It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1.00 in Insurance Premiums to pay for Abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
As of yesterday this is now law? www.onenewsnow.com...

I am pro life. I have looked at the evidence, I have paid close attention to my own body while I was pregnant. I have come to the conclusion that abortion is wrong, and I see it as murder. I realize not everyone shares my views, and that is fine. But I refuse to support abortion because I believe it is murder.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's a tough one as I am the opposite of you as I am pro choice, but I can understand in such a religious country as America this is a contentious issue and does appear to be unfair to force people to pay for something they don not agree with on religious grounds.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Well I disagree but respect your views but here are mine...

If a woman does not want to have the child it is her right to have that fetus aborted, also in the bigger picture it will cost the taxpayer less money if she aborts that child.
If she is made to have that child and doesn't want him/her and the burden of that child falls on the Government it will cost alot more than an abortion.
If people feel so strongly against abortions why are there thousands of kids who have been given up for adoption and are now in childrens homes because no one will adopt them. Go and adopt a child. If you ban abortion there will be many more of these kids and who is going to look after them
But like anything with free condoms etc and education there will be less unwanted kids.
Education, Education, Education.Thats where many of our social problems start. (The lack of it)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's just their small token of saying there's too many people on this world
But sometimes it may be necessary, I don't agree with it or giving your kid up for adoption. That would be the hardest thing ever for me. Maybe parents have their daughter still on the insurance, under 18 and maybe the parents force the abortion because she's not even 16 or something like that. That would be the only way I see it necessary. Still wouldn't do it though. Some people are just like that.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I agree with you OP. I am an atheist but I think it is absolutely WRONG to consider abortion as form of birth control. I also don't think tax payers should have to pay for "murder" but it happens all the time, via wars and such

A better way to spend the tax payers money, I think, is sex education, and access to legitimate forms of birth control. Its important for people (especially young people) to understand the full implications of having sex and to take it very seriously. You should only have sex if you feel you are old enough to take care of a child, because there is always the possibility that a child will be conceived. This is something everyone should consider every time they have sex. Nature did not invent sex so that you could have something to do on Friday night, sure its fun, but its main purpose is so animals can PROCREATE.

Ignoring the situation, or expecting people to just abstain from having sex is the wrong way to go about it. Education is crucial, I believe.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnoNymousDoN
It's just their small token of saying there's too many people on this world
But sometimes it may be necessary, I don't agree with it or giving your kid up for adoption. That would be the hardest thing ever for me. Maybe parents have their daughter still on the insurance, under 18 and maybe the parents force the abortion because she's not even 16 or something like that. That would be the only way I see it necessary. Still wouldn't do it though. Some people are just like that.

I used to think that giving up a child would be the hardest thing to do, but then I realized I'd rather give someone a life than take it away from them. I know adoption is a hard thing to do, if we step outside of "me" we realize we gave someone a chance at life and gave the adoptive parents the greatest gift anyone could ever have. Greatest gifts can require great sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
It's a tough one as I am the opposite of you as I am pro choice, but I can understand in such a religious country as America this is a contentious issue and does appear to be unfair to force people to pay for something they don not agree with on religious grounds.

Thank you for having an open mind. People like you give me hope.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So the Stupac amendment was a complete and total lie, just like the cost of the abomination.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I understand your case but that child may end up with the wrong people and I wouldn't want that either. Even if I didn't know, it would still be in the back of my .. So if you don't want a kid wear a condom or keep your legs closed. I think thats the message

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Well.. the argument doesn't really work if she is coming from a moral standpoint and is saying people would have to pay for something they are morally opposed to (yet wouldn't mind paying more for something they aren't opposed to)

I think it's crazy too, but I am also pro choice. My question is, why can't you opt in and out. If you are pro choice you pay the dollar and in the future if you need an abortion you are covered for it. If you opt out then you don't pay for it and in the future if you get pregnant you wont be covered for abortion.

In old America capitalists would have solved this problem in an instance. Someone would be capitalizing on a moral based health insurance coverage for young Christians. Now people squabble and can't get anything right.
edit on 14-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yes I know what you mean but where does that end? If I disagree with say a war I can not opt out to paying my taxes which fund that war. I wish we could decide where our taxes go but it is impractical. So we have to look at the bigger picture.
If you disagree with something you have to vote someone in who shares your views.

