It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines told to disarm before Panetta speech

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by michaelbrux

What wars are 'WE' in? Afghanistan is a NATO mission...we're are there only to provide the testosterone,as the rest of the world has a shortage.

Wow, I think the problem is that you have an excess of testosterone. And as far as I know more than 20 of my countrymen died while helping cleaning the mess that America made for itself, no matter if you believe 911 was an inside job or not.

Don´t act like something happened to the world and that you came to help, it happened to you and other countries came to help you.

Jeez the bassackwardness.

i was actually thinking that something attacked the world and everyone had to do something to save themselves and even after 11 years that something has managed to survive: that something being envy, greed, distrust and fear.

when soldiers don't trust their commanders and commanders don't trust their soldiers...it seems like its time for a breather...nothing productive could possibly emerge...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

Taking things a bit personally huh? No body is calling you soldiers inhuman, I actually used the term inside inverted commas because I simply touched on the meaning of the word. But in general soldiers have a pride that would prevent them from admitting that they'd have to kill a part of them (which most of us consider very human) in order to continue combat and war.

Madam, I have pride for sure in my profession but I am not too proud to admit that I have had some temporary problems dealing with certain events. I was depressed for a week or so, and angry at the situation.

I won't go into the specifics here but I ordered the attack on a village that resulted in some collateral damage because of a short round of artillery. I gave the order, it was my plan, and several people died - women and kids too. It was an accident plain and simple - faulty charge in the arty round.

Sometimes think about it but only in the sense of what could I have done to prevent it which was nothing.

Originally posted by nusnus

The same way Golf66 brushed aside an event like killing a kid to protect your tactical advantage. He didn't even bother to consider that SOME soldiers may actually have a more human element than those who have been trained hard to kill for their comrades.

I kill to protect my Soldiers (as a leader that is my responsibility - to bring them back alive) and accomplish the mission and I do them in that order. The prosecution of war is an art not a science and but it is simply the execution of missions to achieve tactical and sometimes depending on your level in the organization (Special Forces Teams are usually) strategic missions. However on the ground in the heat of it every decision is a tactical one. Some guys and gals do have a problem with combat decisions - they make poor leaders and Soldiers. Too much empathy for the enemy makes you ineffective at best.

Had I seen a child in the road in front of a convoy and we were in contact I'd have layed on the horn, trued to swerve as much as possible (more likely those would have been my orders as I didn't drive that much.).

Should we happen to have hit her I world have continued out of the kill zone and then established a secure position and called for the qrf so we could extract her for treatment.

However, you have to understand I was in Special Forces our mission is to win the hearts and minds of the populace (a strategic goal/asset).

Now - I don't know the circumstances’ in the ground there - the area could have been too hot for any other choice. I trust the leader there did what he thought was right - I doubt very much he laughed manically as he gave the order as if he'd been waiting all his life to kill a young child with a vehicle. That is just not the case.

Had the girl died - I would have been sad of course for a while but knowing I did my best I'd lock the memory behind a door in one of my compartments and never think about it again.
Dwelling on crap like that will get you and in my case my Soldiers and operators killed - I owe it to their families to bring them back. That requires focus

Mistakes are made – some of them lethal. War is a very unforgiving business in that regard. As long as the mistakes are made with good intentions and not criminal intent one must simply drive on.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Did you guys see the speech he gave while there? So much propaganda... so many words... yet so little substance.

His speech.

BLAH BLAH BLAH THE MISSION THE MISSION THE MISSION

Which is WHAT again!?
edit on 3/15/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
bad call...

those marines will just go back and tell all their buddies about what they were forced to do (irregular activity) and the news will (might) spread from base to base, only CONFIRMING their suspicions.

I have friends in the military, these guys are being trained for civil defense (AGAINST us and our 'riots') but almost all of those in the military WILL side with the people (their families, friends, neighbors and 'co-soldiers' if you will). But paid mercenaries who have sworn NOTHING to this country will have absolutely no problem. I guess at that point it is just a numbers game. Do third party mercenaries really want to go against all of American armed civilians and military?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

if your 'riots' are anything like occupy. it won't take much training.

noone in the world takes you seriously anymore...you do realize this, right?

let me guess...we will, huh?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

if your 'riots' are anything like occupy. it won't take much training.

noone in the world takes you seriously anymore...you do realize this, right?

let me guess...we will, huh?

Occupy was nothing.

If you don't know what human survivalist behavior American's will be lowered to when the big bubble pops, I suggest you read more topics in ATS before coming to such ignorant conclusions.

You don't have to look too far to see examples either...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

you have no idea what will be standing in your path.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

you have no idea what will be standing in your path.

Boy are your posts full of substance!

edit on 16-3-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join