Don't Need Food To Live?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by boncho

Laying in the sun and staring directly at the sun are 2 different things.

That I would agree with, as one causes blindness.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic

Originally posted by boncho
Unfortunately, these people bought into this whole Inedia thing:

You'll never know unless you try it. Maybe you should give it a shot...

I would sooner graft chloroplasts to my skin than try and go an extended period of time without food. As you are interested in the subject, I see no reason why you shouldn't try it yourself. Besides death that is.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Laying in the sun and staring directly at the sun are 2 different things.

That I would agree with, as one causes blindness.

This is where you are wrong my friend. As posted before I've gone up to 50 minutes and can even stare at the noon sun. This is one of the biggest lies told to humanity. Hostess needs to sell twinkies you know. I blame them for this rumor.

This guy does a great job of explaining how to do it.

edit on 14-3-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Nurelic

Never really cared to find out.
I eat even the stuff that is bad for me.
There are few true pleasures in life, eating is one of them.
And really, offered a large supreme pizza or a kelp shake, which one you gonna jump on?

I don't mean to plug my recently revived "Would You Rather" game thread (located in the General Chit Chat Forum) that has been dormant for 3 years but...

Would you rather be able to eat pizza and live to be 70...
or
Not digest food (never have to worry about stomach aches or throwing up) and live to be 300?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I didn't see those people staring into the sun for prolonged periods. I saw them glance as the sun was rising over the horizon. Do us a favor and post a 50 minute video of you steadily staring into the midday sun. I will be impressed.

This published medical paper ******covers 20 people that came into the hospital with solar retinopathy

consisting of sungazing, 60%

60% came from stargazing.

You're right though, they were not blinded. They would have suffered from swelling, red spots, and possibly lesions on the eye.

Wiki on solar retinopathy.

I'm familiar with them, I know a few welders that have them.
edit on 14-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I didn't see those people staring into the sun for prolonged periods. I saw them glance as the sun was rising over the horizon. Do us a favor and post a 50 minute video of you steadily staring into the midday sun. I will be impressed.

There would be no point, cause how would I prove I'm looking directly at it? I really have no reason to lie, there are video's all over youtube of people that sungaze. Your eyes actually get stronger. You start 10 seconds and sunrise and add 10 seconds each day and your eyes become strong. Looking at the sun is no different than looking at a lightbulb in your kitchen after a while.

Yes if you just start out staring at the noon sun you will burn something. Gotta start slow.

Just wondering why would that guy invite people to his farm of life then have them engage in a practice that will make them go blind. lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Just wondering why would that guy invite people to his farm of life then have them engage in a practice that will make them go blind. lol

Cults are a heck of a thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi

Cults are a heck of a thing.

Maybe you're the one in the cult.

People like me are trying to get out and the cult members are shoving mcdonalds in my face telling me I will go blind if I try to leave.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Cool video.

Now if I could stare at the pretty girl in the video all day instead of the sun and survive, then I could care less about food...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Cool video.

Now if I could stare at the pretty girl in the video all day instead of the sun and survive, then I could care less about food...

Thats the paradox of sungazing. I think if you truly want to live without food you need to preserve your semen. When you sungaze your sex drive goes way up and women are more attacted to you somehow. So its hard not to blow your wad.

Face it, its hopeless.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So I searched "sungazing" on youtube. Nearly got distracted by suggestion videos which included tantric orgasms, and two horses copulating...
in any regard, I only see people staring at the sun when it is setting or rising, which is no feet by itself. Similar to looking at a 40 watt light bulb.

The few videos that show people looking at midday sun, have them only glancing back and forth.

The purpose of staring into the sun? I have no idea, because the surface area of the eye is so small I don't know what you could hope to benefit.

The simple fact that while on vacation in the tropics, without sunglasses you are absorbing in a day probably a similar amount of radiation from the sun by looking directly at it as it is setting. Are tropical people radiating magical sun energy?

No.

