It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Messages in ABBA "Gold"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think I hear where you are coming from. The artists apparently has an obsession with a mysterious stranger, like the devil on your shoulder kinda thing. Or suffers from schizophrenia.

Alot of artists depict satan as a woman, or dark man, snake, serpent, angel, 666, or more. A deceiver. For example, lil waynes song angel. Watch the music video on that one.

I think this is where you may be coming from. Other than that, just seems to be a disappointment of a music star whos lyrics I could surpass in quality.

Which has given me the inspiration needed to become a music writer.

ATS, you're as bright as a star,
Always in front of me, a click not too far
When I get curious, and need to learn whats new
I turn you on, so I can get a clue
Oh ATS, your the one
Who supplies me with knowledge, so when it done
I can laugh at everyone, and tell them
I told you so, cause ATS said it, I refused to deny ignorance
I rose above it.
ATS, you're as bright as a star.
Now I have to leave, I'm getting in the car.
edit on 14-3-2012 by sting130u because: grammar confliction

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Mark 16:17

These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

Originally posted by 1nOne

Originally posted by Morpheas
I love ABBA..
Great Band.. not dark at all!

You have been named for all to see:

Morpheus ( /ˈmɔrfiəs/ or /ˈmɔrfjuːs/; Greek: Μορφεύς, Morpheus, or Μορφέας, Morpheas, "shaper [of dreams]") in Greek mythology is the god of dreams,[1] leader of the Oneiroi.[2] Morpheus has the ability to take any human form and appear in dreams. His true semblance is that of a winged daemon, imagery shared with many of his siblings.

Your chosen form, "PHI", the "golden ration", numerology, Freemasonry.

Too funy.. I'm not a Daemon or Mason. I do like patterns in numbers though.. LOL..

It (this evil spirit) means, "Six hundred and sixty-six".

Ephesians 6

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, 15and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; 16in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Conspiracy -

1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the
government.
4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

Delusional

1. having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:
2. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness: He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him.

Psychosis

1. a mental disorder characterized by symptoms, such as delusions or hallucinations, that indicate impaired contact with reality.

It's not been the vacuous op that calls me to question the rationale of the author but the responses to the posts. They evidence an over active mind that sees patterns and tenuous connections that aren't really there. Moreover, there is no actual response by the op to the posts - simply more non-existent connections being made on the basis of nom de plumes

So op - please - what is your point? Just imagine I know nothing about 'dark forces' and explain it for me.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

The burden is not mine to bring the Light to you.
That is for you to discover, yourself.

I can only help by leading you in the Right direction.
In this thread, it has already been recommended that you learn about the Logos, the Living Word of God.
Google it. I suggest also Wiki Heraclitus, Plotinus, Philo, for an alternative explanation.
Read the New Testament, the Book of John.

If I am truly delusional as you charge, then so, too, are the great philosophers and theologians of our time.

Luke 6:42

How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Abba was pretty bad... Im sure I can name you a thousand other songs from hundreds of different bands with really Satanic lyrics.

Unless Abba was trying to give us hidden messages ,kinda like that Rebecca Black song "Friday" supposedly
, Im sure it was just plain songwriting with no intention...

edit on 14-3-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Oh man,.. everything is a conspiracy now!!
Hidden messages in ABBA songs

Some people really do spend too much time on the internet....
Then again, blaming the internet for whatever delusional mind thought up this theory seems a little unfair!

Sorry Google

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Abba was pretty bad... Im sure I can name you a thousand other songs from hundreds of different bands with really Satanic lyrics.

Unless Abba was trying to give us hidden messages ,kinda like that Rebecca Black song "Friday" supposedly
, Im sure it was just plain songwriting with no intention...

edit on 14-3-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

Those who sang of the Father (ABBA) were indeed instruments of the Word.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

This isn’t my thread – it’s yours. Please explain how bubble gum pop songs are expressions of dark forces. (After all the main subject matter of this type of music tends to be restricted to love, lack of love, madness and god.) In any event young peoples’ music is supposed to be anti-establishment. It is a form of rebellion against tptb and, as the establishment mostly sucks, it is a young person’s duty to decry it.

