It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats, You Fooled Me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Doing a bit of looking around on the web, and figured out the US Treasury DOES print money. This whole time I thought that on the FED could print money. I guess the millions of people who told me that were a bunch of liars.
"US Treasury can't print money, only the FED can do that". So good job, you fooled me!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yes although both parties have a hand in it.

The Treasury handles the actual physical printing of the currency, while the Fed is the controller.
The Treasury cannot print currency without the directive of the Fed, and the Fed cant print currecncy without the Treasury to do so for them.

I remember learning this in like 6th grade civics, and then becoming confused as an adult probably by the same people that you were talking about.

Just goes to show you 12 year me was much smarter than 32 year old me...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Well, yeah: In very technical terms the Fed cannot print money. They just order it up and have Treasury print it. Treasury can print money; they're the ones with the equipment--but only under orders of the Fed.

What's the difference? For all practical purposes, only the Fed is printing money....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
.....and considering most money isn't even tangible, i.e. printed, but created through computer transactions, the fed in essence is the controlling body of our currency.

top topics

join