It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1.00 in Insurance Premiums to pay for Abortion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
However, the abortion issue is a singular issue. And a severely moral one to many of us. It doesn't and shouldn't be a part of it.

I severely morally object to churches and religion.

I do not want my tax money supporting these organizations.

It is my individual right.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

However, the abortion issue is a singular issue. And a severely moral one to many of us. It doesn't and shouldn't be a part of it.

I severely morally object to churches and religion.

I do not want my tax money supporting these organizations.

It is my individual right.

You don't have to be religious to be moral or have moral issues. I'm not religious. I do not belong to any church or form of organized religion. As I stated, I am a former pro choice woman who did the research, and after looking at all the evidence presented, I've concluded that abortion is in fact the killing of humans, based on how we judge life. All life. It is my individual right not not have to support or fund a process that I find is the most appalling thing we legally practice in this country.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
BTW, I called my insurance agent today and had a political discussion with him. First of all, he said yes, when obama care goes into effect in 2014, they do plan to force all individuals to pay 1.00 of their monthly premium toward abortions. He also said that there is so much chatter in the insurance industry about how they think this one issue alone will derail the entire thing. Apparently there have been so many people calling, fussing and threatening that they now believe there will be no obama care in 2014 and that this issue, the abortion issue, is the final nail in the coffin. Anyway, thought those were interesting remarks and wanted to share.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

BTW, I called my insurance agent today and had a political discussion with him. First of all, he said yes, when obama care goes into effect in 2014, they do plan to force all individuals to pay 1.00 of their monthly premium toward abortions. He also said that there is so much chatter in the insurance industry about how they think this one issue alone will derail the entire thing. Apparently there have been so many people calling, fussing and threatening that they now believe there will be no obama care in 2014 and that this issue, the abortion issue, is the final nail in the coffin. Anyway, thought those were interesting remarks and wanted to share.

Again, I would like to see one single credible source that confirms this. Not an obviously biased blog. Not "my agent told me". Some actual, real, evidence that this is anything more than hearsay.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I've concluded that abortion is in fact the killing of humans, based on how we judge life.

I've had an abortion - - and under the same circumstance I would do it again.

It really pisses me off that anyone wants to deny me my right to make that choice.

I judge life just fine - - - when every living child is clothed - fed - sheltered - cared for - educated - - - then we can talk about morals.

I do not appreciate one bit - - - others sticking their nose into my right to make a choice.

And don't come back with the "rights of the fetus". It is not a living child.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Again, I would like to see one single credible source that confirms this. Not an obviously biased blog. Not "my agent told me". Some actual, real, evidence that this is anything more than hearsay.

It's all over the news. Turn on your radio or your tv, everyone is talking about it today. Or better yet, since your hell bent on painting me a liar, how about you pick up your phone and call your insurance agent and ask them for yourself.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I've concluded that abortion is in fact the killing of humans, based on how we judge life.

It really pisses me off that anyone wants to deny me my right to make that choice.

I judge life just fine - - - when every living child is clothed - fed - sheltered - cared for - educated - - - then we can talk about morals.

I do not appreciate one bit - - - others sticking their nose into my right to make a choice.

At what point did I say anything about wanting to take away anyone's right to do anything??? I just don't want to pay for something I don't agree with because I believe that we are killing living humans. I will not take part in it, I shouldn't have to pay for it. I believe it's wrong, I shouldn't have to look at my insurance bill every month and cry that I'm being forced to support what I consider to be an appalling legal act in this country. Why are you putting words in my mouth? Go back and read my original post.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

At what point did I say anything about wanting to take away anyone's right to do anything??? I just don't want to pay for something I don't agree with because I believe that we are killing living humans. I will not take part in it, I shouldn't have to pay for it. I believe it's wrong, I shouldn't have to look at my insurance bill every month and cry that I'm being forced to support what I consider to be an appalling legal act in this country. Why are you putting words in my mouth? Go back and read my original post.

And yet you shrug at the idea that atheists and non-religious fol are forced to pay the church out of every paycheck.

I dont agree with religion. I believe its wrong. I wont have any part in it. I should not have to look at my paycheck and cry about the fact that my taxes go to keep them in existance.

See how that works?

And, for the third time, I would love to see ANY actual documentation on this claim. Until then, I believe we are debating an issue that is sensationalist propaganda.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

It's all over the news. Turn on your radio or your tv, everyone is talking about it today. Or better yet, since your hell bent on painting me a liar, how about you pick up your phone and call your insurance agent and ask them for yourself.

Im not hell bent on painting you a liar. I am asking you to provide proof of what you claim to be fact. That isnt asking too much, is it?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I believe the laws contradict themselves. I do not believe the laws are acting in the interest of woman's rights, and are instead acting in their goal to reduce the population. They could give a care less about women. Don't let them fool you. They want you to have free contraception and abortions to control the population. Not because they actually care about your right to have sex, or your right to your body not getting fat during pregnancy. They simply don't want you breeding.

Our laws make no sense. They contradict each other.