Some people are claiming vitamin D from sungazing, but vitamin D is produced by sunlight absorbed into the skin.

Maybe everyone should buy Hira's DVD's to learn the real secrets, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Thats the paradox of sungazing. I think if you truly want to live without food you need to preserve your semen. When you sungaze your sex drive goes way up and women are more attacted to you somehow. So its hard not to blow your wad.

Face it, its hopeless.

hmm... don't really know what to make of that...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

When you sungaze your sex drive goes way up and women are more attacted to you somehow.

I showed the following video of this sungazer to a girl, she said she would sooner burn her eyes out looking at the sun than be intimate in any way with him. I think your theory is bunk.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Unlike the above poster, I can't eat much of anything. I have increasing sensitivity to foods that are so common that eliminating them all - as I must - leaves precious little left to consume. The sun may just be all I have left soon! My list is as follows:

Wheat - this includes all parts and varieties of wheat: white flour, graham, bran, germ, oil, starch, spelt, rye, barley, all malts. Anything that contains any of this (Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, etc.) are all out of the question. Obviously beer is utterly impossible. I can't have oats either as they are grown in the same fields that are alternated with wheat, etc. It may also be for this reason that I can't have corn, potatoes, or rice, but those are new so they may be different. Imagine your life without just this one plant.

Citric acid - there goes most of the fruit and vegetable world. Only blueberries are perfect. But apples, pears, stone fruits (plums, apricots, peaches, nectarines), sometimes pineapples have small enough quantities that I can have them. Tomatoes, lettuces, and pretty much the rest of what you find at the store is dangerous stuff. Milk and milk products also contain more than I can have, normally. Exception being aged cheeses.

Soy - if it says "vegetable fat" in any form, that's probably soy. Same for "lecithin", though sometimes lately I find sunflower lecithin and that's been okay. But imagine life without soy. Read labels and you'll see. Impossible to eat anything manufactured. Kiss all chocolate goodbye.

Eggs - well yeah. That just shot down a power pack in a shell for me.

Peanuts - because they would have been handy too, when you need to eat something on the fly. I have other nuts occasionally, but very occasionally because factories that handle nuts handle peanuts, and there is contamination, despite their assurances. I am the only proof I need to know that.

I do not have allergies. I get other responses from contact with these things. I can only eat tiny amounts of anything because more and more I'm sensitized to those remaining things. The funny thing is that I meditate a lot and received messages a great deal earlier on, years ago. One of those was that I don't need food. I received a lot of what I considered to be "crazy" messages back then but I didn't entirely ignore them, I just sort of tucked them behind my ear to see wtf they really mean. But here I am all these years later actually moving toward that kind of life. I was told that the sun, air, and water provide all I need. Water from bathing, salt added to the water. This is in the manner of the ancient Shaolin monks. I was shown to do that and I did for some time, but it's difficult in our modern bathrooms. It's messy because the water splashes all over the floor. Takes even more time to clean that up and bathing time is much longer anyway. Ties up the bathroom so it's unavailable for others.

Sungazing exclusively, for me, could be really challenging. I live in Finland. We don't get much sunlight in the winter. It's really only just started coming back now. And we had record precipitation this year, most snow and rain in the 150 years since they started recording such things here. Means clouds even when the sun is visible at this latitude.

But it looks like I might just have to absorb what I can for the summer. I forage a lot during the summer and dry them for use during the winter. Dandelions and nettles should be in everyone's diets. They are amazing. Versatile and delicious. For anyone like me with extreme food sensitivities, it's almost a must.

A funny thing should be noted here. As I have grown older, my food sensitivities have increased manifold. However my other sensitivities: trees, bushes, grasses; dog and cat dander; feathers; dust; all of these are virtually nonexistent anymore. We're inundated with birch and pine pollens every year. Mugwort and willow pollens are thick in the air. But they don't bother me in the least. Indeed my son who has suffered a great deal even just five years ago has no reaction anymore. It just gives me pause to wonder why some and not the others.

