It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betcha didn't see this coming...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have a 93 accord
just replaced the radiator in it.
no problem getting the part .
a-lot of these still rolling...

I can't bring myself to buy some thing new
while this still runs...

bank accounts grow when you don't have a car payment

letting some1 else hold onto your gold

if any1 needs any help with that U2U me I'll hold it for you
real good like

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Having some friends who own a junk yard i can vouch from what they have told me they get more money crushing cars and selling them for metal than they can selling parts off them. They had alot of old cars from the 60's and 70's they crushed out 2 years ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Star and Flag RedNeck. That's what I call thinking outside of the box.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
www.teamradiator.com...

Here is one for sale.

Here is another site.

www.shopcarparts.com...:Chevrolet,model:LUV,year:1980%29,AND%28universal:1%29%29&Vi=9941+4294962569+1588&y=1980 &mk=Chevrolet&md=LUV

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I saw that coming when the metal prices went up and everyone started to clean up the area. There is not much scrap left around here. Now metal prices can go up to extremely high rates and the common person has to pay more for everything without being able to challenge the Capitalistic system. Soon noone will be able to afford simple things and everything is deathdated to last only a short time. Those that control the metals control the world.

I can't say it's good or bad, that's the problem. It may be good in a sense that we cannot afford these things so they will not to have to be made. That's good for our environment. We really don't need much of what we think is essential in life. We have become spoiled beyond belief.

I bring stuff to the scrapyard and trade it for things I can use. I wind up paying one and a half times what I get for my metals but the scrapyard has to get what they would have made. That is the ultimate way to recycle. Most things need a little repair but will outlast anything that is made today. I understand that my actions are a threat to capitalism and that if everyone did things I did this would create a problem with our present weak economy. It's too late for most, all these things are already gone. People cleaned their homes already and have no backup anything. We have become vulnerable beyond belief to the powers that exist.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
RADIATOR.COM

Spendy yes, but available.

Funny thing for that truck; all kinds of emission control pieces are available.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't really see it as a conspiracy. There are many aftermarket companies that produce parts when manufacturers no longer do or when junk vehicles are unavailable.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Very interesting observation. I have noticed the only really good place to find parts is around the farm lands, looking at peoples yards you will find older vehicles. About precious metals, well my Grand Pappy used to say,"you can't eat gold and silver, and if people are hungry there won't be much bartering with out a pistol!"

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
CAR-PART.com

This is not an advertisement, but proof that you can search for any part, for any year. Based on the info in the OP, I entered 1980 chevy truck and radiator and there were many pages of it. Checked out parts on other 1980s cars and had no problem searching. Search by zip-code. Just because a few local junkyards dont carry something doesnt spell out conspiracy

I agree with you 100% about gold, but Im just not seeing it with cars. at least not with the junkyards in my neck of the woods, and not by the parts site either.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
Yip the 'rag an bone' man has been round almost weekly around here.

WOW - that's amazing. I hadn't seen a rag and bone man since I was about 5 years old (longer ago than I care to remember) but recently we've got one here too.

Must be a sign of the times.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.ebay.com... vxp=mtr

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My gut has told me for a while that the recent gold flap is fundamentally a hornswoggle, and there are going to be a lot of people left holding an empty bag.

People always think that alchemists wanted to make gold because it was always the reserve commodity, but I've come to suspect that that theory is actually backwards. Alchemists didn't want gold because it was the reserve commodity. Gold was the reserve precisely because it could be synthesised, which was precisely what allowed the cabal to manipulate things. They are magicians.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chevy369

Website shows it in stock... called and they do not have one.

Second link was to universals, and this thing has a little hole it needs to recess into. I really doubt a universal will fit without a lot of cutting and welding on the body.

reply to post by primus2012

Just for yucks, I called them again. Not in stock, just excuses and apologies for why it shows in stock on their website.

reply to post by LrBc1275

Found a 1979 within driving distance... waiting on the callback now. Here's hoping.

reply to post by drivebricker

Close! They changed radiators from 75-76... I need the later one.

Thanks to everyone for looking... keep it up; there has to be one out there somewhere.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Most things need a little repair but will outlast anything that is made today.

While this may not be true for cars, yesterday's cars are repairable at home. Open a hood on a car today and you'll need a road map to find the motor!

That was the whole idea behind letting my boy have this truck; it is still something that can be fixed under a shade tree.

Other things, though, you are spot on. Our first TV was a black-and-white Zenith that lasted for over ten years and finally was sold working like it was brand new. A TV that makes it three years today is a good TV. Furniture is more likely to be made of glued sawdust covered with veneer than to be made of actual wood.

And we somehow accept this without complaint.

It's all about 'growing' the economy on the backs of those who can least afford it.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
No comment on the lack of older cars in junkyards, it's just the result of greed... I'm in the process of completely customizing one of my 1997 Rivieras. If you want a part for anything other than the main engine components (3800 Series IIs are incredibly common) you have to either find them on Ebay (smashed tail light was roughly $200 to replace, sliding "R" emblem trunk lock cover was another $40) or have them fabricated (one fender was smashed in, had to replace BOTH with custom fiberglass). It really is a PITA.

On the other hand, what motor is it? I'm guessing not a 4 bolt 350? Have you measured and checked other model/make sizes? My replacement radiator came out of a 4.0 Aurora V8 and it fits fine and hasn't given me any problems.

Edit: Sorry, missed the LUV, definitely not a 350 (unless he does to cars what I do)... A friend I used to live with had an Isuzu version of that truck and it turned out that a Toyota (Nissan? Don't remember now, that was about 15 years ago) radiator out of one of their small pickups went in with a little work and did just fine. Hope that helps.
edit on 3/15/12 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
While this may not be true for cars, yesterday's cars are repairable at home. Open a hood on a car today and you'll need a road map to find the motor!

That's an understatement. Mechanical fuel pumps and a carb mean all you need is thumbs and you can fix it in your driveway. I've had I don't even know how many problems with the fuel system on both of my newer Rivs. $560+ for a new fuel pump in one.

As for the road map comment, I have some real horror stories. Like the Lotus Esprit TT 5th gen that a regular at the shop I worked at brought in every 3 months. And early-mid 2000s Corvettes. Holy hell. Getting the wires out of the way takes longer that the repairs.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

But its soooo pretty and shiiiiny.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I own a 67 buick Electra, a 47 dodge truck, a 47 McCormick Cub, a 63 dump truck, and some newer vehicles. I can repair just about anything. It's possible to retrofit a radiator in that Luv truck, just gotta find one that can be used. a couple of those clips and a drill and maybe some sheet steel may be required. A plasma cutter makes that kind of stuff easier but there are other ways. I seem to have misplaced my box, anyone see one laying around?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Rednecks aren't what they used to be, get a radiator off a big truck and weld some mounts to the front of the vehicle and then make up a protective grill to cover it. Just don't crash into anything solid

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind!

But the fact is my boy doesn't want anything rigged up like that. You're right; rednecks aren't what they used to be. In the old days I would have tied one onto the grill with wire ties, duct taped the edges for looks, and bragged about it.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join