It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Massive UFO Flyover of Arizona, March 13, 1997 aka: The Phoenix Lights

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mikefortson

Thanks for clarifying the camera situation - I knew the answer but sought to preface the 20 odd posts that were coming either asking the same question or saying they don't believe first hand witness reports because they didn't take HD video with reference points and Stephen Greer doing the voiceover.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
just because someone didnt take photo's or film an event, does'nt mean it didnt happen.
absence of evidence is'nt evidence of absence

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I cant imagine how cool that thing must have looked. I have always wondered though, the V-shape craft was suppossidly following an interstate right? Well where would something like that disappear to? I mean did someone witness it shooting off into infinity at some point or did it just vanish? Or did it make it`s way into a restricted military area?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

if cameras were worthless at night how come we have pictures of the flares?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

My cameras on March 13, 1997, were a Poloraroid Instamatic and a Kodak 110. Both of these would be worthless at night. At that time we did not own a camcorder. All known videos at 10 pm and the 1 at 8:30 pm were taken with camcorders. There is one person who shot both 8:30 and 10 pm videos and enjoyed a higher elevated mountainside home

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Seriously?

Immensely bright flares, compared to the earlier sighting of a massive, and mostly black object? AT night.

A little common sense goes a long ways. Oh, and a lot of the Flares footage was shot be professional-grade cameras.....by the media.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear

I cant imagine how cool that thing must have looked. I have always wondered though, the V-shape craft was suppossidly following an interstate right? Well where would something like that disappear to? I mean did someone witness it shooting off into infinity at some point or did it just vanish? Or did it make it`s way into a restricted military area?

Ann Baker in Prescott Valley, AZ. witnessed the massive V shape turn to bright white and into semi-circular shape and shot off to the south. She's the only witness I know of who had a pair of binoculars. They were watching Hale-Bopp.

The Tim Ley family observed a bright white semi-circular object coming in from the north, then become V shaped or as he called it...like a carpenter's square.

The massive V shaped craft my wife and I witnessed was not going down the interstate. But south on Alma School Rd. app, 8 miles east of the interstate.

Also, there were at least 3 of the V shaped craft. Not just 1. All 3 were seen near Crown King, AZ. at 5:30 pm.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I'm still stuck on the chinese lantern story, because a few years later a local phoenix man caught his neighbor re-creating the phoenix lights, say what you want, but I say it is chinese lanterns not flares, as flares can't fly like a balloon, or chinese lantern.

As for the V shaped, it could have easily been a v formation of jets, good point, this would look strange if you didn't know what you were looking at, good possibility.

I did see the contrasted footage showing the big string of lights fall behind the mountains, and not disappear, I bet the government took away the evidence of the lanterns, either way there will always be UFO nuts believing it was ET. I remember even Art Bell took credit for the phoenix lights, He had one of his group consciousness 'prayer' type things, and one night he asked for a big UFO sighting, few weeks later the phoneix lights happened, bada bing bada boom, the chinese lantern guy could have been an Art Bell fan, who knows.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Evenin' Raz,

reply to post by Razimus

The only thing that comes to mind in reading your post is "Homework."

Respectfully,
Frank Warren

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
snip
Laugh all ya want ... snip

Good suggestion!
and a har har!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've included in an earlier reply the video of the footage mentioned below. I have on videotape the documentary that shows the night and daylight videos mentioned below (Cognitech) but I haven't been able to find it at youtube.

From Wikipedia (don't shoot the messenger!)

First eventThere are few known images of the Prescott/Dewey lights. Television station KSAZ reported that an individual named Richard Curtis recorded a detailed video that purportedly showed the outline of a space craft, but that the video had been lost. The only other known video is of poor quality and shows a group of lights with no craft visible.

Cognitech, an independent video laboratory, superimposed video imagery taken of the Phoenix Lights onto video imagery it shot during daytime from the same location. In the composite image, the lights are seen to extinguish at the moment they reach the Estrella mountain range, which is visible in the daytime, but invisible in the footage shot at night. A broadcast by local Fox Broadcasting Company affiliate KSAZ-TV claimed to have performed a similar test that showed the lights were in front of the mountain range and suggested that the Cognitech data might have been altered. Dr. Paul Scowen, visiting professor of Astronomy at Arizona State University, performed a third analysis using daytime imagery overlaid with video shot of the lights and his findings were consistent with Cognitech. The Phoenix New Times subsequently reported the television station had simply overlaid two video tracks on a video editing machine without using a computer to match the zoom and scale of the two images.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Just a small question, after the sighting were there any strange things happening around town? Like black helicopters flying around, suspicious unmarked vans, as well as men in black posing as FBI/CIA/AFOSI agents asking questions/intimidating eye-witnesses ?