But I don't think everyone has to pay the one buck so if you don't agree yup don't pay it.
edit on 14-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
I realize not everyone shares my views, and that is fine. But I refuse to support abortion because I believe it is murder.

Excellent. There is only Right of Choice - - - Right for each individual to make their own decision.

No one has the right to take MY RIGHTS away because of their belief.

I have no say in a lot of things tax payer money supports. Churches receive government funding all the time. I'm paying for it and I'm Atheist.

Pacifists are paying for war.

So really - - - too bad.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Go and adopt a child.

Funny you say that, as I have issues with my body and can not naturally have another child. Adoption is the only thing I can do if I want a sibling for my daughter. On top of that, I have 2 close friends who each adopted a year ago and more on a list waiting. In fact, they have waited so long, that it seem to me the problem isn't the amount of kids given up for adoption, but the amount of red tape potential parents have to go through to be able to adopt in the first place. There are so many women who can't get pregnant and that number keeps rising. Maybe instead of resorting to killing our offspring like savages, we should improve the adoption system. Infertility is on the rise, abortion is on the rise, and those in charge are getting exactly what they want, population reduction.

Also, before it goes in that direction, this isn't just a religious issue. It's a moral issue and a human rights issue. You can have morals without belonging to a religion. It's a matter of what you believe is right and wrong. And while everyone has the right to their beliefs, no one should be forced to pay for or support something they truly believe is against their morals.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Churches receive government funding for all kinds of things.

I'm Atheist - - how do I opt out of tax payer money funding churches?

Except - - it never occurred to me. We are all part of a "melting pot" country. Differences all have a right to the tax pool.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Good for you and your pals for adopting and trying to adopt I tip my hat to you all
I agree it is very hard to adopt kids and there is to much red tape to try and adopt (unless your a movie star or a pop star).
Good news this week in the UK our PM has said that he is going to cut the red tape so it will be easyer to adopt.
I have wrestled with adopting and have talked to my wife about it, maybe when I have a bit more cash I will.
Once again good on you chickabee

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And while everyone has the right to their beliefs, no one should be forced to pay for or support something they truly believe is against their morals.

I snipped most of your post because this is the part that stuck out to me. I disagree with defending oil reserves in the Middle East, where do I opt out of paying for that mess?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar

And while everyone has the right to their beliefs, no one should be forced to pay for or support something they truly believe is against their morals.

I snipped most of your post because this is the part that stuck out to me. I disagree with defending oil reserves in the Middle East, where do I opt out of paying for that mess?

Look there are a lot of issues we disagree with that we pay for. The problem is when it comes to war, it comes out of our defense budget. We all contribute to the defense of our country, and there is nothing wrong with that, but leaders come in and abuse that budget and fight over what to spend that money on like wars etc.

However, the abortion issue is a singular issue. And a severely moral one to many of us. It doesn't and shouldn't be a part of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectBlue
A better way to spend the tax payers money, I think, is sex education, and access to legitimate forms of birth control.

It seems sex education today is the same movie they showed us back in 1959 - - about diseases. Back in 1959 - - we all went YUCK! - - but didn't care.

When are they gonna start teaching that Lust is a reaction to chemical attraction - - - built into the body to encourage sexual encounters? And Lust is not selective in its attraction - - - such as - - is this person good for you - - - someone you might want to share a child with.

Until they update sex education to reality - - - there's not much hope. And there are still parents fighting against sex education in school.

I support FREE Government anything and everything to prevent reproduction - - - for someone who is not ready.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Fair enough, I'll stick to the abortion aspect of the discussion. If my insurance company told me that part of my premium went to pay for abortions, putting my view of abortion aside, I would be fine with that. I'm not going to drop my coverage to make a statement.

If a government mandated health plan says that part of the premium will cover abortions, same answer as above.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So, ONE PRO-LIFE attorney says this, and now we just think it is a law?

Id love to see some ACTUAL documentation on the matter, and not just the word of an anti-choice lawyer with an agenda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join