It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Diplomats : Last Chance For Iran Until Invasion In Months, Preparing for Refugees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
rt.com...

The US wants Russia to deliver a message to Iran: Tehran has one last chance for talks. If it is wasted, an attack will happen in a matter of months, according to Russian diplomatic sources.

The threat was voiced by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton during a meeting with her Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov in New York on Monday, a diplomatic insider told Kommersant daily.

“The invasion will happen before year’s end. The Israelis are de facto blackmailing Obama. They’ve put him in this interesting position – either he supports the war or looses the support of the Jewish lobby,” the diplomat told the Russian newspaper.

If what RT is reporting is true, then Obama seems to be in quite a difficult situation. Either join Israel in an invasion of Iran, or lose the support of the Jewish lobby. My vote....lose the support of Israel instead of jumping into another war.

The article goes on to say this

As military action becomes more likely, Russia is preparing a contingency plan for the negative scenario. Military and law enforcement agencies are bracing for a likely inflow of refugees to its neighboring countries, and possibly southern Russia as well. The exact details of the plan are classified, but its existence was confirmed by both military and civilian sources.

Moscow is not just concerned by the humanitarian disaster war with Iran would bring to its southern borders.

There are also fears it could reignite old conflicts in the region, like the row between Armenia and Azerbaijan over Nagorno Karabakh.

This whole Iran scenario seems to be getting worse and worse. Russia is now preparing both their law enforcement and military for refugees, along with the possiblity of old conflicts sparking up again.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I think a lot of this propaganda may be to push Iran to per-emptively strike Israel, thereby causing the war to begin with.
Then Israel can play the poor me card, and 19 out of 20 politicians demand war/rubber stamp anything through congress

Interesting times we live in. Hopefully its just more political grandstanding considering -everyone- is in an election cycle now...gotta feed the warhawk voters on all sides the right words without any meaning behind it.

I would, of I was Obama, put it before congress. But, I would demand the war is paid for in full before starting it..which means raising taxes via congress bill. Wartime funds. You want a war? ok..but if you vote yes, you must go back to your homes and say you both started a war and raised taxes...you know..for freedom or something.

That should confuse the warmongers.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Dang, you took my thoughts on this matter that I've had for the past few days and put it into brilliant words. This part may be the most important

its just more political grandstanding considering -everyone- is in an election cycle now

The US in in election time now, Israel may be holding elections near the end of this year, Iran is also supposed to be getting into their elections, and Russia just recently finished theirs. I really hope this is all political talk and nothing arises from it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I dont post much on the topic of Iran and Israel cause its usually a moot point...but...

America nor Obama can be "forced" into doing anything, regardless of who threatens to hate us.
If Israel wants Iran so bad, than they can go at it without our help. Israel and Iran can handle their own beef. We have enough middle east issues of our own already.
We are not Israels lapdog, as much as they would like us to be.
And we shouldnt pick sides.
Unless positive proof is brought out that suggests our nation is at immediate risk, then there is no reason for immediate action on something that may not exist.
-real-solid-proof.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I'm with you, Common. My first job had I been elected President in '08 would have been to bring our boys and girls home, yesterday. No ifs, ands, or buts. It is clear America is not welcome, wanted or needed in that area. So, my thought is this: the culture of the area can not and will not be changed by anything we say or do. Religion has a stranglehold aver there, so much so that it even overrides basic common sense and humanity. I think we need to pull back, protect our own borders, and let the folks over there fight it out themselves. Unless, like you stated, solid proofof imminent danger is secured.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
One thing that i will point out, that there are just as strong lobby's within the U.S. that do not want that media attention and perhaps they should sit back re-think that although there are many influences within the U.S. structure it is wise not to black mail the U.S. sentiment as an entity, no matter how far up the chain you are or assume you are.

Friendly advise from an adviser.

top topics

join