Given blatant government denial and eagerness to coverup the phoenix incident with those warthog dropping flares at the same time, I think it would be reasonable to assume there'd be more shenanigans from whoever wants to keep the public blind to ufos.

I for one hope they fail dismally in the near future with their coverup shenanigans, especially in may when shipwreck hunters go back out to check the Baltic Sea.

edit on 16-3-2012 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The only video of the earlier sighting looks like planes flying in formation just like what others said. The 10pm sighting is clearly flares

As for people saying sound & engine noise, i live by an airport, planes are flying all over with no sound fairly low. At night with the lights on one could be fooled easily. Now imagine a few flying in formation, gives the larger triangle figure most claimed to see

Just like the hudson valley sightings. Planes flying in formation but people were connecting the dots making it 1 solid object when it wasnt.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm not sure why every time this case is discussed people always mention a formation of planes. If it was a formation of planes it would have had to have been a pretty massive exercise. Witness reports suggest the object was silent and blocked out other objects which suggests to me this was not a formation of planes. Simply put, we still don't know what was in the skies in Phoenix that day only those who witnessed it do.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
snip
Laugh all ya want ... snip

Good suggestion!
and a har har!

how disrespectful.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
I'm not sure why every time this case is discussed people always mention a formation of planes. If it was a formation of planes it would have had to have been a pretty massive exercise. Witness reports suggest the object was silent and blocked out other objects which suggests to me this was not a formation of planes. Simply put, we still don't know what was in the skies in Phoenix that day only those who witnessed it do.

There were witnesses that also said they could see stars in a distorted way, there were also witness that said it was planes.

When it comes down to it believe it or not, people WANT to make something seem abnormal when its actually isnt.

If you ever heard of the hudson valley sightings its the same situation as Phoenix lights. People claimed it was 1 solid triangle for years, but every vid is planes in formation. Same with he Phoenix lights video, doesnt look like a solid object looks like planes. If I'm not mistaken the guy that recorded the 9pm triangle said it looked like planes.

Which is more likely, planes flying in formation being misperceived or a Alien triangle flying over a city?
edit on 17-3-2012 by danaBLAF because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I know somebody who was living in Phoenix and saw the lights while driving home. He said most of the people he worked with had also noticed these lights, but they assumed it was helicopters at the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hello. Your thread is almost successfully derailed, mostly by one very tenacious person. In an effort to get you back on target, I would like to ask some questions.

Do you agree with the interdimensional label? If so, what about the event and object made you think it was interdimensional?
Have you seen anything odd in the sky since then?
Can you elaborate on the feeling that it was non-threatening?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by danaBLAF

Originally posted by ProfessorT

There were witnesses that also said they could see stars in a distorted way, there were also witness that said it was planes.

When it comes down to it believe it or not, people WANT to make something seem abnormal when its actually isnt.

If you ever heard of the hudson valley sightings its the same situation as Phoenix lights. People claimed it was 1 solid triangle for years, but every vid is planes in formation. Same with he Phoenix lights video, doesnt look like a solid object looks like planes. If I'm not mistaken the guy that recorded the 9pm triangle said it looked like planes.

Which is more likely, planes flying in formation being misperceived or a Alien triangle flying over a city?

I've said the same thing over and over but when one is on the ATS Aliens and UFOs forum one has to realize that most of the forum's members are believers and they don't want their bubbles burst.

In the Hudson fiasco, some of the light aircraft pilots admitted that they had joined forces to pull of the hoax. The "UFO" that you see in the video that is sometimes shown on TV is as bad, image-wise, as the > formation in the video of the "huge" Phoenix "triangle".

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Here's a long, detailed account by the Ley family, first-hand, close-up witnesses. Tim Ley says that during the sighting he considered the notion that it could be a formation of helicopters or other aircraft but basically that what he observed didn't seem to fit that theory. They mentioned that the five individual lights looked large (not point sources), but in this video didn't relate size in comparision with the apparent size of a full moon.

www.youtube.com...

This one shows the nonflare video and an account of that from the man who took it:

www.youtube.com...

And Tim Ley put together this Web page and says he made the oft-seen graphics of the object, based on his own obsevations:

www.phoenixlightsufo.com...

edit on 18-3-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join