would be over.

You can chirp about whomever you think war hawks are, but the fact is the US has and is using great strength in the face of the ABSURD and insane MT threats made by Iran... and at this point, as Putin is on record now that Iran should not have nuclear weapons, then the economic and diplomatic pressure is tightening the noose around Iran and Iran is going to be forced to give without shots fired.
China will not become militarily involved, that is bushwah too...
Lots of noise but no fireworks...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Yes they will once they see there interests been attacked they will become militarily involved what makes you think they will just sit and watch as America takes over the whole world? if they haven't already.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Yes they will once they see there interests been attacked they will become militarily involved what makes you think they will just sit and watch as America takes over the whole world? if they haven't already.

Hi Agent... I feel that China is not stupid and the facts are: rhetorically the US owes China trillions and China will not destroy any chance of being repaid; and also, again China isn't stupid and can see that the other major super powers, Russia, England, France, etc. along with NATO supports the US that Iran 'will not' have nuclear weapons. It should also be painfully clear to Iran that the only ones who 'might' side with the Iranians would be weak second rate financial and military players who can't defend themselves against NATO and the super powers, let alone help defend the Iranians.

I have read and learned immensely about Iran, the Muslim religion, read the english version of the Koran several times, read with great interest many Muslim religious opinions regarding Islam destroying itself in an attempt to achieve the return of the great one... and I think the greater part of the Islamic world does not want to die, yet. I have also called on several Muslim friends, my doctor, my dentist and many others and they believe that the majority want to live free and worship freely, and although most won't stand up and rebel, the greater majority would support an over throw of the current system and a democracy.

Given this, I have said before, the tiny glitch of religious zealouts in Iran do not have the following of the greater majority of Iranians, and in this those in control are running scared of overthrow and are not stupid either and surely they must recognize, with some outside help, the small group of religious zealouts and a few thousand military men can be overthrown and destroyed by external financial pressures and internal rebellion and cannot stand against time and a changing of the guard by those who look forward to a free Iran.

new topics

top topics

join