It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been sick for 7 years ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ive had this constant nausea since being on holiday in Crete in 2005.

From the minute my eyes open, until the minute i fall asleep, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Ive been to my doctor at least once a month for the past 7 years, and they still dont know what is wrong
Ive had a ton of tests, cameras down my throat, biopsies blah blah blah. Was sent to a psychiatrist because the doctor insisted it was anxiety and depression. The psychologist said i was not mentally ill, nor suffering from depression. He said the anxiety was caused by the constant nausea.

Ive taken every pill under the sun for nausea, depression, and anxiety. The only one that helps is a drug called Ondansetron which is normally used by cancer patients under chemotherapy (for nausea). But they are now losing there effectiveness as ive been on them for the last 3 years!

Ive spoken to many people who have the same thing (through forums etc)...none have been diagnosed. All have to endure this horrid feeling all the time.

Anyone on here suffer the same thing?? Or have any idea what it could be??

Ive learned to cope with the nausea (as best as i can), but it does limit me to where i can go and what i can do. For example the smell of fried food makes me dry heave. So eating out is a no go. Going around friends for meals is also not something i can do now

I was almost murdered in March 2011, so this has not really helped
I also have PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) or PDSD (prolonged duress stress disorder). to deal with alongside the undiagnosed nausea!
Ive got to be honest, ive not dealt with this as of yet. Ive not had counseling or any help for this condition.

So....has anyone got any idea what the nausea is about? The cause....ive pretty much eliminated a lot of reasons, including

IBS
Poisoning
Stress
Anxiety
Depression
Helio pylori

In 2006 i was diagnosed with having a hiatus hernia, but the doctors have said that this has nothing to do with the nausea. This was probably caused by a serious car crash i had in 2005. ( hit in the rear at 50mph+ whilst stationary)

I saw another thread about nausea, which prompted me to make one of my own.

I know we have some doctors, and other medically qualified people on here. I moved in October 2011 because of the attempt on my life. So ive had to get another doctor in my new area. I have an appointment tomorrow, and would like to suggest some things to them. Im hoping they are better than the 2 previous surgeries i have been to for help with this issue.

Thanks again, and i look forward to some of your ideas

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Been sick for 7 years

Did you break a mirror in 2005..?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

haha nope

Started in Crete a day before i was to fly home. Was taken to hospital there and given the all clear to fly the following day.

My dad suggested going to the hospital for tropical diseases.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
you say you've ruled out anxiety, someone very close to me has suffered from anxiety and it is very connected to the gut, leading to symptoms that resemble IBS and nausea.

I'm sorry to hear you've been suffering for so long, but maybe its time to look for a cure in a new direction, have you tried acupuncture? have you seen a homeopathic doctor? Have you tried cutting out foods like meat, milk, and flour to see if it is an allergy based illness.

I hope you feel better.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Do you experience:
Headaches/migraines
earringing
pain or stress in neck and shoulders
heavy feeling in chest
palpitations
stomach problems
reflux
anxiety in muscles in belly
troubles with stool
feeling hot or cold
Concentration problems
problems with working memory
emotional distance
?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So sorry to read about this!! I have an odd question, do you ever get the feeling your mildly drunk even though you haven't been drinking? Another way to describe it is like a woozy feeling.

OiO

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sounds like it could be a concussion from the car crash. Symptoms don't always manifest quickly and can last a life time. Look at all of the ice hockey discussion on concussions. Many players hurt with concussions this season (probably will be known as the year of the concussion). Some of these players were hit hard at one point in the game, came back in that same game to score a goal and then we find out a day or two later they have a concussion.

By the way I'm not a doctor. Just giving my 2 cents. I hope you find relief. That would really really really suck!

link   
I feel sorry for you. I've always said I'd rather have a broken leg than feel nausea.

I've had 3 children and each time I suffered from nausea 24 hours a day for at least 4 months. It was ghastly. I remember crying and wanting to be dead, lol. I can laugh now it's over.

Another thing that used to give me severe nausea was the pill. So I stopped taking them and his nibs got snipped instead. He's still crying over that.

The connection = hormones. Perhaps you should have your hormone levels checked. Maybe you're producing too much of one?

Linky -- Nausea

h.Chronic nausea and vomiting may be caused by hormonal disorders (diabetes, pregnancy) or functional disorders, symptoms in the absence of specific abnormalities that can be identified on testing.

