It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is sitting on 120 trillion cubic feet of recoverable gas reserves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is my first official post.
Israel is sitting on 120 trillion cubic feet of recoverable gas reserves and his neighbors Cyprus, Lebanon and Syria are looking to get an piece of it.
NY Times

This potentially will disrupt the entire region more so then already.
Cyprus as example in owned by Greece and Turkey. Now with Greece defaulted they could really want to have some hands on that gas and Turkey who is not to friendly towards Greece in regards to Cyprus would like to get some also.

Now that everyone is looking at Syria and his domestic handling of their politics is the reason why we should have action towards them but what if this is not the real motivation of this entire exercise.
What if this is all done for the gas in Israel and the potential action towards Iran that would be a side affect to this.

comments are welcome

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I can already see tomorrow's headlines.

"U.S. Intelligence Agencies find evidence that Israel was behind the September 11 Attacks"

/sarcasm

Israel invading themselves to exploit their own natural gas reserves? Huh?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

That could be possible if the gas is in Palestine territory and they never acknowledge them as a official state.
Could be that they knew for decades about this potential of natural resources.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sounds good to me

All we need to do is give Rupert Murdoch a hundred million dollars, he will tell the morons in the U.S Israel are communists that want to take away there freedoms with dirty bombs and then pay Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to stage a fake terrorist attack somewhere white people live, blame Israel then proceed to murder over half there population and steal all there resources.

Certainly nothing wrong with this plan.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

We have experience with executing on a plan like that.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

I do not think we need to do anything that already has been done.
Reuters

Noble Energy already signed an contract that they will be in charge of this project.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Sounds good to me

All we need to do is give Rupert Murdoch a hundred million dollars, he will tell the morons in the U.S Israel are communists that want to take away there freedoms with dirty bombs and then pay Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to stage a fake terrorist attack somewhere white people live, blame Israel then proceed to murder over half there population and steal all there resources.

Certainly nothing wrong with this plan.

those people who bribe your politicians year in year out wouldn't like to hear of their homeland being talked about that way...
in reality the conspiracy here is that...
isreal may have knew about this for years
it could be on disputed palestine land and kept from the palestinians by the isrealis
it could be the reason why the state of palestine hasnt been set up as fast as say isreal...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If you will take a quick look at a map of the find, you will notice much of it is in international waters.

Of course, this means those who are willing and able to exploit certain sectiions can do so.

There will, however, be some who will try to lay claim for the entire ocean out to the Staights of Gibralter, if any money or power can be gained from it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Trust me they have know about this for a while
And this is very much a PART of the current events
Just think back to who were the players in the freedom flotilla debacle and the events around that

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Insearchofthetruth1987

Are you serious, or are you being sarcastic?

I can list you a bunch of other reasons that Palestine is a desert wasteland... Israel is NOT one of them.

Maybe they should use the aide they are given to help the people, not for weapons.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Why is this in WW3 forum?

Are you automatically implying that either this gas or Israel are going to cause WW3??

Maybe this should be moved to middle east?
edit on 14-3-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This topic was well discussed when it broke that Greece and Turkey would start a world war over who actually own the Gas. Now Israel claims to own it?

edit on 14-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
This topic was well discussed when it broke that Greece and Turkey would start a world war over who actually own the Gas. Now Israel claims to own it?

edit on 14-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

It's an attempt to say: ''Hey guys, we got gas, please send us more weapons and money''.

Because what else do they have that is of value when it comes down to it?

Nothing.

new topics

top topics

join