It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA launching 5 rockets to light up US east coast sky tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

A quintuple rocket launch promises to put on a spectacular, but brief, overnight light show of luminescent vapor trails in the skies above the U.S. East Coast tonight, weather permitting. The sky display may puzzle and amaze some unsuspecting observers, so before you make that phone call to your local news or police, here is why this is happening and when you may see it.

SOURCE

This may have a few people calling saying there are UFOs in the sky....so we'll see.
edit on 14-3-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 14/3/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Wait for later or tomorrow on here....is going to be mayhem trying to convince the hordes of people making threads about alien spacehips coming to get us. lol

Hopefully as its in the Alien forum, they will have read it before posting their vids and pics lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Making some more predictions:

Predict some "Project Bluebeam" and "hologram" claims will appear in threads, as well........

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

According to the link, I'm in an area with a potential to see the effects. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the sky stays clear.

Thanks for posting!

Oh, and you're right....people that have no idea what's going on will most certainly think UFO.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Maybe a dumb question here, but is this the same chemical that the "chemtrails" are supposed to be?

Each rocket will eject a stream of the chemical trimethyl aluminum (TMA) which will be illuminated at high altitudes by the sun (which will be below the local horizon at ground level). Initially, the clouds are expected to glow in reddish hues, then quickly turn to white, They could persist in the sky for as long as 20 minutes before fading completely away.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Blasting the oncoming asteroid of the sky are we? I hope that goes well. Go get 'em Bruce!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

look above this post....its started already haha

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's suppose to be visible from where I live.
I will be ready with a video camera tonight and will post anything I can that's decent here.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by gavron

Wait for later or tomorrow on here....is going to be mayhem trying to convince the hordes of people making threads about alien spacehips coming to get us. lol

Hopefully as its in the Alien forum, they will have read it before posting their vids and pics lol

I thought the same thing! Should make for a really interesting day on all the different conspiracy sites though, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Not a dumb question:

Maybe a dumb question here, but is this the same chemical that the "chemtrails" are supposed to be?

And, the answer is 'NO'....primarily because there are no such things as "chemtrails" to begin with.

Secondarily, this is taking place in space....not in the atmosphere. In space, at somewhere around 60 to 65 miles up.

Thirdly, this is a very small quantity of 'TMA'.....and again, it will be in space. This will not have any effect on the lower atmosphere, and certainly not on the surface.

BTW, here's a linky to another article:

NASA has used TMA for decades as part of rocket studies from sites worldwide to study the near-space environment. TMA burns slowly and produces visible light that can be tracked visually and with special camera equipment.

The products of the reaction when TMA is exposed to air or water are aluminum oxide, carbon dioxide and water vapor. Aluminum oxides are used to combat heartburn and to purify drinking water. Also, all three products occur naturally in the atmosphere. The TMA poses no threat to the public during preparation on the ground or during the release in space.

Other Linky-DInky Source

edit on Wed 14 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint, but the launch has been delayed because of an internal radio frequency interference issue with one of the rockets.

Radio Glitch Delays 5-Rocket Launch to Edge of Space

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

My experience with events like this on the east coast is that about 30 minutes before you go outside to see something cool....heavy cloud cover moves in.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Thanks for the update. Wish I were on the east coast so I could photograph the event...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It's been delayed till Friday folks.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Glad to see funding being spent on providing a pretty light show. I guess we have cured cancer, fed the starving, gotten the homeless shelter, and ended world hunger.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Intermission

For your listening pleasure:

Countown, by Rush

edit on 3/14/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well that figures...

I am in the circle and it is a nice clear night....dang.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Its doing more than monster truck racing, or mud running, or in England they have lawn mower racing.

I know it sounds like a lot of fuel these rockets go through, but there is considerable waste for zero scientific value, just pure entertainment. It is different fuel, for all you know it could be liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen, and no petroleum products.If you want to feed all the poor people in the world you have to find a way to do it without their government interventions, or thugs. Other than that you post is way off topic, there is no causal relationship whatsoever.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Well that figures...

I am in the circle and it is a nice clear night....dang.

I'm with ya....majorly disappointed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

A quintuple rocket launch promises to put on a spectacular, but brief, overnight light show of luminescent vapor trails in the skies above the U.S. East Coast tonight, weather permitting. The sky display may puzzle and amaze some unsuspecting observers, so before you make that phone call to your local news or police, here is why this is happening and when you may see it.

This may have a few people calling saying there are UFOs in the sky....so we'll see.
edit on 14-3-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 14/3/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

I spent 1-1/2 hours waiting on a corner almost freezing my ass and nothing happened. I had a clear view of where the action should have taken place and all I saw was a fast moving light that lasted about one second and I have no idea what it was as it was a horizontal, short trajectory. What a disappointment!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join