Originally posted by DavidWillts
Yeah, group mentality is never wrong...
Your attack on democracy is based on a faulty knowledge of history.
Hitler never won a democratic election. The Nazi party, even at its best, won only a minority of German votes.
In Saudi, where there is no democracy, only the will of Allah, we have
(1) All Saudi women must have a male guardian, who has the right to control marriage, travel, education and opening a bank account.
(2) Saudi women can't vote.
(3) Saudi women can be charged with prostitution for socializing with a man who is not a relative or husband.
(4) Saudi women must cover all of the body except the hands and eyes.
(5) Sex segregation is expected in public. Women and men must minimize social interaction. Most offices, banks, and universities have separate
entrances for men and women.
(6) Women’s freedom of movement is very limited in Saudi Arabia. They are not supposed to leave their houses or their local neighbourhood without
the permission of their male guardian, and company of a mahram (close male relative).
(7) There are no laws defining the minimum age for marriage in Saudi Arabia. Most religious authorities have justified the marriage of girls as young
(8) Under Sharia law a rape victim is often punished.
In the Qatif girl rape case, an 18-year old victim of kidnapping and gang rape was sentenced by a Saudi court to six months in prison and 200 lashes.
I would take Bush and Obama any day before the will of Allah in Saudi.