It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLAN B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The last album plan b released was the first exposure I had to them and thought it wasn't bad. He does have talent. In his new material he has returned to his rap work which is where he started out. Not a big fan of rap but don't hate it either. Can take it or leave it.

Anyway , just seen his new video and thought it was very interesting. This is most certainly worth a look even if you don't like rap music. It is a very good commentary on the state of the UK at the moment. I am sure victims of last years riots will be a little bit shocked by this.

The video does come across as quite incendiary.

The material is nothing new in rap music in general and wouldn't get much attention in somewhere like the US(its very similar to the jay-z track , run this town). But this is a very mainstream artist in average size country that will get a lot of exposure.

after watching it you almost feel as if someone is looking for a fight

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
What a load of tripe. It annoyed my ears. It does seem like they're looking for a fight. They're aggressive and stupid, but think their tough front makes them superior.

What they don't realise is if they picked up their litter, stopped breaking things, planted some flowers, painted their fences, stopped swearing and acting "hard" and got some self respect and respected other folk in turn, then their lives wouldn't really be as miserable as they think it is. And their community centre wouldn't be closed down if they'd looked after it too, I'll bet.

The 'singer', wotsisname, is a reasonably good actor, well he was in Harry Brown. Or was he just being himself, a pretend hardman?

He makes some good music, kind of motown/ish, but that one you posted is absolute Scheiß.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

plan b has done fairly intelligent work. he is really just drawing peoples attention to the issue.

i find it interesting how you judge the people portrayed in the video.

he has given an interesting enough interview on what he is trying to achieve with this latest project. its maybe not what you would expect to hear.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm glad he agrees with me a bit, "those rioters just made things 10x harder for themselves." The real people, portrayed by actors in this video, should wake up and realise they can change their environment. They need to look after their hoods and attitudes a bit better and they wouldn't feel like exploding. They could maybe make things 10x better.

As for that particular bit of music. It still hurt my ears. But each to their own. You might throw up at some of the stuff I like.

new topics

join