It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all humans worldwide going insane?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

One of my children was like this. From 17 months old until 11 years old. Violent, verbally vicious and constantly in opposition to whatever I said.

I am a very patient person, caring and controlled yet at times I feared I could lose it with her. I spent years in quiet despair, fearing each day and dreading the next.

My daughter is now 13 years old and a different child, she can have outbursts of rage and frustration but all in all much easier to deal with. My child was never medicated, a few times I tried spanking but that escalated the problem. I honestly do not know how I survived all those years but it is possible. I read many child psychology books and meditated on letting go of the resentment that you can not help but build up. I concentrated hard on smiling at my child, it is easy to fall into a habit of looking angry all of the time. little by little over the years she has become an amazing extremely intelligent and loving person. It was hard work helping my child to develop empathy, then once she had the concept we got her a pet.

If you can reach these kids it is very much worth it. I am so glad I didn't give up on her, I dread to think how things could have gone because there were times, I truly wished morning would never come.

On topic
None of us are sane.
Sanity is a social concept as mentioned. People are just so sick of life, so disappointed, disillusioned and without hope. We want things which give us no comfort or satisfaction, we need to change what is important to ourselves, eventually this would translate to society.
We need to grow, learn, appreciate, love unconditionally because we are all the same, struggling to figure out what we are doing and where we are going.

It has taken me a while to write this, longer than it ought to have, If I have repeated anything then.....cool, I agree with you.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just to add to the craziness, tomorrow is the ides of march, so perhaps all this craziness is leading up to a massive event.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Absolutely - the global populace is constantly forced into unnatural living situations - cities, cars, money, tedious jobs, perpetual war, artificial foods, burdensome debt...

All designed to keep us on our knees, physically, mentally, emotionally.

There is nothing natural about the way we live anymore.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I worry that it's the 2012 meme causing people to feel like they have nothing to lose...

I worry about that too, and it really has created a "moral dilemna" for "how to proceed" and what the priorities are anymore? The more I learn and understand, the more "manic" I feel, and it has caused for me a "great" sence of urgency to "react", the question is WHAT is the best use of time and energy?

1. Participate in a "revolution" to shed light on the "absolute" corruption and inequity in the US government and try to "restore" Liberty?

2. Fight against Monsanto and support local farming rights?

3. Anti-war activist, try and educate people on just "who" benefits from this insanity "veiled" as human rights and bringing "democracy" to soverign nations, as we pillage these countries?

4.Geo-engineering and all the "huge" implications of why this is happening without the consent of the people?

5. Hunker down and plan for the "survival" of those I love around me, and do the best I can to help and prepare others?

Where the Hell do you start? I know that for myself, it becomes so overwelming my focus gets dilluted, and it becomes an exercise in futility, running in circles. Yup, can make you a little crazy, and sadly possibly ineffective as well. In the past 3 mns have participated in 3 different "charity" events, and it was very cool to work with others toward a possitve goal, but at the end of the day these efforts don't even begin to scratch the surface and address the "heart" of the issues that threaten life as we know it.

Someone very near and dear to me pointed out that my "emotional", knee jerk reactions to subjects I have limited knowledge on and have just become "aware" of in a short amount of time, at least in terms of research, facts and a desire to supplement my education and understanding of history, can be counter-productive. I have taken this advise to heart in the sence that this kinda comes down to a "put your air mask on first" senerio, before you can figure out what "role" your gonna play to "aid" in the course of mankind, you need to be "centered" and approach whatever "moves" you to action with a clear vision of intent, and a pure heart.

lol, yes it's crazy.......

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There is ten more months of hell left so just hold on to your pants. We are in change mode and bigger the changes the more craze things are going to get. Just let go of everything and let you self stay calm and clear away from all that is happening.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
social economic inequality my friend. More people out of work, no money, stressed, working long hours for pennies, being told (basically) that they need to constantly buy the newest best things which cost a fortune, yet no one can aford them. Its the fact we are being screwed over by the capitalism system we live in, that we are getting more stressed people, more angry people, people turning to drink and drugs to escape the reality that is their lives and thus it leads to violence. Its a crap state of affairs and there looks to me that its going to get worse. Wait till a loaf of bread cost 20 bucks and you are on welfare that pays 15, then the real riots will kick in

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

There's no increase in homicidal behavior, humans have always had those tendencies.

I have huge problems with the whole, "what's happening to the world today!" argument that I see people make all the time, as if the world has only just started to go crazy. If you study history with even a passing attention to detail you'll see that our species has ALWAYS been this messed up. I mean come on they used to have an Arena in Rome where they fed people to lions and had people beat each other to death for ENTERTAINMENT. I'm guessing they still have things like that somewhere in the world right?

So human beings have always been pretty messed up, in many parts of the world things are getting better and we are forgetting the barbaric norms of the past. Thus when something happens that reminds us of our lowly origins, like a shooting, suddenly everyone thinks the world has gone mad - we've forgotten that it was mad from the start.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just going through a little spate of highly publicized violence IMO. It happens. I think we have a tendency to forget the atrocities of the past and think that we are somehow better with age. I'm sure a thousand years ago there were a number of crazy outbursts and killings, and at that time someone said OMG is the human race finally going insane? 3 steps forward and what not.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roundtree
I think the human race as a collective is just at a breaking point. Sure, theres a chance that it could be from the recent solar flare activity, or planets aligning, some sort of natural phenoma, but in my opinion, humanity is at a very definitive turning point. People are tired. People are tired of too much taxes, too high gas prices, money influencing their governments, corrupt politicians, bankers, and business owners. Theyre tired of our freedoms being taken away, their rights, and their own personal liberties as well. Tired of being lied to by the media, tired of being subliminally influenced, tired of being scammed, always on the lookout for people trying to rip you off.

