It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1.00 in Insurance Premiums to pay for Abortion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Under Water

Although religious people may be interested in this topic, this is not a discussion about religion itself or other issues with the church and state. This is a thread simply about morals and rights, stop trying to derail the thread.

Actually, this thread is about $1.00 of insurance premiums going for abortion. You made it, you should try reading your title.

That said, bringing up perfect parallels is in no way derailing, it is showing the hypocrisy of people like you.

What the hell are you even talking about????? I didn't make this about religion and I have asked over and over again to not make this thread about religion!! It is about morals and rights. And please, what hypocrisy are you referring to? I've presented my case from the beginning. I've even stated why I'm on the side I am. You are not bringing up parallels, you are harassing me.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by AnoNymousDoN
I don't agree with . . .giving your kid up for adoption.

Neither do I.

How could I birth a child just to be all moral and self righteous - - - then give it away to who knows what kind of life that child might have.

You know, I can understand that fear. Then there is the possibility of confronting that child in the future to explain why you chose to give them up. But I bet 9 times out of 10, that child will appreciate at least being given the chance at life. And most adoptive parents provide wonderful homes for kids. So many women are waiting later in life to have kids and fertility problems are on the rise. All they want is the chance to be a parent. And the process of adoption is so difficult, you can bet most homes will be wonderful healthy homes for these kids, not child molesters waiting for new meat. Call me an optimist, but I believe there are always better options than abortion.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No, it's a big deal when it involves the mass murder of innocent humans. And yes you are a troll, your only goal is to attempt to ridicule and derail the thread. You have offered no useful content to this debate at all.

A selfish baseless argument. There is Not ONE - - ZERO - - unselfish reason to have a child.

There are many unselfish reasons not to.

18,000 children die every day of hunger, U.N. says

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Some 18,000 children die every day because of hunger and malnutrition and 850 million people go to bed every night with empty stomachs, a "terrible indictment of the world in 2007," the head of the U.N. food agency said. www.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No, it's a big deal when it involves the mass murder of innocent humans. And yes you are a troll, your only goal is to attempt to ridicule and derail the thread. You have offered no useful content to this debate at all.

A selfish baseless argument. There is Not ONE - - ZERO - - unselfish reason to have a child.

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Some 18,000 children die every day because of hunger and malnutrition and 850 million people go to bed every night with empty stomachs, a "terrible indictment of the world in 2007," the head of the U.N. food agency said. www.usatoday.com...

How many of them are in the USA? We are talking about US laws. And with that said, is the solution to starving children to just kill them?

And there are plenty of unselfish reasons to have kids, why would you say there are none? Being a parent comes with so many sacrifices. It's also quite rewarding. I'm sorry you gave up your chance to experience it. Maybe one day you will.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Although religious people may be interested in this topic, this is not a discussion about religion itself or other issues with the church and state. This is a thread simply about morals and rights, stop trying to derail the thread.

No one is derailing the thread by mentioning religion.

You are the one interpreting it to be about religion - - - when its not.

Its about taxes supporting something you don't agree with - - - and have no choice.

Gays pay taxes. How do you think they feel about the government subsidizing programs of Fundamental Right Wing churches - - - who want to deny them basic rights - - and call them an immoral abomination.

Where is their choice on how their tax money is spent?

edit on 14-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

How many of them are in the USA?

WHAT?

And you're trying to play the moral card?

FAIL!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

And there are plenty of unselfish reasons to have kids

Provide One.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2012 by captaintyinknots because: double post

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2012 by captaintyinknots because: triple post

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Actually, this thread is about $1.00 of insurance premiums going for abortion. You made it, you should try reading your title.

That said, bringing up perfect parallels is in no way derailing, it is showing the hypocrisy of people like you.

What the hell are you even talking about????? I didn't make this about religion and I have asked over and over again to not make this thread about religion!! It is about morals and rights. And please, what hypocrisy are you referring to? I've presented my case from the beginning. I've even stated why I'm on the side I am. You are
otbringing up parallels, you are harassing me.

Try re-reading what I wrote. It, along with the other counterpoints made in this thread simply went over your head.

No one here is trying to make this about religion. We are drawing the parallel.

And please, do explain how exactly I am harassing you...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Under Water

Well I disagree but respect your views but here are mine...

If a woman does not want to have the child it is her right to have that fetus aborted, also in the bigger picture it will cost the taxpayer less money if she aborts that child.
If she is made to have that child and doesn't want him/her and the burden of that child falls on the Government it will cost alot more than an abortion.
If people feel so strongly against abortions why are there thousands of kids who have been given up for adoption and are now in childrens homes because no one will adopt them. Go and adopt a child. If you ban abortion there will be many more of these kids and who is going to look after them
But like anything with free condoms etc and education there will be less unwanted kids.
Education, Education, Education.Thats where many of our social problems start. (The lack of it)

I'm a Christian. I'm pro-life and pro-choice. I do not agree with Abortion and never will, not based off my morals alone, but also because of the fact that doctors recommended that I was aborted, as I came 9 years after my mother's tubes were tied (and one tube was removed; I grew in the other).

However, I am also pro-choice in the fact that I am a Christian, and believe in free will. Because of this, I believe people have every right to abort their child, if they so wish. I also believe Gays have the "right" to be married.

What I DISLIKE, in the very CORE of this issue; is the ATTITUDE of these people.

I dislike the people who think that it's okay to kill an innocent soul who never had the opportunity to grow, to love, to have a family of their own, etc.

One thing I want to point out in your 'argument', is this statement you made here:

If you ban abortion there will be many more of these kids and who is going to look after them

So abortion is the fix for this issue? Abortion solves the problem of filling our buildings with orphans?

