It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook page calling for the death of teen who voiced his opinion on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by David134
Free speech was never intended to protect popular speech, but to guarantee the rights of those with less recognized views.

The wars are a sad state of affairs with plenty of victims on both sides, but what may be even more frightening is the relinquishment by those at home of the very same freedoms that we are told that were over there fighting for.

I do not condone what he said of the soldiers, nor do I condone what we have done to those countries in the name of supposed progress, But I do condem a goverment that will arrest a man for what he has said..

Which reminds me, who are the ones sending these soliders to their death? I know it's not this kid.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Shouldn't the people calling for his death be held to the same standards as he was?

Or is that only valid when your opinion becomes a threat to the state?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
Shouldn't the people calling for his death be held to the same standards as he was?

Or is that only valid when your opinion becomes a threat to the state?

I'm thinking the same thing. Why is it ok to say someone should die when they're a random citizen, but not when they're a soldier?

Keep in mind no crime has actually been committed, just an ignorant teen expressing his opinion.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Facebook itself has a lot to answer for. These groups and pages can be made without any form of approval therefore inviting the ignorant people (who make up the majoriy of facebook it would seem) to cause these problems that are just unnecessary and pointless.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wow. I wonder if I should stop commenting/posting on the internetz.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Actual atrocities, such as those perpetrated by members of the United States forces, should be loudly condemned and prosecuted. The soldier involved is a mass murderer, no matter where he did it.

Expressions of opinion (even if they can be re-defined as "hate speech") are not actual acts of crime and should not be prosecuted. Both the comments of the boy and the Facebook page created in response are hate speech and should be removed from public record. The creators of those comments should be cautioned about the way they have expressed themselves and have it clearly explained that further hate filled expression will cause them to be banned from Facebook. They have much better chances of swaying public opinion by sticking only to the facts and avoiding expressions which can be misconstrued as hateful.

The United States, in prosecuting this boy, has violated its own Bill of Rights and Constitution. This IS breaking the law and should be counter-prosecuted.

The truth and the law are clear and no hate speech was involved in speaking this truth.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Wow. I wonder if I should stop commenting/posting on the internetz.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

The point is to silence people who speak the truth. If you are speaking the truth, do you prefer to be silenced or shut up out of fear of being silenced?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
what's the u.s. army doing in afghanistan. they killed osama.

it looks like they're trying to find a reason to stay.

first they piss on dead taliban and afghanis and post the pictures online.

they hold a quran burning and call it an "accident".

now some soldier goes outside his barracks and shoots and kills 16 innocent people, most of them defenceless women and children.

in a year this incident will be forgotten, and his trial will be held over indefinitely until he's released and disappears.

i can guarantee he was ordered or driven to commit this massacre, and 5-10 years from now, when you look at where this soldier is, you'll find him at home having sunday bbq's.

edit on 14-3-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think they should arrest all of those guys talking trash about him and charge them with how did they put it?

"racially aggravated public order offences"

I mean if its good for the one it should be good for them all right?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
I think they should arrest all of those guys talking trash about him and charge them with how did they put it?

"racially aggravated public order offences"

I mean if its good for the one it should be good for them all right?

It will be, the creator of the group will go to jail, fact.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Another person making inflamatory posts against soldiers from the UK leading to another group.....
www.facebook.com...

More people heading into custody im sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How ironic.

A page that states an opinion about how someone should die for stating their opinion.

I'm sure it was lost on whomever started that page.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That, is incredible and so close to home.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Unbelievable eh? 2200 likes against ONE guy?

These cowards change the description of the page too. #ing pathetic. Think someone else doesn't have the right to voice their opinion on facebook then they make a page themselves calling for his death, rounding up 2200 people for it

Azhar Ahmed need to be put away and never let out for what he wrote on facebook the scum! people like this should not be in our county if their not going to support it! out with the scum!!!

too #ing late, I have the evidence, I took a screenshot. These hypocrites will be exposed for their bigotry

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
they are no different than him. they're just on a different side. we must renounce violence in all circumstances

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

The sad thing is that I don't see how any of them are doing anything wrong. Maybe I am a loner on this but honestly the last I checked we all have the right to our personal opinions. I think more people should be outraged this is happening at all rather then outraged about what one group is saying about another.

It is the death of our freedoms right in front of our very eyes and we are literally watching the world burn down around us. There may not be fires or flames but it's happening none the less, and we are constantly being coerced by BS like this into believing it is somehow right.

I am sorry but what this world really needs is one of those giant CME's that knocks us back to the 80's technology wise. I know a lot of people embrace Social Media but frankly Social Media is doing much more harm then good in the full context of things. More people take more stuff as the gospel truth just because someone tweeted, facebooked, or youtubed it. I mean FFS people need to start thinking for themselves again or we are all seriously doomed.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by Maponos

The sad thing is that I don't see how any of them are doing anything wrong. Maybe I am a loner on this but honestly the last I checked we all have the right to our personal opinions. I think more people should be outraged this is happening at all rather then outraged about what one group is saying about another.

It is the death of our freedoms right in front of our very eyes and we are literally watching the world burn down around us. There may not be fires or flames but it's happening none the less, and we are constantly being coerced by BS like this into believing it is somehow right.

I am sorry but what this world really needs is one of those giant CME's that knocks us back to the 80's technology wise. I know a lot of people embrace Social Media but frankly Social Media is doing much more harm then good in the full context of things. More people take more stuff as the gospel truth just because someone tweeted, facebooked, or youtubed it. I mean FFS people need to start thinking for themselves again or we are all seriously doomed.

The question is where do you draw the line? I mean dont you think what has happened in this case is despicable and deserves a punishment of some kind?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Facebook 'troll' Sean Duffy gets community service for offensive Sophie Taylor image

A convicted internet "troll" who posted an offensive image of a teenage shooting victim on Facebook has been given community service.

EDIT, someone has started a thread to discuss it here
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13691988#pid13691988
edit on 16-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

First we live in an era of fear, our school children being shot and killed because some feels left out, but when you post on the internet about doing harm, well its time to say something if someone from aother country or your own school talks about killing or hurting people, don't reply just read and tell someone, being called names are just words, Now for all YOU A- Holes who sit and watch your freinds die while drinking brews, what goes around comes around, the storys ARE boy get drunk goes into coma and noone calls 911 because of under age drinking, the other three girls go drinking two come home and they can't remember a thing. Stay away from people who don't have your back, A-list, B-list, car shows, if they don't have your back, or won't hang with you, don't hang with them,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join