It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Need Food To Live?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

It is not fear, it is respect

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
Definitely food for thought

"food" for thought...

Nicely done Amanda...

edit on 14-3-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I sit on the ground, on a huge stone, or in the water when I sungaze. I have read that you shouldn't be on stone. I have read that you have to be in any number of conditions to do this "properly". Rubbish. Just do it. We determine the interplay of energies with our intent. We choose the purpose. We create the reality.

I don't understand the "respect" comment.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Two years ago I did a lot of healing meditations and sungazing. Last year we just didn't have that much sun. Let's see what this year brings.

Do you focus on breathing techniques as well during the sungazing?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I've been meditating for years, but I don't use any technique, unless free form is a technique. lol I do something I call geometric breathing, but it's more according to what I feel the energies dictating rather than my own conscious will driving it. I always assume the energies work to align and correct better than my limited knowledge can determine. So yes and no, in answer.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

You are missing the aspect of the pineal gland which is behind your eyes. It is charged by staring at the sun. As you get older the pineal gland goes dormant and fully forms a calcium shell around it by the time you are in your 40's or something. Sungazing keeps it fresh as a spring chicken and from what I can tell it works as some sort of light converter to energy.

You care to source any of this? We are just supposed to take your word for it.

I dont know. I can tell you are a food lover though. The people who enjoy eating the most are most against this idea and will try to discourage any attempts at it.

If you think not eating and staring into the sun is going to give you magical powers, than by all means do it.

edit on 14-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Holy crap!

Look at where this thread is going. Why is it in the Science forum, it belongs in metaphysics and magic....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Actually, there's nothing magical about it. It's totally natural.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
reply to post by boncho

Actually, there's nothing magical about it. It's totally natural.

Yet, nothing scientific.

Look at the forum it is in.

It is in the wrong one.

I am speaking English.

You are reading English.

Did I communicate my message to you?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ok, let's go more towards the scientific aspect...

With the rapid advancements in technology in the last couple decades, is it fair to say that scientists might be able to come up with an energy substitute for food in let's say... 100 years from now? Or something close to it?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Ok, let's go more towards the scientific aspect...

With the rapid advancements in technology in the last couple decades, is it fair to say that scientists might be able to come up with an energy substitute for food in let's say... 100 years from now? Or something close to it?

I already posted an example in this thread of a possibility.

But it was overlooked as most of you were talking about the special particles you can metabolize through your eyeballs.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

reply to post by mayabong

I think I have heard about him before. He stares directly at the sun everyday too right? Has he gone blind as a result?

Very fascinating stuff.

Yeah, sounds "fascinating" and not "bat-#-crazy"...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Holy crap!

Look at where this thread is going. Why is it in the Science forum, it belongs in metaphysics and magic....

The main question here is: Is it possible to create a way to sustain oneself without food?

I want as many different answers to that question as possible. So if we happen to discuss sungazing for a little while, then so be it. The interaction between sunlight and a being on the Earth and the reaction it can produce... well, I guess you could say, there's a "science" to it...

Whatever happens to come up, we'll discuss it. And if a mod feels like the thread needs to be moved, then it will be moved.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Unfortunately, these people bought into this whole Inedia thing:

You'll never know unless you try it. Maybe you should give it a shot...

i too can stare at the sun but not for very long

and i find that the sun itself seems to look a
darkish grey

does anybody else get this effect

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

What is food really? What does it boil down to? Energy.
What are people made up of? Energy.

Is there a way to create some type of energy equal to food and use that as a substitute? Are we able to absorb enough of this energy to sustain long healthy lives? Is it possible to live for years without actually eating food?

If so, how would it work?

Also, much like on Star Trek, are we able to replicate endless amounts of food? Do we even have the technology to do that now? If not, when would we be able to?

Am I going completely bonkers here or is it a possibility at least in the future?

Well someone named Dr John Martin Phd. who studies Morgellons Fibers for a decade and published peer reviewed studies on how they're 'alternative cellular energy pigments' that take far infrared and UV radiation and convert it into useable biological energy within the human body.

He thinks the people who claim to be suffering from Morgellons, are in fact experiencing an evolutionary shift.
edit on 3/14/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
@ "Lighteating" and stuff: What's the Harm?

Please, eat and drink properly - otherwise your local hospital will have additional work to do...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Oh dear, I took a look at that site..

DOES look a little silly, ain't he?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
To the OP:

What you're wishing for has a name. Alchemy.

Sorry. Hasn't happened in a long time of trying.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The human brain and body requires a lot more energy than you would think.

For example, a sheep needs about a plates worth of grass a day to keep their brain energized. A human would new two large potato sacks I'llet with grass to power the brain. Which is why we get large concentrated amounts of energy from things like meat. Other animals are one of te best sources of energy for humans.

With that said, would being cannibals give us more energy than say a cow or pig maybe?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Why would you not want to eat food?

Food is one of the best things about life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join