It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Need Food To Live?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
True story, I met a security guard while working in JP Morgan Chase that was a devoted Muslim and he claimed that the body didn't need the amount of food and water that the average persons eats during the day. He was a wise man without a doubt and though I didn't share his religious beliefs, I could tell that he was a wealth of knowledge simply by his presence (hard to explain).

He spoke about Jesus in the desert and his fast, and confessed to me that he survived daily from eating 1 or two servings of fruit and about 4 oz of water. He was also in incredible shape for a 60 something year old; I witness him do 40 pushups straight without breaking a sweat. He was originally from Bangladesh and impacted me enough for me to read part of the Koran out of curiosity. Though I never converted, he made me see that religion in a different light during a time (Nov 2001) when Islam was demonized.

When I asked him how he was able to manage eating and drinking so little, he replied that his faith and focused prayer shielded him from the "chains of the flesh". He also claimed that fasting is necessary for spiritual cleansing.

Yogis and mystics have been able to fast for extremely long periods of time and I am convinced that the common denominator is accessing a trance like state of consciousness, done either with focused prayer or meditation. People in hypnosis have been documented to do amazing things with the body including incredible accounts of strengths and changes in bodily processes.

IMO that tells me that the mind is the ultimate power (physically speaking of course) and there is plenty that we do not know about it at our stage of development. In the future I believe that at one point whether by evolution or by genetic tinkering (hopefully the former and not the latter) we will go past the necessity of eating physical things. Everything we eat like the OP states, breaks down to energy and that energy derives from solar energy, so I am sure there will be a time when we cut down the middle man.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
Why would you not want to eat food?

Food is one of the best things about life.

this. food rules.

/thread

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
True story, I met a security guard while working in JP Morgan Chase that was a devoted Muslim and he claimed that the body didn't need the amount of food and water that the average persons eats during the day. He was a wise man without a doubt and though I didn't share his religious beliefs, I could tell that he was a wealth of knowledge simply by his presence (hard to explain).

He spoke about Jesus in the desert and his fast, and confessed to me that he survived daily from eating 1 or two servings of fruit and about 4 oz of water. He was also in incredible shape for a 60 something year old; I witness him do 40 pushups straight without breaking a sweat. He was originally from Bangladesh and impacted me enough for me to read part of the Koran out of curiosity. Though I never converted, he made me see that religion in a different light during a time (Nov 2001) when Islam was demonized.

When I asked him how he was able to manage eating and drinking so little, he replied that his faith and focused prayer shielded him from the "chains of the flesh". He also claimed that fasting is necessary for spiritual cleansing.

Yogis and mystics have been able to fast for extremely long periods of time and I am convinced that the common denominator is accessing a trance like state of consciousness, done either with focused prayer or meditation. People in hypnosis have been documented to do amazing things with the body including incredible accounts of strengths and changes in bodily processes.

IMO that tells me that the mind is the ultimate power (physically speaking of course) and there is plenty that we do not know about it at our stage of development. In the future I believe that at one point whether by evolution or by genetic tinkering (hopefully the former and not the latter) we will go past the necessity of eating physical things. Everything we eat like the OP states, breaks down to energy and that energy derives from solar energy, so I am sure there will be a time when we cut down the middle man.

Well if you want to live longer you are better off eating very little. Sexual satisfaction combined with a full stomach makes you age faster as your cells get a signal that you have basically fulfilled your mission, reproduction.

Now if you are constantly a bit hungry, your body goes into survival mode as it tries to make sure you live long enough to A) find food and B) find a partner for reproduction. If you keep this up you will get used to it and it becomes your normal mode of operation, like it is for most animals = profit.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shred

Yes I read studies saying the same thing basically. Such studies makes me question the common accepted belief of eating multiple servings of food in different groups in order to fulfill vitamin and mineral daily requirements. In addition to the factors that you noted, it is also proven that the breaking down of food, particularly proteins, puts stress on the digestive system, with some byproducts not being completely excreted or processed.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

Originally posted by Nurelic

Originally posted by boncho
Unfortunately, these people bought into this whole Inedia thing:

You'll never know unless you try it. Maybe you should give it a shot...

i too can stare at the sun but not for very long

and i find that the sun itself seems to look a
darkish grey

does anybody else get this effect

Yes, when i stare at it, it turns purple or some darkish color. It also spins around very fast. Lots of times I see 2 suns. That sungazing guy on sunyoga.info talks of the spinning and 2 suns too. He also says you will eventually see the 7 colors of the rainbow coming into your 3rd eye. I've never seen this

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
An old man who didn't drink and eat for 70 years and he is still alive !!!!

edit on 14-3-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

and a boy who has been meditating for 3 years without food or water.

