It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-48: Debunking Kasher's Five "It-Can't-Be-Ice" Proofs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by JimOberg

Sorry Jim but I gotta call it like i see it, I would call this pseudo-debunking

The objects move under intelligent control for one , the size of these objects passing behind the tether as well. I mean you just cant explain that away in a logical manner and keep a straight face. I guess my only question is how much are they paying you and where do i sign up?

edit on 26-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

I take it you haven't seen the video regarding this NO huge object passed behind the tether!!!
edit on 26-3-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The objects move under intelligent control for one , the size of these objects passing behind the tether as well. I mean you just cant explain that away in a logical manner and keep a straight face. I guess my only question is how much are they paying you and where do i sign up?

How did you determine their size and that they were passing behind the tether?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

Originally posted by JimOberg
*snip* and somehow I'm supposed to be the guy without evidence?

last time we were discussing said data... you were still looking for it, which btw was presented to you... www.abovetopsecret.com... and funny enough you want those who are questioning said 'prosaic' stance to "agree" with you so that you will have some kinda motivation to dig up further? weird...

You beat me to it yes i remember that thanks for the link. Jim seems to have misplaced them or lost them. How convenient, one would think Jim is notbeing completly honest.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

You are not alone...The tether incident not ice & UFO Hunters is pathetic. And if the tether UFOs are so obviously nothing at all...then why are so many people making new TV shows to examine &/or debunk it along with the other NASA videos.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

*snip* and somehow I'm supposed to be the guy without evidence?

last time we were discussing said data... you were still looking for it, which btw was presented to you... www.abovetopsecret.com... and funny enough you want those who are questioning said 'prosaic' stance to "agree" with you so that you will have some kinda motivation to dig up further? weird...

You beat me to it yes i remember that thanks for the link. Jim seems to have misplaced them or lost them. How convenient, one would think Jim is notbeing completly honest.

Are we seeing a dictionary definition of 'deflection'? Seems like a good ego-defense strategy, but how well has it advanced ufology in half a century?

Kasher will be speaking on Tuesday's 'Science channel' program, and me , too. Let's see how they are edited.

His 'five proofs' are still bunk, whether you ever want to speak about them, or just call them names and run away.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dejarmaX

NASA had no intention of 'showing' the tether video with all the UFOs. When it broke & finally drifted away, NASA asked the crew to try & get a shot. They did (at 70 N.miles)...& NASA used the only method they had to see it. That was the live downlink. It was analogue & not compressed. Only 1 feed at a time in 1996. After it was aired openly...(& shocking everyone who saw it) it was pulled & never was seen again. It was not in the ' flight day highlights'!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller

NASA had no intention of 'showing' the tether video with all the UFOs. When it broke & finally drifted away, NASA asked the crew to try & get a shot. They did (at 70 N.miles)...& NASA used the only method they had to see it. That was the live downlink. It was analogue & not compressed. Only 1 feed at a time in 1996. After it was aired openly...(& shocking everyone who saw it) it was pulled & never was seen again. It was not in the ' flight day highlights'!

Buzz, in your recollection, how long was the crew watching the tether before it got out to 70 N miles?

All shuttle downlink is digital, by the way. Did you dream up that 'analog' faux-fact, too?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

How did you determine their size and that they were passing behind the tether?

Seemed a simple enough question.

Also, how did you arrive at the conclusion that they were moving under intelligent control?
edit on 26-3-2012 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Buzz, in your recollection, how long was the crew watching the tether before it got out to 70 N miles?

All shuttle downlink is digital, by the way. Did you dream up that 'analog' faux-fact, too?

Jim...the crew spent a lot of time before they found the tether...the ground control was almost panicing!

and Jim...you have TOTALLY shaken any confidence I had that you were a straight shooter! My goodness...you know full well Jim, that the STS 75 was 100% analogue. Period.

Thus you are telling ME & ATS members that everything you keep insisting is fact..is suspect. If you truly think it was digital.. & you have put that in your calculations & conclusions, ...why no wonder you are so off on the video.

You also missed the "used tether" .. that was reused on flight STS 75 from STS 46..as I recall..you at first knew zip about that!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Jim...the crew spent a lot of time before they found the tether...the ground control was almost panicing!

Seriously, How long? Minutes? Hours? Days?

Panic? Did Chuck Shaw tell you that? Do you know who Chuck shaw was?

and Jim...you have TOTALLY shaken any confidence I had that you were a straight shooter! My goodness...you know full well Jim, that the STS 75 was 100% analogue. Period.

Gosh, when I took my classes in shuttle data and telemetry systems, and passed them, are you telling me the instructors and workbooks were falsified? Or the operations manuals for the cameras -- linked from my own website, by the way -- are counterfeit?

'Period', or 'question mark'??

