It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moroccan girl commits suicide after being forced to marry her rapist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

he
The main part I find disturbing is the women in these backwards countries go along with this stuff. Like eat rat poison instead of feed this jerk rat poison. What are they going to do kill her? This happens again and again. I have read where they will set themselves on fire when they should be having a burning bed celebration. What are they going to do that these women aren't doing to themselves. I personally believe the main reason things are different in the western world is the women won't put up with this crap. There are always a few but not enough for these atrocities become custom. Religion can't be blamed entirely for their self destruction. As it has been already mentioned the basic teaching that is being used for their treatment of women is the same in Abrahamic teachings. Until there is a rebellion among the women all the crying and complaining about how terrible. Is really a mute point.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Being born a female in their culture and religion means you are always the victim. You get raped and you are sentenced to death by stoning and the rapist goes free. When the husband gets tired and bored with you and reports you of infidelity you get stoned as well. That brave girl didn't want to play their games anymore so she opted for "game over". Can you imagine the life of a slave and a sex slave all rolled into one. Its good to learn about other cultures for then only can one appreciate the life they are living in their own country. You'd be surprised how good life has been for you and you will stop complaining.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Being born a female in their culture and religion means you are always the victim. You get raped and you are sentenced to death by stoning and the rapist goes free. When the husband gets tired and bored with you and reports you of infidelity you get stoned as well. That brave girl didn't want to play their games anymore so she opted for "game over". Can you imagine the life of a slave and a sex slave all rolled into one. Its good to learn about other cultures for then only can one appreciate the life they are living in their own country. You'd be surprised how good life has been for you and you will stop complaining.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

The men, they should protect the woman. Surely they do a pretty bad job, in my eyes, the men should change, they have the power as well.

To me many laws are made by men for men (even in the name of god)
:flame

edit on 15-3-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join