It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been sick for 7 years ...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This was probably caused by a serious car crash i had in 2005.

Car crashes can damage the inter ear.
If you had a injury to your face or head it could have damaged your Vagus nerve.

Both of these can cause nausea.

A blown ear drum or a inter ear infection can cause nausea.

have you tried a simple OTC drug Dramamine

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Good call, its yet another thing i can talk to the doctor about

Thats the problem with nausea, there are so many things that could cause it

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I cant remember, but im sure i had tried that at some point

The car crash affected my back, neck and legs. I was driving a top of the range Saab at the time, so my injuries were not too bad considering the impact. I think the seatbelts had Pretensioners which stopped me from hitting my head. The airbag never went off as i was rear ended and pushed some 50ft up the road despite having my foot on the break (automatic).

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm not a doctor but If it was me I would try many different things. You probably have! so I'll just give you a little list of things to try......you will have to document them like a journal. may take time but, looks like your symptoms are not going anywhere.

1. Get tested for allergies.
2. Try a week of nothing but water to drink.....you may not have enough. being low on water can have AMAZING effects, like back pain
3. do you drink milk or eat cheese? you may be allergic cut that out for a week or two and see how you feel.
4. vitamins.
5. hemp seeds

Do one at a time so you can gauge the effects. Those are the first things I'd try. Diet can really effect us.

When I first heard your symptoms I thought of "inner ear balance" did you get a spider bite or something in there?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I came to the realisation a few years back that a large proportion of ailments only exist in one's head and since I had this epiphany I rarely feel ill.

I'm not saying that your nausea isn't real - just that it could be a product of your subconscious... and that's got nothing to do with you being depressed or anxious or anything like that.

First thing I would do if I were you is ditch the visits to the doctors (who can't seem to identify the problem), chuck out your medication and make a resolution to overcome the symptoms through sheer mental will.

Might be worth a try!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Got see a Ear, nose and throat doctor. Have you had a CAT scan of your head? Sounds like your doctors have ruled out the gut, I would hope so after 7 years. Also watch www.Ihealthtube.com as well lots of doctors have posted a lot of different things that may help you.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
There is a lab out of north carolina, I think, called genova and they do a stool test called a cdsa, I would see if you doctor would order you a kit. It's no charge for them and insurance usually pays for the testing. If you're not insured, I think it's around $300. I would also suggest heavy metal toxin testing. I work for an alternative medicine doc and have seen both of these test give patients answers they could not get anywhere else. The heavy metal testing is usually a urine test, but they have to give you a challenge to take before testing that brings out the chemicals. It it cheaper though. I would also start a really good high potancy probiotic to help reestablish the good bacteria in you gut. It al starts in the gut. Hope I was of some help, if you need anymore info on the testing just let me know, I can help.
Peace and Love,
Heather
edit on 15-3-2012 by parksh because: more info

Genova does the heavy metal testing along with food sensitivity which could be an option. Doctors Data also does the heavy metal testing.
edit on 15-3-2012 by parksh because: more info

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OMG, prednisone is a lifesaver for me. It is such a double edged sword though.

You feel better. Or as my rheumatologist says, prednisone will make anyone feel better. But the wicked side effects....

Ugh!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Forgot about sjogrens. Good one.

you can tell who the chronically sick people are, sadly.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Wow. Just wow.

You've described my life since I was 15 years old. I've had so many problems with unexplainable nausea that I've developed an anxiety problem specifically because of it. But I've found basic answers to my problems... I say "basic" because they still don't answer why I've experienced such pain for so long.

I've always had stomach problems since I was born. Nothing measurable. Just constant nausea. But I got used to it. Sure, I missed a lot of school throughout my life, but it's never hurt my grades. When I was 14 the nausea got beyond the point of tolerable. I began to throw up at least once a day. But, being a 14 year old, I still wanted to go out and live my life. So I would usually end up forcing food down my throat before I went out (I'd have to force myself to eat because of the nausea) and then a few hours later my body would reject it and I would throw up. Usually just in a trash can somewhere while I was out. Then I'd just keep walking. That's how normal it was for me.
And I had gone to tons of doctors. Many of them (because I was an attractive young woman with an alternative style) assumed it was anorexia or bulemia. And that just enraged me (in fact, a few of those incompetent judgmental doctors aren't allowed to practice medicine in Massachusetts anymore after their mistreatment of me). When I was finally able to find a doctor who realized that I wasn't being sick on purpose (and that it wasn't all in my head)... I was admitted to the hospital multiple times for multiple different biopsies and endoscopies. They noticed that I had severe acid reflux, so they prescribed me a strong version of Prilosec. After a few months of that... I stopped vomiting daily. The nausea didn't go away, but the vomiting finally stopped and I was able to start building my health back up again.