Thus you are telling ME & ATS members that everything you keep insisting is fact..is suspect. If you truly think it was digital.. & you have put that in your calculations & conclusions, ...why no wonder you are so off on the video.

"Off" in your frame of reference, I don't doubt. But "right on" regarding the technologies involved, I'm confident -- not because of my self-measured self-judging self-serving confidence, but from the training programs I was put through to be certified as an operator in Mission Control.

You also missed the "used tether" .. that was reused on flight STS 75 from STS 46..as I recall..you at first knew zip about that!

I don't doubt that's the way you 'recall' it, but for the life of me I can't find any record that I made an issue of it -- and if I did, quickly realized it was indeed the reused tether. Your not relying on some hearsay from Martyn Stubbs, are you? You do know that I wrote the flight procedures manual for space tether operations for NASA, don't you? It was reviewed and published officially. Are you suggesting somehow that they were sloppy in believing what I wrote?

But for those who came in late to this feud, the only current reality is that we're all clearly seeing an unbroken string of excuses NOT to discuss the accuracy of this thread's theme, the debunking of Kasher's 'five proofs it can't be ice".

The steasdfast refusal of ANYONE to step forward and defend those 'proofs', and instead relying on attacking my credibility, is pretty strong evidence related to judging their reliability, I suggest.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Your not relying on some hearsay from Martyn Stubbs, are you?

I'm guessing he is.

musiccanada.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Your not relying on some hearsay from Martyn Stubbs, are you?

I'm guessing he is.

musiccanada.wordpress.com...

Wow!

Buzz E. Miller (real name Martyn Stubbs)

Isn't there some 'terms of service' taboo on masquerading as an alias?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

NASA had no intention of 'showing' the tether video with all the UFOs.
Why go live? How many pieces of NASA footage out there that allegedly depict strange goings on, according to some? hmmm?? Once maybe but are those at NASA really that stupid to 'keep on' allowing live footage to be seen & downloaded by the general public!?! Especially when it's something they allegedly do not want us plebs (the general public) to see? Do you honestly believe this to be the case here?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well there you go again...picking on someone who is accurate re Analogue. You called me back to ATS as you made a huge mistake & you know it!

I, Martyn Stubbs, am not dead..& would appreciate you not continuing that narrative. I have not been ill since 2003, thank you.

You may think you know what you are talking about...but you are in my area of expertise...T.V.

So Jim Oberg, call some NASA friend because this digital debate is ignorant. Please check with someone you trust & who won't laugh at you because you are way off.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So..there is my first post as a new member & FYI...E Buzz Miller is the name that Dan Ackroyd used on SNL!! So you must have dissed Dan??

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This renewed attack on the STS 48 footage is going to be re hashed on the TV show you are promoting. I have worked with Discovery LLC......but the program is called UFOs-or NO. So I can not know if it is the same show as you were told it was... but I'm sure it will be full of the usual B.S.

but just showing those clips will be good enough as most people tune out the Oberg/skeptic crap anyway!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I know everything that you have thrown at the STS 48 UFO footage has not had any traction ...But Jim you lucked out with Jack K.s analysis as it is flawed & Jeff S. (MUFON) is full of himself.

I sent Jeff S. (&MUFON) the STS 48 footage originally, as I had got a copy from the fellow who recorded it & then added his voice over... which was an appeal to his congressman! Jeff buried that report, although I got a copy & I can not understand why he did not let it out (I am very tempted to release it!)..so I do not fully trust MUFON.

There is more footage on that master, than the small slice you think you studied, Jim...but it is not my footage so that is all I will say about that.(for the moment)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by martynNASAman
This renewed attack on the STS 48 footage is going to be re hashed on the TV show you are promoting. I have worked with Discovery LLC......but the program is called UFOs-or NO. So I can not know if it is the same show as you were told it was... but I'm sure it will be full of the usual B.S.

but just showing those clips will be good enough as most people tune out the Oberg/skeptic crap anyway!
After all this time people are still capitalizing on this footage!?!? Yeah great, why not!! The gullible will always keep the few laughing all the way to the bank-- bless em.... How long did it take for the gullible to finally realize the: 'alien autopsy' footage was a fake created to earn money for those involved!?!? Oh to live in a fantasy world--- it must be bliss!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Jim Oberg...as one of the 4 people you called out earlier as giving deliberate non information re: the videos ...you are wrong..you are the one who gives non info. or should I say wrong info! Your former ATS posts re your being informed by me of the tether switch to a used STS 46 tether,
... makes it clear that you knew nothing about it.

You called me delusional! ...yet I was right as I posted the press conference...!!

& now in 2012 here you are with a new narrative..you always knew. B.S.

Check out your own posting history Jim.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

And what the heck do you know..have you ever seen the masters, or even watched a 2 week spaceflight completely. Throwing out that curios people are 'idiots' means you are just a bully...

..do some work on your own & don't just follow Jim..live your own life >He is "yesterdays man"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join