It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Need Food To Live?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What is food really? What does it boil down to? Energy.
What are people made up of? Energy.

Is there a way to create some type of energy equal to food and use that as a substitute? Are we able to absorb enough of this energy to sustain long healthy lives? Is it possible to live for years without actually eating food?

If so, how would it work?

Also, much like on Star Trek, are we able to replicate endless amounts of food? Do we even have the technology to do that now? If not, when would we be able to?

Am I going completely bonkers here or is it a possibility at least in the future?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Theoretically, yes.

Practically, no. Energy and matter are the same thing... however, energy-to-matter conversion is ... well - inefficient. While there exist popular science-fiction works involving forms of life that are capable of direct energy-to-matter conversion (or are simply energy in and of themselves) - it is a highly speculative field.

As for 'replication' - it is theoretically possible provided you have the correct stock of base elements and the ability to assemble them into organic structures. While it is also theoretically possible to create your base elements from energy, itself... that is an additional complexity that will not likely be appealing until we have become a decidedly post-entropic society.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Your body can only metabolize certain things. Just like plants need sunlight and water to grow, you need a variety of sugars (Carbohydrates), proteins and fats.

So is there some magic box we can plug ourselves into? No. We can take nutritional replacements but they taste awful and are hard on the stomach.

Unfortunately, raw base materials found in food-processed into replacements-not only taste awful, but are hard to digest.

Naturally grown, unprocessed food has so much more than just nutrients in it, and it will forever be the best source of energy for people.

Unless they perfect that lab grown meat they are working on.. That might work too.

edit on 14-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I think I have heard about him before. He stares directly at the sun everyday too right? Has he gone blind as a result?

Very fascinating stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Your body can only metabolize certain things. Just like plants need sunlight and water to grow, you need a variety of sugars (Carbohydrates), proteins and fats.

So is there some magic box we can plug ourselves into? No. We can take nutritional replacements but they taste awful and are hard on the stomach.

Unfortunately, raw base materials found in food-processed into replacements-not only taste awful, but are hard to digest.

Naturally grown, unprocessed food has so much more than just nutrients in it, and it will forever be the best source of energy for people.

Unless they perfect that lab grown meat they are working on.. That might work too.

Maybe so, but I think you are looking at things too closely. If you look at the bigger picture, everything is just different vibrations of light. The 3rd eye when working properly may act as some sort of prism, to break sunlight down into the slower vibrations needed for the body to ingest.

the following is a paper written by some indian scientists when studying HRM back in 2001.

www.amazingabilities.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic

I think I have heard about him before. He stares directly at the sun everyday too right? Has he gone blind as a result?

Very fascinating stuff.

No he hasn't. I've also done the practice.. got up to 50 minutes straight or so. never quit eating though. I think cause I could never stop smoking. After a while your eyes can look at the noon sun with no problems. Although I'd just stick to morning and evening.

Recently quit smoking and will continue the practice again especially since its warming up. I recommend to everyone. Gives you lots of clarity and energy.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

hmm... so energy-to-matter conversion won't work... Then is it possible to transform matter into energy? To basically turn a human into a more highly charged, highly energized being that doesn't require as much food?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Maybe so, but I think you are looking at things too closely. If you look at the bigger picture, everything is just different vibrations of light. The 3rd eye when working properly may act as some sort of prism, to break sunlight down into the slower vibrations needed for the body to ingest. the following is a paper written by some indian scientists when studying HRM back in 2001. www.amazingabilities.com...

Perhaps you're not looking at the bigger picture.

Neither the experiment, as described in the paper, nor the paper itself have been validated by any other well-known scientific or medical journal.

A third study allegedly lasted for 130 days in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at Thomas Jefferson University and the University of Pennsylvania under the direction of Dr. Andrew Newberg and Dr. George C. Brainard.

Dr Sudhir Shah, who led the previous study, acted as an advisor and consultant to the USA team.

However, Dr. Andrew Newberg said that Hira stayed at the University of Pennsylvania only for brain scans on studies of meditation, not his ability to fast indefinitely.

His team of "scientists" seem to tell stories and make things up. That's usually a bad sign to the validity of their other "research". If you call it that.

Inedia

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Id say yes but for 3D humans not right now soon we will do anything our minds can imagine

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
reply to post by Aim64C

hmm... so energy-to-matter conversion won't work... Then is it possible to transform matter into energy? To basically turn a human into a more highly charged, highly energized being that doesn't require as much food?

Your body breaks down complex matter everyday with some very complicated enzymes. What you are left with, is what you leave in the toilet. That gets washed away and produces some interesting gas CH4 which, when combusted gives you CH4 + O2 → CO + H2 + H2O.