You kill a pregnant woman, you are charged with multiple counts of murder. Yet a woman can choose to have a doctor kill her own unborn child and it's legal. Does this mean it's only life if it's wanted?

You injure a pregnant woman and as a result her fetus dies, you get charged with murder/manslaughter depending on the circumstances. Yet a woman can choose to have a doctor kill her own unborn child and it's legal. Does this mean it's only life if it's wanted?

A pregnant teen goes into labor at her high school prom, barely delivers a premature baby, kills it quietly, gets caught and goes to jail. Yet if she had asked her doctor to kill it, it would have been legal.

They call your time of death when your heart stops beating, yet they don't call it life when your heart starts beating in the womb at only 15 days old. So why is it death when your heart stops and not life when it starts?

A doctor can pull the plug on a person being kept "alive" by machines and it's murder, yet they don't consider you alive when your heart is beating in the womb AND your brain has activity. Somehow, a vegetable with no brain activity has more human rights than an unborn who has a beating heart and brain activity.

An unborn in distress can be cut out of the mom, and finish it's development in a hospital, then go on to live a normal life, while an unborn at the same stage is being ripped apart by the abortion process, and it's body parts thrown out with the trash.

We know the heart beats and that there is brain activity from very early on. Just because it hasn't taken on the full size and shape of a baby yet, doesn't make it not alive. We know they can feel, they have reflexes and touch response. And did you know they can start learning from inside the womb? We did it with my daughter. There are games you can play while your pregnant to interact with your baby. Believe it or not, they have the ability to follow a flashlight, just like a cat.

These are our kids, our babies, HUMAN BEINGS! They are innocent. They can't defend themselves.
Now I know until the government finally decides it's convenient to make it law that they are alive and have human rights and protect them, there will be people who either don't want to believe it's murder, or just haven't done enough digging to see the facts for themselves. What people do to their own kids is on their conscience, not mine. But please, don't make me fund something that I obviously see as murder. Worse than murder... crimes against humanity. Whether you agree with me or not, respect the fact that this is what many of us truly believe in our hearts, and it is cruel to make us feel as though we are taking part in it, by paying for it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

And yet you shrug at the idea that atheists and non-religious fol are forced to pay the church out of every paycheck.

I dont agree with religion. I believe its wrong. I wont have any part in it. I should not have to look at my paycheck and cry about the fact that my taxes go to keep them in existance.

See how that works?

And, for the third time, I would love to see ANY actual documentation on this claim. Until then, I believe we are debating an issue that is sensationalist propaganda.

Although religious people may be interested in this topic, this is not a discussion about religion itself or other issues with the church and state. This is a thread simply about morals and rights, stop trying to derail the thread. And since your too lazy to look at the links already posted in the thread, to turn on your radio or tv and listen to the news, or to call ANY insurance company and just strait up ASK them, here are some more links. Now shut up and stop being a troll.

theview.abc.go.com...
www.usanewsfirst.com...
www.lifenews.com...
www.libertynews.com...
www.drudge.com...
www.ruthblog.org...

edit on 14-3-2012 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I just don't want to pay for something I don't agree with because I believe that we are killing living humans.

We are all citizens of the same government.

There are lots of things my taxes pay for I don't agree with. At least I support and understand that's what a government is. Supporting all citizens.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I believe the laws contradict themselves. I do not believe the laws are acting in the interest of woman's rights, and are instead acting in their goal to reduce the population.

Who are you to tell me as a woman my best interest?

My best interest is in Right of Choice.

The reason has no bearing.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I will not take part in it, I shouldn't have to pay for it. I believe it's wrong, I shouldn't have to look at my insurance bill every month and cry that I'm being forced to support what I consider to be an appalling legal act in this country.

I don't want to take part in a lot of things our government does.

But so what. Its not all about me.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I will not take part in it, I shouldn't have to pay for it. I believe it's wrong, I shouldn't have to look at my insurance bill every month and cry that I'm being forced to support what I consider to be an appalling legal act in this country.

Wow. Ok. I wonder how many Germans said that during the holocaust.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

so basically, its only a big deal when YOU are bothered by it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Although religious people may be interested in this topic, this is not a discussion about religion itself or other issues with the church and state. This is a thread simply about morals and rights, stop trying to derail the thread.

Actually, this thread is about $1.00 of insurance premiums going for abortion. You made it, you should try reading your title.

That said, bringing up perfect parallels is in no way derailing, it is showing the hypocrisy of people like you.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

so basically, its only a big deal when YOU are bothered by it.

No, it's a big deal when it involves the mass murder of innocent humans. And yes you are a troll, your only goal is to attempt to ridicule and derail the thread. You have offered no useful content to this debate at all.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnoNymousDoN
I don't agree with . . .giving your kid up for adoption.

Neither do I.

How could I birth a child just to be all moral and self righteous - - - then give it away to who knows what kind of life that child might have.

Its like "pot luck kid" - - but that's OK - - I'm square with my God - - I gave it life.

To me this is far worse then making the decision you are not ready to have a child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join