It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Moon Base in a Photo on the Desk of NASA Ames Research Center!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Those are not the same images. By the way.. have you thought perhaps they may have made the structure vanish in the image the public can see?

Look closely they appear to be the same but are not.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Can you post the link where you got this picture from (besides the jpg link) because when i clicked on it it said contest in the top while loading. I don't want to the picture, I want WHERE the picture came from on NASA's site and what it was attached to subject wise.

While loading the link previously it said "contest" at the top and well Nasa Ames Research Center has a yearly contest for students to make settlements in space. I think this picture is part of that.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
Look closely they appear to be the same but are not.

Done once again for the slow learners...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It came from here

...with the comment:

LCROSS Scientists
LCROSS project scientists Anthony Colaprete and Dr. Kim Ennico review early results from the centaur and spacecraft impacts.
Image credit: Dominic Hart / NASA Ames

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

From Here: www.nasa.gov...

The Centaur impact...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is only a mark for the Centaur impact:

Following are several simulations of the Centaur impact site
made using LOLA data. The measuring rod is 3.5 km wide.
Each color stripe is 0.5 km wide and separated by 0.5 km.
The lowest colored stripe is colored red, followed by yellow,
green, blue and violet. Included are images of the region as
seen from California, Hawaii, and New Mexico. The
measuring rods indicate Earth visibility beginning between
1.8 and 2 km. Also included are a perspective view showing
the level at which ejecta meets sunlight, about 1 km across
the 3.5 km measuring rod, as well as a nadir view .

SOURCE

Nadir view.

Perspective view showing the level at which ejecta meets sunlight

Alien Moon Base...

edit on 14-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Again.. if you look they are not the same. There are things in one image not in the other and vice versa. They "appear" to be the same but indeed are not.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Alien Moon Base...

Maybe...maybe not....... 9-10-2009 !!!!

edit on 14-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The problem I have with the images is that they seem identical. Either they are the same or are different images taken at the exact same time/perspective due to the shadows being almost the same in both.

It seems unlikely that two different images could be so near identical The "not there" image has darker shadows--to obscure the structure? The contrast could have been increased on the one or lowered on the other to hide/reveal the apparent structure. Either way, something has been fiddled with. Which is the fake?

However, the terrain where the "structure" is located is on the slope of a rugged, area, not at all on a flat area where we would assume a structure would be constructed by either ETs or humans.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There is only one thing that is being shown in the photo. One thing. If people are seeing different I really do think its because it doesn't fit in with their personal views .

If you detach yourself from your opinions and take the image as a stand alone thing, then its obvious what this thing is.

Its a huge glazed skylight on the top of a shaft going underground. You can even see the inside walls of the shaft illuminated as it goes down sub surface for gods sake !!

I really don't have an opinion on the whole bases on the moon thing, none what so ever for, or against. But this is blatantly a glazed skylight. The light is coming from the left, so it illuminates the descending shaft on the right and throws shadow onto the left side. It's clear as day.

People who are calling it tape, or natural shapes, or a highlighted box or whatever can only be trying to fool themselves into thinking it is in line with what they want to believe. Its not. Its a glazed-over shaft.

I'd suggest downloading the full res image from the nasa site.

Great find by the way OP, thats some impressive eagle eyed stuff right there.

edit on 14-3-2012 by pot8er because: Added Text

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
What i'm really interested in is whos hand that is. Who had this picture sitting on their desk?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by elevenaugust

Alien Moon Base...

Maybe...maybe not....... 9-10-2009 !!!!

edit on 14-3-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

Yes, and so?

Again, this is just a mark for the Centaur coordinates impact target...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

What i'm really interested in is whos hand that is. Who had this picture sitting on their desk?

It is Anthony Colaprete's arm. The work station is shared by several people. Mystery solved.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If the square is simply an addition to the image, why is it angled and not square to the image ? It would take an extra step to rotate the highlighted area and for what purpose would you rotate a marker box off square ?

The only logical explanation is that it would have to be either a portion of another image that had been rotated, or nasa use sticky little squares that have a white line edge and a transparent window in the middle. The human element would explain the jaunty angle.

I Still think it is what it is. A glazed Skylight.

edit on 14-3-2012 by pot8er because: Added Text

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
If you look at the original image.. it is also on the computer behind the guy in the picture with the structure outlined in yellow.

Interesting to say the least.

and a printed screenshot would then look pretty identical to what the guy is leaning on - a location outlined in yellow

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pot8er

If the square is simply an addition to the image, why is it angled and not square to the image ? It would take an extra step to rotate the highlighted area and for what purpose would you rotate a marker box off square ?

No, it would take an extra step to rotate your thumb so that the cellophane tape was square to the picture. People are really stretching now.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Tape...............ha ha I think its you that's stretching it a bit.

I haven't got an opinion on moon bases to defend. You obviously have.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Is that the same photo being analyzed on the computer? Take a look on that!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join