It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Thing Obama has Done So Far!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Obama just gave Cameron a brand new Grill!! Not an Ipod loaded with tunes or a DVD collection coded for the US market. But damn cool Grill that is actually made in Illinois. Glad to See Obama get something right in three years. I mean that!!

On the occasion of the Official Visit, The President and Mrs. Obama gave the Prime Minister and Mrs. Cameron a one-of-a-kind Braten 1000 Series Grill hand made by Engelbrecht Grills and Cookers of Paxton, Illinois. Symbolizing the personal friendship between the President and Mrs. Obama and Prime Minister and Mrs. Cameron, the gift commemorates their May 2011 visit to 10 Downing Street where together they grilled and served food to American and British Armed Service Members.

An American classic, the wood and charcoal burning grill is customized with American and British friendship flags engraved into the utility shelf and a personalized plaque mounted on the exterior lid. The grill and all its component parts are made in the United States and Engelbrecht Grills and Cookers has been praised for its environmentally friendly practices. The gift also includes two White House chef jackets each featuring American and British flags, and the Great Seal. Prime Minister and Mrs. Cameron's names are embroidered onto the front of their individual jack

www.weeklystandard.com...

6 week waiting list! I'll take two
gizmodo.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When I read the title of your post, I was so hoping the answer would have been: He resigned.

edit on 14-3-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

One can only hope. Gordon Brown is probably pissed off right now. He got stuck with the DVD collection. I can only imagine with The Queen did with her I-pod.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That'll come in handy with our notoriously reliable summers. Still it's the thought that counts. AS long as we are BFF, that's all I care about.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I 1st thought the President's gift of a grill was....

But after viewing the link I see it's the All American Classic Grill...

I agree good choice but do you really think it was President Obama's idea?...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

wood and charcoal burning? wtf?

propane is the only way to grill, i would be insulted to get a wood and charcoal burning grill

even ask your bro hank hill, nothing tastes the same as something cooked from a propane grill

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I thought it was gonna be something good. Had a good laugh with it though for sure. Now they can grill up some GMO burgers and dogs!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by trust_no_one

I guess it's a hint to be prepared for when SHTF....

or it's there way of creating jobs... You know that they aren't going to be the ones performing the actual grilling...They hire others to do this.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
at least it wasn't fake teeth gold grill which is what I originally thought after the basketball game ;-)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
reply to post by jibeho

wood and charcoal burning? wtf?

propane is the only way to grill, i would be insulted to get a wood and charcoal burning grill

even ask your bro hank hill, nothing tastes the same as something cooked from a propane grill

You're out of your ever loving mind if you think propane is better than charcoal..........you Canadians are always good for a laugh

Charcoal adds amazing flavor!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Michelle Obama tossed in Celebrity Chef Jamie Oliver as a bonus with the grill. Anything to get him out of the US.
The UK can have him back forever!

new topics

top topics

join