This is just one of many explanations included but there's a list of test the doctor can do to find the cause. I hope you're sorted quick fast , it might be serious.
I really do feel for you, it must be horrid. Try the pregnancy cure in the meantime. Glass of milk and some ginger snaps as soon as you wake up in the morning.

edit on 14-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

link   

A friend of mine has had the same problem. Her doctor finally diagnosed her with vertigo and I think some sort of strange problem with her inner ear. I cannot remember the name of it. Do you feel better under water a few feet or in a plane? It may have to do with a pressure imbalance in your ear. See an ear nose and throat doctor and go from there. I don't think its anything to do with your gut.

Also, depending on your views and location, I highly recommend medical marijuana. It is known to curb nausea. Also, eat ginger fresh. Put it in tea or eat it plain in a salad. Ginger helps the stomach, but if it is your inner ear, then that won't help.

link   
reply to post by el1jah

Yup, ive tried new diets etc.

Acupuncture does work, but at £50 a session its not practical. Id need to see them everyday, maybe twice a day to get rid of it. That works out at £700 a week. ($1120)
I was seeing one 3 times a week a couple of years ago, but realized...it only helps for a few hours after, so it was not worth carrying on with. I learnt pressure points, which sometimes help, but not always.

I dont believe in homeopathy, water with 1 part in a billion of something cannot do anything. This is very expensive too as far as im aware, so im not willing to take a gamble on it at this point.

I agree, i have anxiety, but that is due to the nausea and attempted murder.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Did this trip to Crete involve a plane ride or rides?

Middle Ear disturbances can cause constant nausea, even if you do not have any other ear problems, or dizziness. I have heard of several cases in which a person went on a trip and came back with middle ear problems. The pressure and so on deformed the middle ear....

Also perhaps a electroencephalogram is in order here. It is possible to be having seizures, without the typical seizure symptoms such as convulsions and so on.

Just wanted to add that, you don't HAVE to have all the symptoms of something for that to be it. You can have just one symptom and still possibly have that something.

Also, see another doctor... if one can't figure it out, try someone else.
edit on 14-3-2012 by LittleVoice731 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well the time for you to GIVE UP HOPE on conventional medicine has come, and the time to look into natural alternative methods has begun which actually WORK to HEAL rather than just "band-aid" the issue...

Perhaps you have one heck of a parasite in your digestive system that is causing this? DE-PARASITE even if you do not think it is the problem.

There are herbs that are extremely effective at ELIMINATING issues that CONventional medicine only relieves so that you KEEP paying the big Pharma a-holes to keep their profits up... YOU, the sick, is GOOD BUSINESS to them dirtbags...

I am IM'ing you something natural and available that I believe will WORK for you. It has been discussed on these forums a few times and is still very unheard of but is a MAJOR THORN in the back for big Pharma and their antibiotic poisons.

The time has begun for you to give up hope on CONventional medicine and now start getting BETTER.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Do you experience:
Headaches/migraines-------------Nope
earringing-----------Nope
pain or stress in neck and shoulders-----------Nope
heavy feeling in chest------------Nope
palpitations------------Occasionally
stomach problems-----------Occasionally
reflux--------Occasionally (hiatus hernia)
anxiety in muscles in belly------------Nope
troubles with stool-----------------Occasionally
feeling hot or cold-------------Nope
Concentration problems----------------Nope
problems with working memory--------------Sometimes
emotional distance----------Yup
?

Some of the questions im unsure of the meaning....for example the last one? Does that mean having no cares in the world?? If so then yea, i couldnt care if i were to be killed tomorrow....il take more risks because of this.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Sometimes, but i think that is due to the medication.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Maybe you should check for some form of parasitic infection within your prana suit/body.. Good Luck and sorry to hear of your dealings with the illness.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I get random bouts of naseau for a month at a time. But prednisone helps with it. Have you tried prednison?

Have you been checked for celiacs or allergies?

ARe there any medications you have been on for this duration?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I do use mj for this as its the only thing that makes me eat. BUT can we now subject get off of that subject before a mod decides this thread is about that, and that only

Ive had my ears checked in the past, that came back negative too

I flew to Crete on a plane and flew back. I think it was a 4-5 hour flight. Ive flown further in the past though, Mexico was 11 hours.

Sorry im trying to reply to everyone here haha

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

are you a chestbreather?

The emotional distance thing: avoiding emotional connections and bonding with others. Smiling while you feel sad. Feeling irritated. Feeling empty and not finding any "meaning in life"

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Ive been put on literally hundreds of different pills over the years. Most of them were for depression, so did nothing to help the nausea.

My doctors then tried about a dozen different anti nausea meds, but the best ones were Ondansetron. They dont like giving them to me because of the cost though, so its a constant battle getting hold of them! They try and give me Cyclizine instead, but after rowing with the docs they eventually give me the ones that work

Ive not been on a medication for the entire time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join