It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why god?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
really why?anyone believes that life exists elsewhere then their nuts but we,r suppose to believe that a higher being controls everything?.....no we exist cause we exist,no god that created everything in 6 days and on 7th he rested.....seriously will people think how nuts that sounds?mordern science doesn,t even have a place for god,so why the hell is it everything still evolves round that theroy when its obvious its not true?......we base it on us being the only living things in the whole universe which now everyone knows is pretty far fetched so why still retain it?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
theroy

I don't remember it being a theory, but welcome to the world of non-believers.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Just a suggestion, but this belongs in the "Rant" section.
If you want to have a serious discussion about your topic I suggest you start a thread in the "Mysterious" subject matter forums, and perhaps list your reasons for the view you hold.
Cheers.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't know if there is a god. I try not to base too much of my life on the concept of such a thing, but it is a interesting consideration of some sort of greater organization in the universe.

Religion is ridiculous in my opinion. The concept of the deity in the various "holy" books seems so...human and not even the best version of humanity...pretty closer to the worst we can offer in regards to vanity, pride, etc. for attributes.

I think if a person of faith is a happier person because of it, then great..but soo many people mourn their religion, and often use it as a weapon..

A connection to something greater is a personal quest, and should be respected for the invidual to seek out..so I don't respect when one person tells you in regards to your own personal connection. That to me seems like someone robbing another of the persuit and uncovering, and instead holds hostage the other person's basic essence of self as something they have to buy into under a blanket ritual and understanding.

Religion supresses both scientific progression, and personal spirituality.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Can you prove God doesn't exist?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrecksrme
Can you prove God doesn't exist?
#

I think his absence is proof enough.
Life on the other hand is real, it happens wherever it can and it can happen in the strangest and most dangerous of places.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
why rant section?.........i thot i was having a serious disscusion......the view i hold?......well all my life its been god done this and god done that......prove it.....can anyone? no course they can,t....just like no one can prove we,r not alone but if someone said i saw a ufo or believes life truely exists elsewhere then their talking nuts....tell me why? cause if u ask me its more likely that life exists elsewhere and may have visited here than some god creating everything.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
and just being us,soz forgot to add that lol

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join