It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been sick for 7 years ...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

The reason I asked that is because you could be having classic migraines with aura, but without the pain part of the migraine. Sounds weird right?? Well it happens and it is one tricky thing to diagnose, I suffer from them (a sub set called confusional migraines). There are some weeks that I'm nauseous 24/7 and consistently feel mildly drunk (I know that sounds fun, but it's not).

It was my endocrinologist that figured it out & I thought he had lost his mind. But I agreed to see a neurologist because I was desperate. I'm glad I did.

Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Good Luck!!!
OiO

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by pica13pica

are you a chestbreather?

The emotional distance thing: avoiding emotional connections and bonding with others. Smiling while you feel sad. Feeling irritated. Feeling empty and not finding any "meaning in life"

Haha, i dont let things get to me. I never show my true feelings. If im upset, i get on with it by myself. I deal with all the stresses in life by my own....through choice, not because i have no one to talk to.
For example after i got out of hospital after being stabbed and beaten, i didnt talk to anyone about what happened. I posted a thread on here but i had it closed because i was getting trolled.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it easier talking about things to people i dont know. But i tend not to bother, as i feel i can deal with it. Maybe this is part of the issue.

I dont like talking about my fears and problems. Im independent, ive always been the same.
edit on 14-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Its another avenue to explore, so thank you, i will discuss this tomorrow with the docs
They havent looked at my brain as of yet...they have looked at most other parts of my body haha

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

But prednisone is not like the others. I need to specifically know about prednisone.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't tried it.
edit on 14-3-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

From my heart to yours: i'm really sorry to hear that. You must be really lonely...

I guess you have a good reason to act like you do. A reason from way back then?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Have the workups done for AUTOIMMUNE. Seriously. Lots of people have autoimmune but for some reason the primary care doctors always overlook it. Get checked for Lupus, Sjogrens and Scleroderma to start with.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Nope ive never even heard of it....i will google it now

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
But prednisone helps with it. Have you tried prednison?

Prednisone. THANK GOD FOR PREDNISONE!
Seriously .. takes care of inflammation AND calms the immune system.
Great for us autoimmune folks ...

Have you been checked for celiacs or allergies?

EXCELLENT thought nixie_nox ... I forgot all about celiac ...
OP .... listen to nixie_nox .... get checked for Celiac .... seriously ...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

From my heart to yours: i'm really sorry to hear that. You must be really lonely...

I guess you have a good reason to act like you do. A reason from way back then?

Na reason as far as i know, just the way i am, and have always been. Grew up in a loving home, had everything i could ever want or need in life. My parents were not shy at splashing the cash. If i wanted something i would get it, even to this day my parents will do anything for me. Be it financially or emotionally.

Im far from lonely
Im not a big people person anyways, im not a great fan of humanity lol.

I love my own company, always have.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Your gallbladder. Have they checked it? I knew a lady that was ill for over a year, they did every test they could think of, plus drugs, psychiatric therapy etc...bottom line, I would have your doc run a gall bladder test.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Im not sure, but il be sure to mention it tomorrow when i see my docs

EVERYONE: THANK YOU i can compile a list to show my doctor tomorrow, hopefully they will look at it and start testing for them

Keep them coming, the more things i can suggest to the doc the better.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Good to hear. But then again... You were wondering if it was related.
My last question for you: do breath using your chest muscles instead of your belly?

Anyway: best of luck for you...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pica13pica

No problem

I breathe from the chest.

Ive looked at my past before and there is nothing a can see that would have affected me later in life.
Ive had plenty of relationships with girls
Longest one being 7 years. Im just a normal guy with some annoying affliction lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
[more

try belly breathing while visualizing happy faces. Not a joke. Really.

Goodbye.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
did you eat any seafood while in Crete? there are parasites that will give you plenty of long-term gastrointestinal problems.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lordpiney

No im not a big seafood fan, alhough i could have had something unknowingly.

I was tested for something called H-pylori at the very beginning and had a camera down the throat (Endoscopy) which i think ruled out parasites in the stomach and intestines.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

are you a chestbreather?

The emotional distance thing: avoiding emotional connections and bonding with others. Smiling while you feel sad. Feeling irritated. Feeling empty and not finding any "meaning in life"

Haha, i dont let things get to me. I never show my true feelings. If im upset, i get on with it by myself. I deal with all the stresses in life by my own....through choice, not because i have no one to talk to.
For example after i got out of hospital after being stabbed and beaten, i didnt talk to anyone about what happened. I posted a thread on here but i had it closed because i was getting trolled. I find it easier talking about things to people i dont know. But i tend not to bother, as i feel i can deal with it. Maybe this is part of the issue.

I dont like talking about my fears and problems. Im independent, ive always been the same.

This was the reaction I was waiting for.
Do you have feelings of claustrophobia or do you hate it to be aboard a plane just because the forced company of other people for a longer period of time?
If so, this could be the cause. You mind knew it, your body knew it, you had to fly home.
So everything stressed inside you.
A body is comparable to a chain, above a max tension it is gonna break somewhere. That is the weakest link.
In your case it is probably your stomach.
The result is nausea.
If this is the case, do the following.
Remove a much stress from your lifestyle, for now.
Promise yourself you do not have to be in planes or other crowded areas for now.
Start thinking about small happy things.
Start enjoying them.
So slowly retake your life.
Now seek the company of other people, in growing numbers, until you are comfortable with that.
Good luck.
look up the pressure points to calm your stomach.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Remember, gall bladder not gall stones. They can do a liver???? test that will show your gall bladder, people go for years feeling sick as their gall bladder disintegrates. I don't envy you, feeling sick for years can affect your whole life. Please keep us all posted.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Hey thanks

I think the blood tests that they took multiple times looked at liver function. I dont know if this would be the test for a gallbladder or not, but i can always ask the docs if i have had my gallbladder checked.

Another thing, when i was in hospital after i was stabbed i had a CT scan, this revealed calcifications across the poles of both of my kidneys. Dont really know what that means, and the doctors seem to think its nothing, even though it was highlighted by the docs at the hospital.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

My ex-wife was sick, as you have described, for 4 years before she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease.
en.wikipedia.org...

You may also want to check Chronic Vestibular. According to this article it is often missed during diagnosis.

www.balancechicago.com...
edit on 3/14/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join