It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Veterns Demand Dem. Party Remove American Flag Altered with Obama Image

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yes get riled and rallied, to defend the flag and the laws that protect it, people. Because # your rights and the laws that protect them.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Well there's is one flag i wouldn't care got burned the simple fact only 2 bit dictators put their face on a flag.

There is a reason it's called the stars and stripes and it not meant to be advertising for the Democratic party many presidents have come before Obama many will come after him.

The left is arrogant the flag is proof of this and it is disrespectful.

Really Neo? Abraham Lincoln is a two-bit dictator? And William McKinley as well? OK, I guess that's your opinion.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Yawn yeah it is my opinion the simple fact Lincoln was a dictator so much they he got killed for it.

So the reference to Llincoln not such a great one.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
While the flag in question was certainly tacky, I don't feel that it violated any laws and the owners should be allowed to fly it if they want.

It's NOT a United States flag, nor has it ever been. If they had deconstructed/cut/sewed a new blue field onto an existing US flag things would have been different, however these were manufactured as seen. Having alternating red and white stripes does not make it a US flag. Having a blue field in the upper corner doesn't make it a US flag.

If having alternating red and white stripes and a blue field in the corner make it a US flag, someone better tell the Malaysians, because their flag has the same general features.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Oh Great. Now this will give the Harper government some new ideas. After all, he ordered that all references to the Government of Canada be changed to read The Harper Government in official documents etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have a recurring string of comedy that comes to mind when looking through this world.

I picture Obama with a Hitler stash and that bad haircut. I imagine masses of morons throwing Qurans into large bon fires and shouting "hail Obama. Sieg heil !"

Then they parade the oil tankers and flat beds full of gold bullion from the conquered Middle Eastern countries before their fuhrer

and after the processions I imagine an angry Obama punching the podium and pointing to world map being erased by over grown boy scouts and filled with little American flags.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Vets in Spotlight After Flag Fuss

...veterans Jim Bradford and Don Van Beck said they have received numerous phone calls from all over the country -- California being the farthest -- where Americans were applauding their efforts and radio and television outlets were requesting interviews.

The veterans wanted the media attention on the issue to raise awareness that there may be other desecrated flags flying in the country.
"People have been asking what they can do to help," Bradford said. "They may be flying this flag at other Democratic offices."

I would be very surprised if this kind of flag was flying at any other Democratic offices. I can't imagine this one incident would represent the feelings of most Democrats. Sure, maybe Chris Matthews, but after three years of Barack Obama being in the spot light, I don't think there are as many Democrats fainting over him like they did during the 2008 elections.

"I think there is a real need for this for this to take hold around the United States that they don't allow this to happen any more," Van Beck added. "If Newt Gingrich's face had been on a flag, we would have done the same thing."

I believe Jim Bradford when he told me over the phone yesterday that he isn't apporaching this as a political issure.
Age is irrelevant, once a Jarhead, always a Jarhead. Once a soilder, always a soilder.
Do our Veterns have to fight yet another battle? Are we so disfunctional that we can't preserve the respect Old Glory deserves?
Do we need our Grandfathers and Great-Grandfathers (Mothers) to preserve America's Pride? I don't think so... I hope not.
One could make the issue that this particular disgusting flag isn't the American flag defaced, and one could be 100% politically correct but it IS disrespecting Old Glory and every American who lives here, and who died for her freedom (America).

edit on 15-3-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

I believe Jim Bradford when he told me over the phone yesterday that he isn't apporaching this as a political issure.
Age is irrelevant, once a Jarhead, always a Jarhead. Once a soilder, always a soilder.
Do our Veterns have to fight yet another battle? Are we so disfunctional that we can't preserve the respect Old Glory deserves?
Do we need our Grandfathers and Great-Grandfathers (Mothers) to preserve America's Pride? I don't think so... I hope not.
One could make the issue that this particular disgusting flag isn't the American flag defaced, and one could be 100% politically correct but it IS disrespecting Old Glory and every American who lives here, and who died for her freedom (America).

Again, this isn't an issue of politics, but rather an issue of ignorance and blind loyalty to an object rather than the ideals that said symbol represents.

Again I ask, if we count this as a US flag, where do we draw the line? Should any flag with stripes be banned? This is not the freedom that I swore to protect.

As a US military veteran, wife of a US military veteran, mother to two US military veterans, sister of three US military veterans, daughter of a US military veteran, granddaughter of two US military veterans, and niece of several US military veterans, I'd say that we served to preserve freedom and choice, not useless restriction and regulation.

Rather than fight over a useless flag depicting the image of a useless president, these veterans should direct their energies towards preserving true freedom.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Attorney Threatens to Sue Lake Democrats

According to Mr. Thompson, this is in fact defacing our flag.

Dear Ms. Hurlbert:
You have indicated to the media that you may, in the future, again violate again the law by flying an American flag with the image of Barack Obama on it.

