It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Profiling and A Heartbreaking Tragedy.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If ''law-abiding'' citizens weren't entitled to own firearms, then this lad wouldn't have been killed.

I highly doubt that the perpetrator would have gone toe to toe with him if he didn't legally have the option of using the coward's weapon of choice: the gun.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Yes because clubbing the kid to death would've been much more civilized. A killer decides to kill, the weapon doesn't.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

The first time I read the story it seemed obvious to me that Zimmerman had an irrational hostility towards this law abiding young man simply because he was black. The facts surrounding the story made it very clear that the man was a racist.

For anyone who doubts that Zimmerman's actions were racially motivated and a hate crime. Please listen to George Zimmerman's comment between 2:21 and 2:23.

He clearly says "F***ing Coons".

www.wftv.com...

That was the mindset he had when he stalked the boy, called 911, and then chased and murdered him. He should get the death penalty.

edit on 17-3-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

To play devil's advocate:

What happens when a white person walks through an all black area? There's a good chance they may get killed if any black person thinks they can get away with it. I'm sure being as a white person shot a black person this news will be viral in a few days and white people will again be judged collectively by the actions of one. KILL WHITEY!

You are playing devil's advocate very poorly. I was not aware of any black neighborhoods that kill or harass white people exclusively. If you are going to make a statement like that, you need to back it up with some proof.

I will say that there are high crime neighborhoods all across the country that will kill or attack ANY person who does not belong to that neighborhood.

For example, there are predominantly black neighborhoods in Queens and Brooklyn where black people who are not known in the area will get attacked or killed simply because they are an outsider. If an asian, white, or hispanic person is known in the community, they will be safer than a black person from another area.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A white hispanic guy named George Zimmerman? Private police in a gated community? Only one group in this country have their own private police force in their private communities and they are neither hispanic nor white.

There is more of a cover up than what is being told here.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair
A white hispanic guy named George Zimmerman? Private police in a gated community? Only one group in this country have their own private police force in their private communities and they are neither hispanic nor white.

He was a neighborhood watch Captain. He was not a part of any police force and was not even a paid security guard.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe

What happens when a white person walks through an all black area? There's a good chance they may get killed if any black person thinks they can get away with it. I'm sure being as a white person shot a black person this news will be viral in a few days and white people will again be judged collectively by the actions of one. KILL WHITEY!

You are playing devil's advocate very poorly. I was not aware of any black neighborhoods that kill or harass white people exclusively. If you are going to make a statement like that, you need to back it up with some proof.

You may find the answer here: www.whitecivilrights.com...

Racial profiling; yes. How did that come about?
And you might ask why is it that a black person in a white neighborhood would be regarded as "suspicious".
Why exactly would any white person suspect that a black person in the white neighborhood might be up to no good?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe

Originally posted by Ameliaair

He was a neighborhood watch Captain. He was not a part of any police force and was not even a paid security guard.

I didnt say he was in any police force. I said Private Police. Different.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This guy was just looking for some way to be the neighborhood hero. To gain attention by nabbing a bad guy. Hopefully people will raise hell and get the cops off their butts or the FBI will take over the case. It is outrageous that after hearing the 911 tapes and what the dispatcher told him, that he pursued this kid, shot him and then gets off on self defense.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's rather telling of the members on ATS that this thread has minimal responses or flags.

It is a serious injustice.

Because the "Update" thread was closed - the one in which to discuss ..ya know..updates. Just wanted to add that the tapes were released in which you can hear this young man screaming for help right before the bullets went off.

I can say this case has brought about 1 positive: from following it, I notice that most people who usual would give the benefit of the doubt to the police (who still have not arrested the murderer) understand that a grave injustice has occured.

It is opening everyone's eyes - even if not the majority of people on ATS...

Thanks for posting.
edit on 19-3-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Too true, but the moment there is a flash mob robbery of a convenience store of black males there are 50 threads on the topic and everyone claiming how reverse racism is at its height. But a 17 year old unarmed kid. Never mind he was armed with skittles and an ice tea multiple witnesses to screams for help as a man points a gun at him gets shot then plants him face down in the grass and leans on the body and there is no investigation or arrest. Seems like the same 'good ole' America to me. This guy is still walking around free. Stop complaining you still got it great.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

You know why it doesn't hit the national level, because it never happens. White people don't go traipsing round the ghetto and if they do its because they live there and no they do not get shot. Real weak excuses for real life circumstances. The reverse does not happen and if it did the collective police force gods would descend upon the neighborhood and leave no stone unturned.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If you listen to the 911 calls he sounds drunk.

I think that this case needs to be investigated by the Feds.

It seems clear to me that the neighborhood watch person disobeyed the police dispatcher on at least two occasions. 1.) to not follow the kid and 2.) to not get out of the car.

It was the actions of the neighborhood watch persons that resulted in the death of in innocent kid. He should be tried in a court of law.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i dont believe it was racially motivated. no evidence whatsoever. someone saw a black victim and assumed. that is it. you wanna see profiling? go to world star hiphop and watch all the videos about whitey getting jumped. face facts if it was a white kid that got shot people would not say a word about racial profiling.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by MaryStillToe

i lived in a black neighborhood in detroit for about 8 months. i watched at least 20 white kids getting mobbed on by groups of black guys and sometimes girls. i heard numerous cries of get that white mother f!$&#er. so. shut up. you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by birthcannon

Yeah once again no evidence to your claims and certainly nobody getting shot add to the fact the killer was standing over the body after calling 911 saying he is following the kid. It doesn't happen. Apparently all those "victims" you claimed to have watched got to walk away not so much for this kid.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by birthcannon

the difference is - if the police would have arrived and seen those black kids jumping those white people (or anyone else) they would have been arrested (and beat) promptly.

This man is walking around and he admitted to shooting him. to murdering him

It has just been released that they questioned the murderer - not even giving him an alcohol or drug test , which is against protocol for someone killing someone else whether they claim self defense or not.

You're right. it is NOT the same thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm sure that's what Zimmerman was thinking.... Scary idiots, y dont you go walk in a suburban black neighborhood, (not a hood) and see what happens instead of assuming things on your lil computer. I doubt you'll get shot. Idiot

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I hard about this a little while ago. I came here and searched for a story on it. I am surprised this thread isn't bigger.

There is a 911 tape you can listen to of this incident. On the tape you can hear the young man yelling for help and then a gunshot is heard. After that the cries for help stop. He was begging for his life before he was coldly executed.

edit on 19-3-2012 by kj6754 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by MrStyx

im not saying this guy should walk away. im not saying that at all. i believe his actions were horrible, just knock off the racism part. doesnt matter if he was racist or not. hes gonna do life or get the death penalty for this because he is a murderer. every murder is a hate crime.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join