So it's possible

edit on 14-3-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There's a book that speaks about this subject matter and others related to it called - The crack in the cosmic egg, and speaks about trance states and the ability of the mind to break certain natural laws. It's a very interesting book if anyone is interested.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
for the record last summer i worked a job landscaping outside in the sun for 8h days
then would go home and usually relax outside in the sun on my back deck

when summer ended last year i think i went through a serious sun withdrawal as fall and winter came around

cant wait for the heat to start coming back
it wasnt even that cold of a winter this year but i can already feel spring

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
for the record last summer i worked a job landscaping outside in the sun for 8h days
then would go home and usually relax outside in the sun on my back deck

when summer ended last year i think i went through a serious sun withdrawal as fall and winter came around

cant wait for the heat to start coming back
it wasnt even that cold of a winter this year but i can already feel spring

I don't understand what that has to do with anything in this thread

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yes, there are a lot of things we do not understand. However, one thing that is certain is that your body sheds cells, hair, etc. Water evaporates from it, and all of this needs to be replenished.

From a pure energy standpoint, your body loses well over a kilogram of mass each day that must be replenished. For -any- "energy based living" to be capable of keeping you alive, it would have to be able to generate the equivalent of 8.9876 x10^15 joules of energy... or a 21.5 megaton nuclear warhead.

Which is why we live by picking up matter that is just laying around.

But... You have fun staring at the sun "making your eyes stronger" and starving to death.... While being transformed into a sex godd(ess) with insatiable lust.

I'll enjoy my boring life, and press for legislation that bars medical services from being administered to people who have chosen alternative forms of sustenance. Medicine, surgery, and hospitals are for those of us dolts still surviving off of limited resources (like food), and can't be expected to share with enlightened beings that have no need for it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

If it wasn't for our bodies then yes, we could live on pure energy.
We could take out your brain and hook it up to a super computer so it could "see" and "communicate" with the rest of the world. We could supply a steady stream of electricity to the base of your brain, to simulate the flow of energy that currently travels up your spin to the base of your brain.
In reality, the main reason that we even have a body is to keep the brain alive. The body moves around and somehow through hard work or a job and money, we find food to eat and a safe shelter to lay down and rest. The brain is all that really matters. You could loose all kinds of limbs and mobility and still be very much alive. Of course, when the brain goes, it's over, because nothing really exists expect what our brain perceives to exist.
As for the energy thing, we stuff food into our body where our body breaks it down and feeds our organs nutrient. The organs do their thing and create and pump blood through the body, and waist, out the body. The lungs give us oxygen that then mixes our blood. The whole heart-beating blood-pumping machine called our body then produces a steady current of electricity that powers the brain and "is" the "life" that we know.

There is already technology in use where people's brains have been hooked up to computers that interact with our "thoughts" and perform actions. For instance, computers interacting with human brains have allowed completely blind people (blind from birth) to be able to see. Also people without mobility can move the cursor and navigate with their minds.

So, I believe that with the right technology and the use of robots for menial chores, we could get rid of our bodies altogether and just exist for eternity in ever changing virtual paradise.

edit on 14-3-2012 by TimesUp because: bad brain

edit on 14-3-2012 by TimesUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Food Replicators a possibility?... www.understandingnano.com...
Molecular Fabricators...

And people can live for a month and a half without food!?...

www.professorshouse.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Well that sounds like a book for me then, doesn't it? lol How very personal.
Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

edit on 28-5-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Has anyone come across the story about the man who hasn't eaten in 70 years, since WW2?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

Yeah I heard about him. It is an absolutely incredible story. Even to go 15 days (twice) without food or water (while he was being monitored in a hospital) is amazing, let alone 70 years...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

The only tragedy to that story is that he has been missing out on some delicious murgh makhani his whole life...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Looks like all we have to do is turn into bacteria and then we can survive without food!

articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join