But my nausea was still there. And there still wasn't a concrete explanation for it. About 6 months ago, I changed anti-anxiety/depression medications (I was on Zoloft since I was 14) and I started feeling better. The nausea started to go away. Apparently a side effect of Zoloft is nausea (which I hadn't realized). So I can assume that all the nausea and pain I went through between the ages of 14 and 22 were because of Zoloft. But it still doesn't explain the nausea I had to go through as a child.

I still experience nausea now. And whenever I get sick, even if it's a cold, it always hits me in my stomach. I've just come to accept the fact that my stomach is my weak spot and it is always going to give me trouble.

I'd type more, because I have more to say, but I've got to go drop off grad school application stuff now or I'll be late (I think applying to grad school is more difficult and stressful than the whole college process!) xP

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I went to see the doc today and i must say, although i was a bit dubious about changing docs, it turns out....these ones seem to want to help

I only had a 10 minute appointment today, so i couldnt discuss a lot of what ive read on here. But i have another appointment next week which is a double appointment (20mins) so im going to suggest some of the things from on here

Before my old doctor would only prescribe 10 ondansetron pills at a time, due to cost.($10 a pill)

This doc prescribed me 60, which means i dont have to keep going back and forward getting more prescriptions.

Il keep you all updated about what happens next week, friday 23rd is my appointment

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Did you have strep throat often as a kid?

Someone mentioned trying only water for a week, 2-3 days might be a good start, I think that could be a good idea. Not everyone can do it depending on health, medications ect. But if water only for awhile made it worse or better, it'd give you a better idea to what the cause of the pain is. You sorta know if someone is really looking for answers if they fast, otherwise their problems are not that big of a deal since the behavioral aspect to them getting better isn't there.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
Did you have strep throat often as a kid?

Someone mentioned trying only water for a week, 2-3 days might be a good start, I think that could be a good idea. Not everyone can do it depending on health, medications ect. But if water only for awhile made it worse or better, it'd give you a better idea to what the cause of the pain is. You sorta know if someone is really looking for answers if they fast, otherwise their problems are not that big of a deal since the behavioral aspect to them getting better isn't there.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

Ive tried a lot of what has been mentioned in the past with no change in the nausea.

Trust me, ive been looking for answers for years

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I had chronic nausea for many years. It was due to GERD or acid reflux. Using an incline pillow and chewing some dental gum with a buffering agent (e.g. Between gum) helps. The standard long treatment for it, proton pump inhibitors will fail after just a few months.

Finally the one herb that blows away most of the anti-nausea drugs is ginger. You can get candied ginger snacks to suck on, or better cut a small thin slice of the raw ginger and suck on it yourself.

You might have also picked something up over there. Perhaps you have a chronic infection. Mainstream doctors are clueless with regards to this. You'll need to see a wholistic doctor and perhaps look into low dose antibiotics or perhaps some rife machine protocols.

I wish you well.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Friday the 23 has come & gone. I hope you heard good news or still have faith in you new Drs. If you feel like sharing an up-date, I would like to know how you are doing. I am still thinking it is your gall bladder.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Hey

I saw the doc on friday, she is sending me for an ultrasound to begin with, then most probably an endoscopy and possibly a colonoscopy

I mentioned my gall bladder and chrones disease. She also thought it could be my gall bladder, i believe thats why im having an ultrasound done

I will try and keep this thread updated for those interested

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Likely parasitic.... there are several parasites which are sometimes only detected purely by accident... did you by chance consume any haggis or anything similiar?

Medically, I would contact the CDC.

Besthesda is one who might help, and they do take 'extreme cases'.

edit on 26-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thank you so much for the up-date. I am glad you have a Dr that is determined to get to the bottom of your ailment. So if it ends up being your gall bladder, do I win a prize?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
[more

The only person i know with constant nausea 24/7 at first thought it was ptsd, but later was diagnosed with celiac disease, her nausea completely disappeared after eliminating gluten from her diet.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This was mentioned a few other times but it bears repeating...please get checked for celiac disease. I have it (9 years gluten free) but was sick for a long time. Its a very specific test and 1 in 113 people have it but its underdiagnosed.
also other foods could be causing it. My child has dairy and egg allergies that made her sick all through high school.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join