It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Firetruck is Fran Drescher in the middle of my screen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I love ATS but cannot stand Fran Drescher!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is a business and they probably got paid a bazillion dollars to put that ad there but seriously.....
Fran Firetrucken Drescher!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In protest to this abuse of my senses I will not be posting or logging into ATS for a week, hopefully when I get back shes gone.

See ya all in a week

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
OK....

I logged out but Immediately got withdrawal symptoms.

*Hugs screen with ATS logo on it*
Im sorry, I didnt mean to get mad. Lets never fight again
*kisses screen lovingly*

Fine Ill still log in and post but Im not happy about it

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It is seriously doing my head in. You can't get rid of the bloody thing either.... Who, that comes to ATS is going to be watching this knid of programming?

edit on 14-3-2012 by faceofcydonia because: Spelling sucks

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i expect it will only have gotten worse when you return.

ATS seems to have completely sold out.

i don't know how many weeks now there is a stupid bloody nun with devil eyes flashing on my screen.

and now when i go to the new topics page add are popping up in the middle of it , blocking material and have no litte 'x' in the corner to shut it down.

site is turning into a complete joke.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think it's totally appropriate to have a short video of an alien pop up when you log in to ATS.

If someone on ATS can't make a conspiracy theory about Fran Drescher then we aren't doing our jobs here.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Iam not sure but I think google looks for what you look at on your comp and puts ads up for you personally.
My ATS is full of scientology ads because I visited their site once.
Bill Hicks was right if you work in marketing just kill yourself....
Ad's are the biggest pet hate of mine I buy things (brands) on purpose if I have not seen an ad of theirs.
But advert's pay for the site's servers so we have to put up with them....Oh Oh Oh What I really hate is ad's with sound
when wearing headphones I jump outa my skin

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
I think it's totally appropriate to have a short video of an alien pop up when you log in to ATS.

If someone on ATS can't make a conspiracy theory about Fran Drescher then we aren't doing our jobs here.

Challenge Accepted!!!!!!!

Im off for dinner now but by the time I get back Ill have a Fran Drescher conspiracy ready to go

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
OMFG!!I thought i was the only one who wanted to punch my computer!!.I hate her sooo much.You are my new best friend.I would rather take money from Mitt romney then have to see or hear her disgusting face on my pc..I am so sick of seeing these shows talking about how great divorce is.Believe me it's only good for the female as she gets to ruin the rest of the mans life..Child support,allimony,seeing your kid 4 days a month,oh they got it figured out..I thank god i only fu and had one kid and in 4 years i am done paying them anything..I really feel sorry for the poor sucker who has 2 or three of the little ungrateful sob and and is really screwed.I tell all young man to get a vasctomy at 18 because it ain't like you think it's gonna be..not anymore..Our country has castrated the males and turned them into a bunch of sissy girls..Thanx for the post my friend,you made my day!!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It blocks out a couple popular threads and it has no X to close it out.

It's almost as obnoxious as the enormous douche that always looks like he's about to cry on the homepage.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What the fella above me said,, im logging out,, won´t be back untill fran is gone or has a x in her corner

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
It blocks out a couple popular threads and it has no X to close it out.

It's almost as obnoxious as the enormous douche that always looks like he's about to cry on the homepage.
edit an 14-3-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

I found that if you change your browser zoom back to 100% those advertisements are aligned to the left out of the way from the threads where it was meant to be. After it aligns you can change your zoom to where you want it again. This only seems to happen when the browser loads with your zoom higher than 150%.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Who is Fran Drescher?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Who is Fran Drescher?

A hyena

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Are you using google chrome by any chance?
I had the same issue when I got on this morning.
I couldn't agree more, love ATS but Fran Drescher? -oooOK!
She would be really pretty if she never talked or made that noise superficially like a laugh.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ooops Iam getting her now WTF is fran?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceofcydonia
It is seriously doing my head in. You can't get rid of the bloody thing either.... Who, that comes to ATS is going to be watching this knid of programming?

edit on 14-3-2012 by faceofcydonia because: Spelling sucks

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Even if I were still "asleep" so to speak....I couldn't bare to watch anything with her in it. Something about her whiny voice and annoying laugh.

Gotta admit.....I yelled at my screen when I realized she wasn't going away. Can we at least get an X to get the heck rid of her.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Who is Fran Drescher?

A hyena

That's definately what she sounds like when she laughs! It makes me wish I could reach in and pull my own ear drums out.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just so you guys know, I alerted that Ad here, so hopefully it'll be gone soon - It's rather annoying to say the least.

I just googled who this person was as well.. god, that was a mistake..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Getting her everytime I refresh now ...must not google her ..must not google her..is she nude? if you google her? lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I love ATS but cannot stand Fran Drescher!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is a business and they probably got paid a bazillion dollars to put that ad there but seriously.....
Fran Firetrucken Drescher!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In protest to this abuse of my senses I will not be posting or logging into ATS for a week, hopefully when I get back shes gone.

See ya all in a week

HEH! HEH! HEH! HEH! HEH! HEH! HEH!

Just trying to get that annoying laugh stuck in your head.

I'm a baaaaad boy!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join