It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMFG!!! I am a victim of credit card fraud!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
OMG!!! I don't even know where to begin, but I am sooo f'ing pissed off, my blood has run cold. I tried to used my bank card to pay for some pizza today and my card got declined. Now immediately that raised a few alarms since I knew for a fact I had over $2000 in the bank, and I couldn't understand how and why my card would be declined. So I called Bank of America and imagine my shock and horror when I was told my account was overdrawn by $462.00!!!!!!! So I started going over the transactions with the rep and was horrified to learn that in 3 days (Since Saturday) my card was being used from Miami all the way to New Jersey to purchase gas, food and other stuff. Thankfully Bank of America realized what was going on and has since cancelled my card and credited my account. But OMG I cant even tell you how pissed and shocked that this has happened to me!!!! mother f'ing losers whoever it was that was using my #!!!! arrghhh...if i could find them I would wring their f'ing necks.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Have you put any thought into how they obtained your credit card and/or numbers?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
haven't a clue, the bank said it wasn't via the internet and most likely was done locally, the guy suggested that i may have left my card out on a table or something and someone copied the numbers. The investigation is still ongoing since there were additional charges pending from today and hopefully when I get the paperwork they will be able to tell me how it happened.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
How long have you had the same card? I would imagine they could have got it long enough ago for you to forget they had the opportunity - I dunno if you go to any bars, but sometimes I know they will hold your card until you pay - or places where the internet connection is offline and they do the manual charge slip...

I'm sad to hear you're having to deal with this though - Although it's never personally happened to me, I've had many friends and family members go through this - I've come close before though

I lost my wallet once, and this lady calls me the day after I lost it and said she found it in her front yard and she thought that I must have been trying to rob her house and lost my wallet in the process. She made some very large threats that were put to peace by finally having her number traced and the police confronting her and forcing her to give me my wallet back...the stupidity of some people in this wolrd surprises me...

At any rate...I hope the person who did this is swiftly punished and all returns to normal soon...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Bank of America are completely useless. Both KayEm and her mom have had serious problems with those people. When its all sorted out I plan to put the info on the Pisky's blog. They really are utter crap.

May I suggest that you make your own personal checks before assuming that BOA is right. You may well find out that they have made serious errors.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I work for a credit carm company and i know how easy it really is to actually use a card number fraudulently... as i know how to do so (its part of our training to know how people get around security), i'm not allowed to say how they would have done it, but i think i know how they could have done this one.

They would have needed a card not just the numbers to put a charge through for gas and food (as they are present and would need to sign).

I wish i could advise how they do so, but i could lose my job...

Just take comfort in knowing it really isnt that uncommon and you are one of many who would have had this done to them this week.

new topics

top topics

join