It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many dead children threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This forum is called Social Issues. It isn't called Dead Children.

Kids kill each other sometimes. It happens. Maybe I'm just callous, but at this point I don't particularly view kids killing each other as being inherently more shocking than adults doing it. As such, I for one don't particularly need to hear about every re-enactment of the James Bolger incident that occurs on the planet. Posting these doesn't really accomplish anything other than rubbernecking, where we can all sit here and agree in shocked tones about how apocalyptically depraved the world is becoming.

Ditto for autistic child sob stories. I had an autistic diagnosis when I was 16, and yes, I was treated so badly at school that I wound up in a psychiatric inpatient unit for two months after I left. However, life goes on. These sorts of things aren't news, and I don't particularly care about them. There is nothing we can do about them, and I don't feel as though we gain anything by even talking about them, to be honest.

As a third point, while we're on the subject, I really think it's time to get off the police brutality bandwagon in this subforum, as well. I include myself in this, as I've posted a lot of stories about it at times, too, and I shouldn't have. Yes, we know that there are corrupt, psychopathic police in the world; but again, other than making us feel helpless and potentially suicidal, I'm not sure what wallowing in story after story about the most recent mentally disturbed child or member of the elderly to have been blown away by some craven, deranged pig, really does for us in positive or beneficial terms.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Maybe,you didnt get the memo.......
Social Issues and Civil Unrest: Discussion of increasing civil unrest, inspired by the citizenry's distrust or anger toward their government throughout the world. This forum is also for the examination of government corruption, mismanagement, or other issues in social programs, the arts, and immigration.

Many people are "mad" that the police,dont do the right thing,botch up investigations........IE; in cases like Casey Anthony.
Many feel like the police are out of control.

Injustice Everywhere

You cant "regulate" what people say.............

Who is petrus4 ? And Why does he feel he needs to control,what people say?

Thats my question,to you.....

Have a great day!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Maybe I'm just callous,

Maybe.

As a third point, while we're on the subject, I really think it's time to get off the police brutality bandwagon in this subforum, as well...I'm not sure what wallowing in story after story about the most recent mentally disturbed child or member of the elderly to have been blown away by some craven, deranged pig, really does for us in positive or beneficial terms.

As far as your stance on discussing police brutality, I think it is beneficial for people to be aware of what is going on around them, especially keeping an eye on those that claim to have authority over others.
edit on 14-3-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

The OP has been starred; so obviously someone agrees with me.

Also, as far as this forum being about social unrest goes, I get the feeling that the intent was probably to try and analyse the reasons behind said social unrest; not to simply document every cop out there who feels like impersonating Judge Dredd.

In other words, the point is to post thought provoking material; and reports of crimes, by themselves, don't necessarily tell us anything about why they are happening.
edit on 14-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by sonnny1

The OP has been starred; so obviously someone agrees with me.

Also, as far as this forum being about social unrest goes, I get the feeling that the intent was probably to try and analyse the reasons behind said social unrest; not to simply document every cop out there who feels like impersonating Judge Dredd.

In other words, the point is to post thought provoking material; and reports of crimes, by themselves, don't necessarily tell us anything about why they are happening.
edit on 14-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

I dont agree with you.

But guess what....I will star and Flag your thread,cause im talking with ya.......doesn't mean I agree with your premise.

CONTROL,of what you want to read and not want to read,is easy. DONT read it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
calm down sir or i will have to taser you!!!
holy cow you seem to have a lot of built up anger!
perhaps a punching bag would help,and i don't mean your wife.
take a miniute to smell the roses!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Maybe try this forum out.
www.disboards.com...

new topics

top topics

join