It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the U.S. Military Experiencing Blowback in The Middle East?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Some very important events occurred today that give us some insight into what regard the military and US officials are held.

First, there was an attempted bombing on a runway that just received Sec. Def. Panetta.

Second, 200 marines were forced to disarm during a speech by Panetta.

And lastly, Kyrgyzstan has revealed that they will no longer accept US money in return for use of Manas Airfield. The US must be out by the end of 2014! This being said during a meeting with Panetta!

Now this may not seem very important until you hear the Manas is the central hub of supply and reinforcement deployment into Afghanistan. And we are being told to get out!

Now this poses a serious problem! Where do we move such a strategic operation to continue the "war on terror" and begin the invasion of Iran? IMO, we will soon see our troops coming home sooner than we think, or we will see some sort of unconventional deal with a Middle East nation to keep forces in the fight.

Either way, I think we should be getting the hints that are all too obvious to many.

The people in the region want us to leave......and the troops want to come home!

Defensenews
Military.com

edit on 14-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Related threads:

AnonymousCitizen-Panetta car bomb

Killerqueen-Marines Disarm

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Now this turned out to be a bit more than I thought by the headline. I figured this would open to another thread generally bashing the U.S.

Those are some sobering headlines.... I don't know about the Marines being disarmed being special? Aren't troops these days always unarmed when in direct proximity to White House/Cabinet level visitors?

Aside from that though...I couldn't agree more about the Airbase and other developments seeming small in context of the region, but being quite a sea change for attitude toward us. That is one more MAJOR link for logisitics, supply and direct support from the North that is a write off now.

So..... Lookining at a map....who is still friendly (not just civil to our face) in that area now? I'm looking..and looking...and well..I don't see any for quite a distance outside that region entirely!

Time to leave...and not subtle, but make it look like the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade headed out and home with all due speed.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Those are some sobering headlines.... I don't know about the Marines being disarmed being special? Aren't troops these days always unarmed when in direct proximity to White House/Cabinet level visitors?

Thing is, Mr. Panetta landed in a war zone. Troops are never supposed to carry around loaded weapons on base, but always have their weapon and a spare magazine with them just in case. Does'nt matter if theres a high ranking official there or not. Only loaded weapons are permited if you're in sector but never in garrison unless you're practicing shooting at the range.

It tells me that someone was scared of the good secratary getting capped.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So..... Lookining at a map....who is still friendly (not just civil to our face) in that area now? I'm looking..and looking...and well..I don't see any for quite a distance outside that region entirely!

That's a big question. The only one I know of is Pakistan.....but they closed their borders to us a while ago.

Options are slim to none. Let's come home!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What about the Gulf Arab States? What's their status? are they telling us to leave too?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You may be right, but I am thinking that, logistically speaking, supplies and reinforcements could be brought in elsewhere. I am not sure of the strategic significance of the area itself, as that might play a big part, but being the same military that has fought in 2 world wars, Vietnam, Korea, and the P. Gulf, I am betting they will make do somehow, IF they really want to.

But as I said, strategic locations and politics will dictate much of what can and can't be done, as I'm sure we all know. I am currently accepting new recruits for my militia. I hope to fill 300,000 vacancies by the end of March.

Sorry though, I have dibs on supreme commander...I will need 3 people to command 1 of each of the 3 corps, and then divisions, etc...Commissioned officer candidate school consists of 4 yes or no questions, lol...And we all have to wear pink uniforms. I have seriously contemplated starting a local militia, since it is perfectly legal to do so. I doubt many would join though...Even IF I eliminated the girly uniforms, lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

The only ally I can think of would be Saudi Arabia. I don't know if they would allow us to move operations there, especially considering the new developments with 9/11 and SA.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well...this is 2012. Election year. I am not sure how many times we have heard this in the past. Troop pullout and withdrawal that is.

I will believe when it actually happens.
edit on 14-3-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by starwarsisreal

The only ally I can think of would be Saudi Arabia. I don't know if they would allow us to move operations there, especially considering the new developments with 9/11 and SA.

In thinking about that....I think Saudi Arabia paid very close attention to what happened in Egypt with Mubarak. I don't think they trust us from a position of their own weakness any further than they can throw us these days. I hate to say that..but..well? Inviting us back in for basing and a very sticky situation for ever getting us out again is something I don't think they'll ever do again.
We just burn our welcome everywhere we go here lately.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Is the U.S. Military Experiencing Blowback in The Middle East?,

Yes.

Since the moment they decided to occupy nations, on behalf on Corporations, they declared war on those people.

Not just terrorism, but the average citizen of those nations.

You reap what you sow.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So what do you think is most plausible at this point?

Does the military find a way to keep the base going, instead of aiding the transition into a civilian airfield?

Do they find a new base to continue on?

or

Do they come home?

I hope they come home, but it would be insane not to have doubts!

new topics

top topics

join