It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aokigahara forest, Japan's suicide woods.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I found this on another website, i dont know if there is a rule on here about copy and pasting but sharing is caring right?
I searched this site to see if it was posted and i found nothing so. Also, if i posted this in the wrong section, would a mod please move it to the right section?

Anyone visiting the forest known as Aokigahara, at the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan, will be met by signs as they
enter the legendary woods. The signs do not welcome you, or provide a map. Instead the signs urge visitors not to do the unthinkable..And kill themselves. The signs are placed throughout and have messages like ” Your life is precious” and “Think one more time”. But why would the Japanese government be so concerned that visitors would commit suicide here?

Aokigahara has become a famous place for people of Japan to end their own lives. It has even been called “the perfect place to die” by some Japanese citizens. An astounding 75 bodies (on average) are found inside the large and seemingly endless forest each year. Essentially, every few days another life is extinguished inside of this Japanese forest.

Of course it didn’t take long for stories of ghosts to emerge. The forest is infamously Haunted and it is believed that the lost souls and spirits of those who have ended their life inside Aokigahara forest still linger.

Visitors to the haunted forest have reported seeing full bodied apparitions, hearing whispers that seem to originate from nowhere and more. Ghosts of Aokigahara are said to appear in the form of fog and in human form. Compasses, GPS and electronic devices seem to have trouble functioning there too. Many people who enter the forest become disoriented and lost very quickly. It is not uncommon for someone to get hopelessly lost withing the dense forest. It is also not uncommon for someone to stumble upon a still undiscovered body while hiking through the forest.

So what is it about this forest that makes so many Japanese people put an end to their own lives? The mystery of these woods and the almost unbelievable tragedy associated with them leads to many questions.

Has the tragedy inside the “Suicide Woods” of Japan caused it to become such a paranormal hot spot? Or was the forest already somehow cursed or paranormal in a way that contributed to the tragedies? We may never know. But the mysteries of Aokigahara are ones that if solved, could potentially end the morbid and horrible reputation that the forest has earned as the “suicide woods” and as one of the most Haunted Places on earth.

The forest is open to visitors with miles of twisting trails to hike and plenty of spaces for setting up camp, should you decide to visit. However, if you decide to venture into this creepy and mysterious forest..Some say you may never come out. Disturbingly enough, statistics would agree.

Now Japan is one of the places i would like to visit before i die, among many places. The Asian culture always had an impact on me.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Creepy pic of the woods. Gives me shivers just looking at it. Great thread op. I gave you your FIRST flag here on ATS

But, if you visit Japan now, you may just die a bit sooner than expected.

edit on 14-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Interesting find

I have a perspective on why people go there to die. They are, as he also seems to know, utterly fed up with society. It's a cruel, hard and lonely world, especially in Japan. Everyone is expected to behave and be nice, but it's not what they see coming back from the general consensus of who controls society. So they'd rather go back to nature, be natural, and die surrounded by peace and tranquility of a forest, instead of a box in their cramped quarters. That tree hugging # is pretty real...

That's a forest I wouldn't want to go near!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Outstanding videos.....wow. I can't imagine doing that mans job.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

And why does your avatar look like it's straight out of this forest? Crazy....unintentional, but added to the creep factor while reading your post.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

Thanks for sharing that video, I like to get a more inside view rather than just reading about something. I almost shed a tear near the end of that video where he found the flowers and said "You think you die alone, but that's not true. Nobody is alone in this world.".

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Destination Truth FYI: Air Date was 2008
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

2010-Also on ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the SEARCH button before threading

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I read somewhere that some of the elder Japanese, when unable to care for themselves, make peace with their family and head off to pass on in the forest. The elders do not wish to become a burden on their family. Some Native American tribes practiced this too.
For many Japanese, particularly those that practice Shinto, nature is irreverent. So choosing that place to fade away may be very spiritual for them.

Perhaps someone here of Japanese nationality could clarify or add to the story.

Yea, I guess if there ever was a good spot to test for paranormal activity, this forest may be one, although that may be offensive.

peace

ETA: I was reading some statistics and it seems many impoverished people and laid off workers go there too.

edit on 14-3-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
supposedly one of the most haunted places in the world. if i could afford it id totally go

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by camthearmyman
supposedly one of the most haunted places in the world. if i could afford it id totally go

You and me both there buddy. Well, not to commit suicide of course! Just to take a picture of the entrance to the place and GTFO!

And not to forget to see some of the beautiful ladies while there!

new topics

top topics

join