You are hereby given notice that if you do not inform me, by return email at the above email address, that you and the Lake County Democratic Party will NEVER do this again, then I shall file a civil action seeking a writ of prohibition, as provided by Florida statutory law, in order to secure, as I shall, a court order prohibiting you from doing so.

The fact that there is no criminal penalty for doing such a foolish thing does not mean there is not a civil remedy for it. There is. Therefore, you have until five o'clock p.m., Wednesday, March 21, to inform me of your decision, after which I shall proceed.

The attorney ended the email with words: "Please govern yourself accordingly."

He has practiced law for 32 years, he said, and has been a guest on FOX News many times, along with 60 Minutes and the Today Show.
He has practiced law for 32 years, he said, and has been a guest on FOX News many times, along with 60 Minutes and the Today Show.

"I've been on probably 300 national and international TV shows about the First Amendment, so I believe I understand the First Amendment and what it allow and what it doesn't allow and that (flag story) caught my ear," Thompson said. "I think clearly the Democratic Party is in the wrong here, and I believe there is a remedy at law to prevent them from ever doing it again."

The attorney said the controversial flag has nothing to do with politics.

"For me and I don't think for these veterans, it's not a Republican versus Democrat, liberal versus conservative issue," Thompson said. "This is a matter for partisan purposes, defacing our national flag and symbol and it would be just as inappropriate if someone were to put the image of George Washington on it."

The attorney said the flag code, which has been passed by Congress and signed into law, is binding.

"There are no criminal remedies for doing whatever you want to do with the flag," Thompson said. "But, I read the law and my understanding of the First Amendment and the remedies available, is that civil action would be appropriate and also is winnable in a situation like this."

Thompson said he plans to look into who is manufacturing and marketing the Obama flag, and he is considering a civil suit to restrain the flags from being made and flown.

This is great news. It needs to be addressed, attacked and harnessed as soon as possible.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
Attorney Threatens to Sue Lake Democrats

According to Mr. Thompson, this is in fact defacing our flag.

This is great news. It needs to be addressed, attacked and harnessed as soon as possible.

Not to be argumentative, but The attorney in question, Jack Thompson, was PERMANENTLY DISBARRED by the Florida Supreme Court for inappropriate conduct, including making false statements to tribunals and disparaging and humiliating litigants.

Having features similar to those found on a US flag doesn't make it a US flag. Absent a finding that the flag in question was an altered US flag, the democrats have every right to fly it if they choose. Flying that flag is not a criminal offense. Threatening and harassing them for flying it, however, could be.

Attorney threatens to sue Lake Dems
edit on 3/16/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: Add link to news article

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Too many people were fooled by the flag while driving by, glancing at it.

Your posts are wonderful, thank you for sharing, it's keeping me grounded... somewhat

***Edited post due to replying before fully reading material and consulting various persons in question, I will re-post in greater detail as soon as it's possible***
edit on 16-3-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
That is very sickening. This guy on the flag?

Really?

This county makes me sick. Let's hurry up and get those Obama dollars too. [Sick]

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
commentary of "Obama flag"

Obama Flag (by: Tom Carrier - 3/14/2012)
As a vexillologist (study of flags and seals), the Obama image on the flag does not violate the Flag Code as the stars do not appear behind the image. It is therefore a US-inspired flag, but not the official one.
What does violate the Flag Code is its placement. No commercial flag may fly underneath the US flag on the same pole. Only a local government, state or MIA flag may fly under the US flag on the same pole

If this man is correct, had stars appeared behind the Obama image, it would have violated the Flag Code because it would have been considered a US flag. .
He further claims, the flag was ,in fact, in violation of the Flag Code because it is a commercial flag and commercial flags are not to be displayed under the US Flag. .

edit on 18-3-2012 by sweetliberty because: clarity

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresenttense
reply to post by Skewed

Before I say what I have to say, know this: I think the Obama flag is tacky and a bit silly.

However, the U.S. code states that nothing should be placed "upon" a flag, or "attached" to a flag. In this case, nothing has been placed upon or attached to a U.S. flag. In actuality, this is a flag that looks very similar to a U.S. flag, but it is not a U.S. flag that has been added to. We see all sorts of products (clothes, posters, hats, etc.) with stars and strips, or just stripes, or just stars, along with political figures' likenesses and slogans all the time. This one just happens to be in the shape of a flag.

If someone had taken a picture of Obama and tacked it onto an actual U.S. flag, then I believe that would be in violation of the U.S. flag code.

People in the Democrat Party ought to know better than to place that monstrosity directly below a real US flag. What the Democrat Party is saying is that Obama is something really special and he is their savior and his efforts to effect the change the Fabian Society would like to have is supposed to be revered as the US flag is revered. Those of us who know the real Obama is nothing but a Marxist change agent understand what the Democrat Party is doing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join