You body is therefore responsible for making Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen and water.

And you expended some energy along the way.

A good way to witness this first hand would be to preform what's commonly referred to as a, blue angel

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Staring into the Sun may not be a bad thing. Have you seen the Sun lately?? WOW. Incredible.

I believe in Mind over Matter, so, if someone thinks they can be have more health living on Greens alone than so be it?? I just read the report regarding Red Meat being bad in all levels.

edit on 14-3-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Staring into the Sun may not be a bad thing. Have you seen the Sun lately?? WOW. Incredible.

I believe in Mind over Matter, so, if someone thinks they can be more health living on Greens alone than so be it??

Unfortunately, these people bought into this whole Inedia thing:

The deaths of 49-year-old Australian-born Scotland resident Verity Linn, 31-year-old Munich preschool teacher Timo Degen, and 53-year-old Melbourne resident Lani Marcia Roslyn Morris while attempting the breatharian "diet" advocated by Jasmuheen have elicited criticism.[6][7]

Jim Vadim Pesnak, 63, and his wife Eugenia, 60, went to jail for six and two years on charges of manslaughter for their involvement in the death of Morris, when Pesnak delayed seeking medical attention.[20] Jasmuheen claimed that Linn's death had a psycho-spiritual, rather than physiological, source.

And who was their fearless leader who was living on no food at all?

Jasmuheen (born Ellen Greve) was a prominent advocate of breatharianism in the 1990s. She claimed "I can go for months and months without having anything at all other than a cup of tea. My body runs on a different kind of nourishment."[] Interviewers found her house stocked with food; Jasmuheen claimed the food was for her husband.

Source

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Maybe so, but I think you are looking at things too closely. If you look at the bigger picture, everything is just different vibrations of light. The 3rd eye when working properly may act as some sort of prism, to break sunlight down into the slower vibrations needed for the body to ingest. the following is a paper written by some indian scientists when studying HRM back in 2001. www.amazingabilities.com...

Perhaps you're not looking at the bigger picture.

Neither the experiment, as described in the paper, nor the paper itself have been validated by any other well-known scientific or medical journal.

A third study allegedly lasted for 130 days in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at Thomas Jefferson University and the University of Pennsylvania under the direction of Dr. Andrew Newberg and Dr. George C. Brainard.

Dr Sudhir Shah, who led the previous study, acted as an advisor and consultant to the USA team.

However, Dr. Andrew Newberg said that Hira stayed at the University of Pennsylvania only for brain scans on studies of meditation, not his ability to fast indefinitely.

His team of "scientists" seem to tell stories and make things up. That's usually a bad sign to the validity of their other "research". If you call it that.

Inedia

Not saying this is innacurate but it seems to be written from the point of view of a skeptic and there are no sources to the quotes you mention. (in wikipedia)

I believe one of the scientists that was part of the study was in "what the bleep do we know"

good day.
edit on 14-3-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That is a little crazy. I think the concept of Calories still exists but I think the way you get those calories is the question.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Yeah, the words "lab" and "meat" do not go well together...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Never really cared to find out.
I eat even the stuff that is bad for me.
There are few true pleasures in life, eating is one of them.
And really, offered a large supreme pizza or a kelp shake, which one you gonna jump on?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

It seems I spoke to soon so I will retract that. There does appear the possibility of making photosynthetic people. Of course, the idea is not the prettiest, but it does go along with the theme of the thread.

What this would require is some handy genetic engineering to let humans utilize the photosynthetic abilities of chloroplasts.

This means, however, that if we humans wanted chloroplasts for ourselves, or our livestock or pets, we would need to genetically modify the host animal to express proteins required for chloroplast function. It has been estimated that about 70-90% of the genes required for chloroplast function are provided by the plant’s genome (Martin et al, 1998).

Although it's interesting, it doesn't seem very feasible:

Photosynthetic efficiency (amount of light energy converted into usable chemical potential energy) typically is about 3-6%, so let’s assume 5. So the energy produced by a human being lying in the sun for an hour (3600 seconds) at midday would be:

400 J/s/m2 x (0.5 x 1.8m2) x 0.05 x 3600s = 64800J = 64.8kJ (or 15.43 kcal)

By comparison, an apple has about 400kJ of usable food energy. So an hour in the sun is about the same as a sixth of an apple. The daily energy requirements for a human being sit around 10,000 kJ per day, so that’s going to require 150 hours per day of sitting in the sun. Needless to say, that’s impossible.

To be honest, you are just better off eating an apple.

Source

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Laying in the sun and staring directly at the sun are 2 different things.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Unfortunately, these people bought into this whole Inedia thing:

You'll never know unless you try it. Maybe you should give it a shot...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join