When you look at that food list above, bear in mind that I used to be a professional pastry chef. I trained in France. Cakes, breads, chocolates, and all things from that world were my favorite things on Earth. I didn't even have to taste the stuff, but now I can't work in that world because there's wheat flour in the air, soy in chocolate, citric acid in fruits, eggs everywhere. Contact for all of those would occur just doing the work, via skin contact, and that causes skin rashes and infections. Breathing flour causes sinus infections. Tasting the stuff is out of the question. Not a good plan for developing new recipes.

I don't eat but a minuscule fraction of the number of calories we're meant to consume and I still have enough padding for good health. It just makes you wonder, doesn't it?
edit on 14/3/2012 by CosmicEgg because: because I have the power.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

So I searched "sungazing" on youtube. Nearly got distracted by suggestion videos which included tantric orgasms, and two horses copulating...
in any regard, I only see people staring at the sun when it is setting or rising, which is no feet by itself. Similar to looking at a 40 watt light bulb.

The few videos that show people looking at midday sun, have them only glancing back and forth.

The purpose of staring into the sun? I have no idea, because the surface area of the eye is so small I don't know what you could hope to benefit.

The simple fact that while on vacation in the tropics, without sunglasses you are absorbing in a day probably a similar amount of radiation from the sun by looking directly at it as it is setting. Are tropical people radiating magical sun energy?

No.

Some people are claiming vitamin D from sungazing, but vitamin D is produced by sunlight absorbed into the skin.

Maybe everyone should buy Hira's DVD's to learn the real secrets, right?

I dont follow HRM or his dvd's. People have even seen him eat on occasion. There is a new documentary called "Eat the Sun" I believe where they caught HRM eating. The documentary maker did the whole sungazing thing and loved it from what I've read, but haven't seen the movie. .

I can only speak from personal experience. Did I quit eating no. Did I eat less, definitely. Did I have more energy yes. Did I sleep less yes.

You are missing the aspect of the pineal gland which is behind your eyes. It is charged by staring at the sun. As you get older the pineal gland goes dormant and fully forms a calcium shell around it by the time you are in your 40's or something. Sungazing keeps it fresh as a spring chicken and from what I can tell it works as some sort of light converter to energy.

I dont know. I can tell you are a food lover though.
The people who enjoy eating the most are most against this idea and will try to discourage any attempts at it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

When you sungaze your sex drive goes way up and women are more attacted to you somehow.

I showed the following video of this sungazer to a girl, she said she would sooner burn her eyes out looking at the sun than be intimate in any way with him. I think your theory is bunk.

hey thats me

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Well, if they ever create an energy substitute for food, you'd be the ideal subject to try it out first...

And for crying out loud mayabong... put a shirt on...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Cool video.

Face it, its hopeless.

ha ha ha ha you guys are funny! Stop! Some one on this thread is trying to be serious!

ahem! Yes sun gazing is lovely but decided until I had all the answers I wouldn't push my luck, but that's just me

x

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

When have we ever had all the answers to anything at all? There's not one subject that is *known* to us. Knowing isn't what we do well at all.

Two years ago I did a lot of healing meditations and sungazing. Last year we just didn't have that much sun. Let's see what this year brings.

I have never believed the "blindness if you look at the sun" game. I have always looked at the sun, even growing up in the southern US. Now I live in the frozen north of Europe and it's absolutely imperative that I look at it whenever it's visible in winter. I chase it to get a recharge, so to speak. Since I'm on the doorstep of 50 and still don't even wear glasses, I would think it's safe enough. If it feels uncomfortable, build up to it or just don't do it. I have never worn sunglasses, I have always looked at the sun. I have hazel eyes. It works for me.

Don't let fear rule your life.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Goodness!

I feel for you...
wish I could send some of our sunshine to you

just remember a similar kind of energy you get from the sun comes from the ground as well....true story.
In fact the purest kind of matter comes from the ground on it's way up, and the sun gives the other important energy.

Definitely food for thought

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join