It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to Get 5000 US Smart Bombs, Bunker Busters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

spacer graphic USA
Haaretz: Israel to Get 5000 US Smart Bombs, Bunker Busters
VOA News
21 Sep 2004, 12:40 UTC
Email this article to a friend. Printer Friendly Version

An Israeli newspaper says the United States plans to sell Israel nearly 5,000 smart bombs, including 500 one-ton "bunker buster" bombs that can penetrate two-meter thick concrete walls.

The Haaretz newspaper reported Tuesday that funding for the $319 million weapons deal would come from the U.S. military aid to Israel.

According to the report, the U.S. Defense department pushed for deal to maintain, what the newspaper calls, Israel's military advantages and ensure U.S. strategic and tactical interests.

Citing a senior Israeli security source, Reuters news agency said the type of weapons sought under the deal are not needed for use in Palestinian territories, but "bunker busters" could serve Israel against Iran or possibly Syria.

VOA News

What a great message to the Arab countries.
I'm sure this will not cause proliferation on their side.
Bravo.
[ note sarcasm ]

[edit on 21-9-2004 by psilocin]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The only bad news is they didn't get 10,000

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
holy #! they're gonna bomb irans nuclear facilities! THEY'RE GONNA BOMB IRANS NUCLEAR FACILITIES! ill put 20 bucks on this. they did it to iraq's nuc reactor in the 1980's. Osiraq i think it was called. but they will probally do it again.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The only bad news is they didn't get 10,000

Yep that is the only bad news. America should give israel much more weapons in order to end the military threat posed by Syria and Iran.

[edit on 9/21/2004 by verfed]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
isreal could take the entire middle east if they wanted to.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
They could be like Gengis Khan. He conquered and destroyed a lot of the world but he couldn't hold it because he had to few numbers of men in his army. The Israeli army as less then half a million troops in the Israeli Air Force and Israeli Defence Force. Still they could cause quite a lot of damage and turn the Arab countries into a dustbowl. Oh wait they already are a dustbowl!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't see anything to be cheerful about. Read the article. It comes from our tax money. In the meantime, school teachers here in the US just lost tax breaks for buying school supplies out of their own pocket, which in some places they have to do because school district doesn't have money for the materials in the classroom. And if you have to buy prescription drugs, like I do...

Put America first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why is America arming a rogue nation? (comon' now we all now Israel is a rogue nation) This will just lead to more unstability in the middle east and looks very threatening for either Syria or Iran. I don't like what I see brewing in the future.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
isreal could take the entire middle east if they wanted to.

They've been wanting to for a while. Maybe the new shipment is a prelude of bigger things shaping up. Maybe there's something the two governments are keeping from it's citizen's, like an all out onslaught on Iran.
I'm just speculating.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
the main target here is Iran...
Syria? thay're a joke!

Iran is the one with nuclear facilities and they're possibly underground! now consider the fact that israel has air superiority over the region and they just got 5,000 smart bombs, including bunker busters for... FREE!!!

whats next?

the answer is:
ISRAELI PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE ON IRANIAN NUCLEAR FACILITIES

this is inevitable. the mission will be successful and their planes will return home safely.

Iran simply dont have radars that can pick up enemy jets flying 10 feet off the ground.
Although Iran(non-nuclear power) have the Shihab-3, it simply cant risk a war with a tiny country that has over 300 nukes.

If Iran does retaliate, then...well...wat can i say? it was nice knowing the Iranian people...May God be with them...

the only good thing about Iran retaliating is that ill be able to go there and make money by opening up a HUGE parking lot

I'M RICH B@#***!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Israeli nukes should be confiscated and destroyed

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Let's hope Russia and North Korea follow up with shipments of arms to Iran to even things out.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Let's hope Russia and North Korea follow up with shipments of arms to Iran to even things out.

You know, these might already be taking place. I'm just wondering...

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
Why is America arming a rogue nation? (comon' now we all now Israel is a rogue nation) This will just lead to more unstability in the middle east and looks very threatening for either Syria or Iran. I don't like what I see brewing in the future.

Knock knock knock, hey Israel a rogue nation? I have absolutely no idea where you get this from. They had to defend themselves for almost 60 years from threats that surround them. The only help they got was from the U.S.

What about Iran, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and former Iraq? Egypt is the only nation in the Middle East that recognizes Israel's right to exist. And leading towards further instability in the region? I think the region has reached the pinnacle of instabiliy. Somethings got to give. If the enemy doesn't want to negotiate peace with what has already been offered, then we must move on to Plan B.

[edit on 21/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Israeli nukes should be confiscated and destroyed

Come on now Aelita! What's the fun in building them when you can't use them?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Iran nuke facilities are in far east of Iran. They are not in hardended underground sites but in trailers that can be moved in less than 15 minutes notice. Israeli jets flying undetected for 1,000 miles across Iranian airspace is not going to work. Ground attack through covert agents would have better effect. Piss off the world enough with attacking sovereign countries and maybe Russia will just donate some nukes to Iran. They have Middle East interests also.

Peace and Diplomacy > War in this case.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If the US is indeed against prolifieration of nukes, this policy should cover Israel, to make the standing against Iran more legitimate.

Does Israel occupy any land it took from its neighbors? I'm not an expert in history, but I'm pretty sure it does.

I saw a program on TV where an Israli woman said (in Hebrew, of course) that they (the Isralis) need this land more than Arabs, and they can work it better than the Arabs. While the latter is true, this whole attitude "we are better and we deserve to take this land" kinda stinks.

We need alternative energy sources and quit dependency on oil, and leave the Middle East for good.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Iran supposedly has 8 nuclear warheads, so I dont know if i'd push em.

Iran has said repeatedly that if Isreal does a pre-emptive strike then there will be nothing to hold Iran back from crushing them.

and before it gets asked, No, United States will not help Isreal, were only helping them with bombs, technology, money, basically everything except involving our military, well actually I dissagree with what I just said, cause if Isreal does do a pre-emptive, then the US will know before hand and might cordinate an attck on all the known Nuclear Facilities, but it will be nuclear facilities only, they will not bomb any other military targets.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

We need alternative energy sources and quit dependency on oil, and leave the Middle East for good.

It's not just about oil, though that's a huge thing. It's keeping world dependent on a resource we control and geopolitical control of Central Asia to maintain Western rule.

Of course we could also spend a few trillion on creating alternate forms of energy and make the Middle East obsolete since we control that energy. That's thinking a bit too hard though I guess for our leaders, so they prefer time-proven methods.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Can't get any more anti-Semitic than this statement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join