It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Cars Around Seattle

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

No.. that isn't it.. it is a single yellow tab.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I used to live on the West side of the mountains, but still live in Washington. Those are just Washington State government tabs. I see them all the time, esspecially on vans for community service, or trucks for state workers.

Nothing to freak out about, unless they are harrassing you.

Why does every one think they are so important that the gov. would waste their time following them?
edit on 14-3-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: style

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I live in Seattle too and I haven't noticed anything too weird except one night at about 2 or 3 am(I work late) I saw two SUV's exact same make and model(although what exactly the make and model was I couldn't tell), with completely tinted windows raced past me(I was on the sidewalk) one right after the other at pretty high speed. I don't think they were after me but they were without a doubt some sort of law enforcement agency.

As far as this case goes, I think GEL hit the nail on the head with her post about different colored stickers. That would seem most logical to me.

due to places ive lived, jobs ive had and people im connected too, the websites im continually on, the stuff i google,the applications ive filled out and the background checks that have been done on me including deep background checks by AF OSI and DoD.....and my very high presence on the world's largest conspiracy site.....if anyone would be followed...it would be someone like me....

Can't say I blame them for wanting to follow you around GEL. Gotta admit, I'm a little jealous of whatever agent gets that assignment.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

Can't say I blame them for wanting to follow you around GEL. Gotta admit, I'm a little jealous of whatever agent gets that assignment.

Agreed

By the way...time to update your profile pic with a beast mode jersey.

edit on 14-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Got it figured out, the yellow stickers are for Veterans.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
reply to post by JAY1980

Guys, this has been SOLVED last page: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a Washington State permanent license sticker. End of story. End of mystery. It's over. And no, it's not for veterans. Where do you get this stuff? Do you just make it up on the fly?

The only question is, what state or local government entity was it?

edit on 3/14/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Your probably a woman, cause if I were in your position I would have walked right up and asked what they were doing....

I do it to all people and cars on my street, reguadless.. because I protect those around me.. I feel it as a community resonsibility.

Please take no offense, but when we walk by a situation, this allows them to take the upper hand.

Just a thought...

And if you are a man, grow a couple

I have seen men modeling in their underwear, shriek at a spider, and paint their nails.... so maybe those that can't confront just keep it to yourself..

Take it or leave it, good luck, and if you see that yellow tab again. knock on their window and ask.. People have all these questions, yet will not take the time to just get off their butt and solve it. I call attention getting on the OP, IMO

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
well if you have not heard of the infraguard , maybe you should check it out

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Here's the deal with the yellow stickers.

They are for permanent licenses and are used by any Washington State government entity, from libraries to park departments. Government, both state and local, are not required to renew licenses every year. The yellow sticker shows that. It's wider than a regular month or year sticker and has the Seal of the State of Washington on it, which is a portrait of George Washington in profile.

Point: These are Washington State licenses, not NSA, not TSA, not Federal, but State. This means that these vehicles are being used by some state or local (city, county, fire, etc.) governmental agency.

I worked for the State for 30 years, btw.
edit on 3/14/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

Missed that post.. Thanks!! So State Government

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

agreed.

I think I'm gonna wait though and get a personalized #12 jersey(my last name happens to be Madden, gotta look good on a jersey right?). I heard the hawks might change up their uniforms this year too, so I guess I have to wait until fall before I get one.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

is that actualy you in the avatar GEL?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by greeneyedleo

is that actualy you in the avatar GEL?

It is...I've asked her. It always draws my attention, not for the reason you think, but because it's well crafted. And not too hard on the eyes either. Ahem.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by amongus

agreed.

I think I'm gonna wait though and get a personalized #12 jersey(my last name happens to be Madden, gotta look good on a jersey right?). I heard the hawks might change up their uniforms this year too, so I guess I have to wait until fall before I get one.

I hear you. Not to derail the thread, but you have to pose the same way w the new jersey. Most ballsy avatar here on ATS IMO.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by JAY1980

Figured as mutch. You were clear it was a sticker just thought I would throw that into the pool in hopes it helps. There are a few government plate databases but I see nothing that looks like what you saw.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Hey thanks. I'll do my best to replicate it.

BTW have you seen the movie? Here's the link to the vid and thread about it.

Violent by Design

Since we seem to have solved the mystery of the yellow tags...
Consider this thread officially derailed!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OP: Just because they're working for the government doesn't mean they're after you, or that it is about you at all. Their job may not have anything to do with a person/people at all, but the location. There are all sorts of mundane/non-exciting reasons for government workers to be sitting in cars typing away.

If there was a surveillance operation going on and you were the target, there would be more of an effort made to make sure you don't know about it. Example: Some police are quite good at the undercover stuff and I'd suspect the old car with the normal neighbor type before I'd suspect someone so obvious on that score.
edit on 14-3-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My hunch on this is, since your bro is with the NSA, they are just keeping tabs. Enough to let you know that they are so that either you will not do enough to get your bro in hot water or to just keep it cool.

If you haven't been "talked to" then I wouldn't worry.

It could also be practice, follow someone they can get info on that they can also verify.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
See in my opinion. It sounds like an undercover operation of some sort, but honestly. IF you are think they are out to get you. Take some notes from Burn Notice.

1. Get your wife to make up some nice cookies and walk them out and offer them to the drivers an say hi. If they don't speed off chances are you will get some answers.

2. If they do speed off the next time you see them around call the local PD and tell them there are some suspicious people in cars hanging around your neighborhood and as a concerned neighbor you thought you should report it. Then watch what happens.

I mean seriously what are they gonna do other then either A. Arrest you for something you have or haven't done wrong. B. Tell you what they are doing, or C. Drive off.
edit on 3/14/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Missed that post.. Thanks!! So State Government

Not exactly. Any governmental entity within the state that is eligible for "exempt" license plates. This includes not only the state itself, but all cities and counties (including their police departments), library and park districts, port districts, you name it. Nearly anything funded by property taxes.

Sometimes the numbering on the license plates itself is a clue. For example, all Washington State Patrol vehicles have a prefix of "WSP" including their unmarked vehicles, which can sometimes be handy to know.

So it's a bit of a wider pool of possibilities than just the state, though it does rule out the Feds and the military here, which both have their own plate styles separate from the State.

I'll be out and about a bit tomorrow. If I can I'll take a picture of one of those stickers and post it here.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Im still waiting for an answer on what "the man" looks like???

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join