Then tell me, how many more children need to be butchered until there are no more orphans?

Abortion is like someone who mows over weeds. They'll just grow back again. It isn't until you pull out the roots that they'll stop. Fix the problem at the core, and there will be no need for abortion. If people weren't careless about sex and got "accidental" pregnancies, or if there were no more rapists, or if there were no issue with economic or stability or abusive parents, etc etc, there would be no need for abortion.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You are the one interpreting it to be about religion - - - when its not.

No, I 've asked time and time again to keep religion out of it, because once a thread goes in that direction, it turns into a hate fest. This is about one thing......do people have the right to refuse to fund something they find immoral.

Its about taxes supporting something you don't agree with - - - and have no choice.

Exactly, but is it wrong to not have a choice over such a serious topic?

Gays pay taxes. How do you think they feel about the government subsidizing programs of Fundamental Right Wing churches - - - who want to deny them basic rights - - and call them an immoral abomination. Where is their choice on how their tax money is spent?

I side with gays. I think everyone should have equal rights, including unborns. I already told you i'm not a religious person.

WHAT? And you're trying to play the moral card? FAIL!

This isn't a video game, please don't shout fail at me. Now if you think me asking how many of those kids are in the US means I don't care about them, you are wrong. This thread started over a law in the US. I would love to see equal human rights all over the world, but the fight starts at home. We are america the free (at least we used to be) we should be a shining example to the world that there are better ways to handle hunger than to encourage abortions.

Provide One.

And this is where you have insulted nearly every parent on the planet. But you abort your young, so you don't understand. I think you need to go have a conversation with your parents to be honest. You are hateful. You really believe all these abortions are happening because the women are selfless and feel they are doing what's best for the baby? No they are doing what's best for them. "I'm not ready for a kid, let's abort." "I don't want to get fat, let's abort." "I broke up with my boyfriend, let's abort." When you find out your pregnant, and your not ready for a kid and have no idea how your going to get through it, but decide to keep your child because your it's mom, and it's the right thing to do, you will make sacrifices, you will rearrange your life to fit that child in it, even if it's not what you wanted, because you are doing what's best for the child, not for you.

I have to ask, all of you who can't seem to open your mind to the possibility that you are effectively ending a life, are you grateful that you were not aborted by your mother? Because if she would have aborted you, she would have ended your life, and you wouldn't be here now.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I'm a Christian. I'm pro-life and pro-choice.

However, I am also pro-choice in the fact that I am a Christian, and believe in free will. Because of this, I believe people have every right to abort their child, if they so wish. I also believe Gays have the "right" to be married.

Thank you.

In my 20 years on the net and participating in various forums.

I have spoken with many Christians who are pro-life and pro-choice.

They understand individual rights. They understand Right of Choice - - - even though it is wrong for them.

NO - - we are not discussing religion. We are discussing a parallel.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
1)you are still missing the point of why religion is being brought up. Try again.

2)you failed to provide the single reason that anee asked for. Try again.

3)your assumptions about why people have abortions are assinine and an attempt at undermining the real reasons. Try again.

4)if my parents had aborted me I wouldn't know better, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

And this is where you have insulted nearly every parent on the planet. But you abort your young, so you don't understand. I think you need to go have a conversation with your parents to be honest. You are hateful. You really believe all these abortions are happening because the women are selfless and feel they are doing what's best for the baby? No they are doing what's best for them. "I'm not ready for a kid, let's abort." "I don't want to get fat, let's abort." "I broke up with my boyfriend, let's abort." When you find out your pregnant, and your not ready for a kid and have no idea how your going to get through it, but decide to keep your child because your it's mom, and it's the right thing to do, you will make sacrifices, you will rearrange your life to fit that child in it, even if it's not what you wanted, because you are doing what's best for the child, not for you.

I have to ask, all of you who can't seem to open your mind to the possibility that you are effectively ending a life, are you grateful that you were not aborted by your mother? Because if she would have aborted you, she would have ended your life, and you wouldn't be here now.

5)no one argues that abortion ends life. It ends the life of cells.
edit on 14-3-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That's horrible, abortion is wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

And this is where you have insulted nearly every parent on the planet.

Answer the question.

Provide ONE unselfish reason to have a child.

I'm not interested in your opinion - - just the answer to the question.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I think you need to go have a conversation with your parents to be honest. You are hateful. You really believe all these abortions are happening because the women are selfless and feel they are doing what's best for the baby?

I am a grandmother - - my parents are dead.

Let me repeat: LIVING CHILDREN.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

Here's the topic:

$1.00 in Insurance Premiums to pay for Abortion

Not religion, not other members but about healthcare premiums paying for abortion.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I dislike the people who think that it's okay to kill an innocent soul who never had the opportunity to grow, to love, to have a family of their own, etc.

But that is your belief. I guess it would be wrong of you with your belief.

But you can not dictate to me from your belief - - - because I do not hold the same belief.

My belief is the energy consciousness (soul) is eternal - - - it never dies. That physical is actually temporary and a creation of energy consciousness (soul). I consider the reason behind an act more important then the act itself.

Bringing another child into a world where 18000 die each year is a selfish act. Bringing another baby into the world just so you can say "I gave it life" - - and appease your God - - is a selfish act.

Focusing on living children - - is an act energy consciousness understands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So back to the government providing for all individuals needs no matter their belief or non-belief.

I fully support that $1.00 on every premium is a very smart way to provide for this need.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
OP: You don't have to accept it, you can fight it. Just because someone is forcing their view on you doesn't mean you have to accept it. Use your power of choice, stop payments, try to affect legislation. If you want change you have to be on the front lines of the fight. It is up to you to make it stop. Good luck.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join