You’re not helping by leading me in any direction. What have the great philosophers and theologians of the ancient past – not ‘of our time’ - got to do with Abba? They never heard Abba (lucky chaps)

Anyway, I’m interested to know what Heraclitus, Plotinus, Philo et al do for you. What illumination, as you see it, do they direct on the human condition that is relevant to our lives as we live them today? What would they say about Abba? (Once they got over the shock of the human voice being carried wirelessly to a box in their front room)

And I know my bible – I don’t rate it as far as spiritual teachings go – but I know it. I’m also very familiar with the book of john – a Gnostic text......same as revelation....but so what?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

That's just stupidity - it's already been explained to you that it's the initials of their names. Anna, Bjorn, Benny and Agnetha. Now you're just being obtuse.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Yes, you have stumbled across the darkest secret in musical history, this was never supposed to be leaked.
I wish you had not posted this, it is being worked on as we speak, many know of this by another name, a name which cannot be spoken.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
dang, that takes me back. thanks for posting the lyrics. still remember the lp with the helicopter front.
not sure if abba is dark, but that one song with the lyrics.."i'm carrie, not the kind of girl you'd marry, that's me..."
was kind of freaky. c'mon, any group that gave us fernando is ok in my book. musical expressions take on all kinds of poetical license. we can see and hear what we want to hear. i always found it interesting that such performers as abba and ace of base could barely speak english, but they sing it beautifully. someday, someone will realize that mathematics is not the language of mankind, its music.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Why do you come after me, when it is yourself that you must find?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

lol...this is your vacuous thread. I'm not 'coming after you' I'm trying to get to the bottom of what your point is (unsuccessfully so far). It would seem you're trying to explain universal consciousness and its relationship to a grand plan. Synchronicity and all that. I'm a bit of a sucker for synchronicity- it amuses me. I took coincidence out of my vocabulary 20 years ago - and it made life much more interesting. (but that's all)

One should not go around trying to find ones self - that leads to an introverted and boring mind. One should have extroverted thoughts and actions that consider our relationships with others.

Why are you evasive?
edit on 14-3-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Find yourself:
What is the meaning of your own name, Christina?

You have implied that I am deluded.
I tell you it is the world that is in delusion.

You claim that I am being evasive.
Yet I am the message-bearer.

All that needed to be said has been said.
Follow the Word.

Godspeed

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think the OP has shown us all an example of Poe's Law in action. C'mon. We've got someone drudging up ABBA songs (of all things), making cryptic statements, and pulling out scripture spam and accusations of evil on anyone who questions or disagrees with him/her.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

lol....good grief...you're being evasive because you will not answer direct questions. My name....well it's my middle name....it means christian (which I'm not) Even more of a 'co-incidence' is my first name name which is Carol. My parents showed a distinct lack of imagination when naming me after the time of my birth - christmas time. (in the year 1966 - now that little combination (with your mindset) should slightly freak you....but I blame my parents' misguided romantic notions when naming their first child).

There's no meaning there. The winter solstice celebrations were jacked by the christians - that's how they made their message (good news) acceptable to the various cultures the Romans imposed it on.

Are you a Roman messenger? Cos your 'word' is in actual fact the 'word' of an empire that could no longer sustain itself by military might alone (overt control) and opted for the covert methods of religion and the threat of the big bad fire to maintain its power base.

Now pray tell - what have ancient philosophers got to do with Abba?

You are not my messenger - and in any event you don't appear to have a message to give.

Speak clearly and concisely, after all, that's what Jesus did

edit on 14-3-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
you want dark? try the monkees, now theres a bunch of satan lovin' baby eaters

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join