A rubber band can only stretch so much before it snaps and we've passed that snapping point a while ago.

The people worldwide are awaking (and reacting) to the fact that they are enslaved.

The turning point will inevitably lead to one thing and one thing only, that very thing we have lost:

FREEDOM !

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yuh, I'm telling you this world is crazy.

I am a happy go lucky person most of the time. But, I really get annoyed when it comes to ignorant people.

I go to work tonight and some guy flips out over little Debbie cakes and wants to report me to my supervisor, then the machine stalls on him, and that's my fault too. The guy puts up a fuss.

Register worked for everyone else but him. Must have not liked his attitude either.

Everything out of his mouth was rant rant rant.

I am like saying to myself, you can't be serious? Is this guy for real? And I was nice to him the whole time. Flabbergasted.

I swear do people just pull this crap on purpose?

I think the next time that happens and I get someone like that. I'm going to ask, "So what do you do and where do you work? So this way, I can stop by and do the same thing you're doing to me." GRR

Hate it when someone ruins my mood.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Going?

No. I'm neither a psychologist or psychiatrist. So technically I'm not qualified to say if people are insane or not, I suppose.

But.....

People have been known to do some really strange things.

Take these voters for instance. They conspire to take my taxes from me and pay lawmakers to make more laws.
The people voting have no idea how many laws there are, let alone what they all are. Nor do the candidates or lawmakers know how many laws there are, or what they all are word for word. It's not like these laws are required learning in schools or anything. How this is not insane is not for me to give a lot of thought to, because frankly I'd think it would drive me nuts trying to quantify the whole things simpler than that.

Going?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The human race has always had a special place in it's heart for violence and chaos. We just think it's getting more crazy because of the technology we have now to be able to hear and see it all.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If you study history with even a passing attention to detail you'll see that our species has ALWAYS been this messed up

I agree with your summation wholeheartedly. There is a band "Wilco" who sings a song called "You Never Know," of which the verses coincide nicely with what you've said! reply to post by Titen-Sxull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit on 14-3-2012 by elrem48 because: mistake

edit on 14-3-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roundtree

I do not think that humans as a collective are evil. Yes, there are evil humans, but there are certainly people who are not. I want you people to look up something, called Indigo Children/People. It's the coming global consciousness that I think is about to hit the citizens of earth of a much larger scale. We're people that are more in touch with our surroundings, nature, the earth. More gentle-hearted, and sympathetic towards others..

Oh Cheezus christ,

please. According to some "sites" i would also be an "indigo" person along with likely 80% of people here on this forum - doesn't change the fact this "indigo people" blahblah is nothing but new age blah blah made up by some book author.

We have people like that for a long time already, go back to the 60s or 70s if you dare and look what movement was going on there, and most importantly what the hippie movement (or whatever you want to call it) has actually ACHIEVED.

I know i am sounding sarcastic and people might hate me for being so blunt..i don't care...but A LOT of those people who *think* they are so incredibly "in touch" with everything and psychic/spiritual/enlighted etc. are NOTHING BUT a bunch of naive people believing in ridiculous things with a LESS THAN AVERAGE intelligence and common sense.

And..those people will NOT solve this planet's problems.

Most

edit on 14-3-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Ha

I figured it out, I think the next time I get a ruthless client in line, I'm going to say...

"Man, I so can't wait until the 22 of March. It just can't come fast enough.

Then they'll be like "Why?"

And I'm going to say,

"By this time today, the world would be ending and I won't have to take ruthless clients anymore. I will finally get my peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'd like to add that we as a species do have a purpose, which is evolve emotionally, intelectually and spiritually. That is NOT what's happening. We're supposed to evolve towards selflessness, but mankind as a whole, as far as I can see, is taking the oposite direction. IMHO that requires intervention from the planet's ruling authority and I honestly expect that to happen very soon. In school, when you reach a point where some students are holding back on the ones who are actually interested in learning something, often the best solution to the problem is to separate them in different classrooms. I think the same thing should be done to the school we call "Earth".

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Clearly, you're not in touch with the universal happenings.. just because you aren't, doesn't mean that others aren't as well. One would have to actually experience a connection with the universal entities to actually understand it, so I don't blame you for not understanding.

But, do not go around flaming others, pegging them as hippies or radicals just because you don't understand something they are a part of.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Going back to the stewardess flipping out on the plane, then the multiple school shootings and courthouse shootings and stabbings and other public outbursts of violence.... Is mass insanity starting to break out worldwide?

I understand humans are violent, but lately it seems to be escalating even for humans.

Are conditions known and unknown causing a increase in human homicidal behavior, and If yes will it spread and become worst?

If this is indeed occurring is it caused by the government or is it natural causes.

Or is the world normal, and we are a savage childlike species and event unfolding are normal?

Beware Of False Or Fake News Stories!
There Is Fakery Everywhere!
Fear Nothing But Fear!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here is another sudden outburst from a woman at FAU

Here is the ATS thread FAU Student loses her mind in class

And here is the video

Please post to the original thread about specifics of the video.

Do we humans have a larger problem to deal with? Is mass insanity on the way and will these things get worst?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

I really believe our human race has always been this way...quite savage at times. I also think many of us are very stressed out from lack of work, the demands of everyday life in this decade, and too many drugs used as stress- relievers for whatever ails us. We are bombarded with information of which alot is exaggerated or false about future events. It's almost impossible to live simplistically for anyone! Technology has seeped into every aspect of our lives, and it is not all for "the better" in my observations of others and experiences with myself. We also find it hard to trust the very people we're taught to trust!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join